Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why wasn’t motive a single?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

Title. Preface: I’m an Ariana fan, but wouldn’t go as far to say I’m a stan. So this is directed more at stans who might know if there’s a background story behind this.

▪️Catchy melody that would have performed well commercially ✔️

▪️Collab with a HOT artist right now ✔️

▪️Well loved by fans ✔️

Seems like an obvious choice for commercial release. So why didn’t Ariana release it as a single off of positions? 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

I think it was logical for it to be the third single, but at the time Doja was busy with her own album and singles. I think they were saving it for later, but POV wasn't a hit, so they stopped releasing singles.

Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.

Motivate is a single which got snubbed, but let’s not forget her iconic sister Test Drive. The song is catchy and very nostalgic for some reason, I could imagine playing it in the gym while doing cardio.

majkl > kitsch

3 minutes ago, bionic said:

felt like the entire album came and went within a blink. were there any singles after 69?

pov was supposed to have an MV and be sent to the radio, but the plan was scrapped after it underperformed with the lyrics video or whatever that was.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

GrandeAvenue
20 minutes ago, Noah said:

pov was supposed to have an MV and be sent to the radio, but the plan was scrapped after it underperformed with the lyrics video or whatever that was.

nasty was also supposed to be a single. and it also supposed to have a MV, but it was scrapped.

Anderson123

After Sweetener and Thank U Next being incredibly successful, we assumed Ariana was going to take a break. She probably felt creative during lockdown and some random sessions ended up with enough songs for an album. The whole project from start to finish follows the same chill vibe so having a couple of features here and there was pretty good but doesn't seem like they were really trying to milk Positions. Just seemed like a project she wanted to release for the fans but ended up having 2 big singles.

To be honest, Positions has grown on me better than Thank U Next for some reason. Other than the singles and Needy, I just never listen to the rest of it. 

Archived