💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Becky G says Dora the Explorer was the only representation she had

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

She told actor Diego Boneta on the latest episode of her Facebook Watch series Face to Face that Dora the Explorer was the only form of representation she saw growing up.

"The only thing that I had growing up was Dora," Becky said. "And she was like an icon for me, but I didn't get a princess. I didn't get a superhero. I didn't get anything."

bg.gif
She also opened up about bringing Latina and LGBTQ representation to the Power Rangers franchise when she played Trini Kwan (a.k.a. the Yellow Ranger) in the 2017 theatrically-released installment.

"I was a huge Power Rangers fan growing up... But I remember when there was a shift for there to be a Latina power ranger," she said. "And it was terrifying, because there was layers there to Trini, my character, that were clear that she was figuring out who she was. And some of those layers were of LGBTQ+ representation.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=402331044925242
source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

VoldeLorde2
1 minute ago, myluis617 said:

I mean there was Maya and Miguel as well

Yes! My sister and I thought we were the only ones that watched that show bc no one else mentions it

myluis617
2 hours ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

Yes! My sister and I thought we were the only ones that watched that show bc no one else mentions it

That was my show bro, I literally would faithfully watch it. Im not mexican but loved it. 

VoldeLorde2
7 hours ago, myluis617 said:

That was my show bro, I literally would faithfully watch it. Im not mexican but loved it. 

Same. My sister and I are white mid-westerns, and we always tuned in. 

Archived