Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

And Just Like That

RAMROD

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

Putting my comment in the spoiler box

Reveal hidden contents

That doesn't make sense. If anything Carrie would be the one using her as an ATM to fund her Jimmy Choo shoe addiction. And you just know Samantha would have been fine with it. 

I don't like the reasoning they've come up with and it makes me not want to watch it because it doesn't sound like they've stayed true to the characters. 

I think you're missing some context to the scene. 

Spoiler

Carrie makes the ATM comment after explaining that Samantha stopped taking her calls once she told her she no longer needed her as a publicist. It's not that Samantha ever needed money from Carrie, but now they weren't doing business together and the friendship ended, which confuses and hurts her. Miranda even says it has nothing to do with the money. I actually liked how the writers handled it and in some other scenes they make it open for her character to return, not saying Kim ever will though.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CyanLights
2 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

I think you're missing some context to the scene. 

Hide contents

Carrie makes the ATM comment after explaining that Samantha stopped taking her calls once she told her she no longer needed her as a publicist. It's not that Samantha ever needed money from Carrie, but now they weren't doing business together and the friendship ended, which confuses and hurts her. Miranda even says it has nothing to do with the money. I actually liked how the writers handled it and in some other scenes they make it open for her character to return, not saying Kim ever will though.

Spoiler

Even with this backstory/explanation it still doesn't feel in character 

tbh as  a whole, the first two episodes felt like fan fiction. Hopefully it picks up 

elijahfan
1 hour ago, CyanLights said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Even with this backstory/explanation it still doesn't feel in character 

tbh as  a whole, the first two episodes felt like fan fiction. Hopefully it picks up 

I couldn't disagree more, I think this was pretty well-written and I like the overall direction it's taking.

Spoiler

Though it got dark real quick... :wtfga:

elijahfan
12 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

No Samantha Jones? And, Just Like That.....I will probably not be watching. Love me some SJP, though

Surprisingly, I didn’t miss her that much in the end :oops: It kinda helps set this show apart from Sex and the City. Like, it doesn’t feel like the exact same thing.

BlingNotTheMusic

WOW :applause:

I just watched both episodes and I'm honestly blown away! It was so real, so honest, so required. This felt less like fantasy and more like we are seeing these characters in their real lives in 2021.

Definitely heartbreaking but honestly perfect story arcs pulling from seasons prior. Loved the cameos from previous guest stars! I didn't even recognize one of them!

It very felt current, without being in your face. I think white people often struggle the line of trying to be informed politically and combat racism, but not overdoing it to the point of ridiculous.

I cannot wait for the rest of the show, and contrary to what others say, I think their explanation for Samantha was perfect. It makes sense business-wise and they made nice with it in episode 2. Her absence makes sense since the show is less about sex and more about relationships. The writers did Samantha dirty in the second movie and I'm assuming that's one reason she did not return. But hey, you don't mix business and friendships.

Anyways, I'll rewatch again after I process everything! (Also, SO glad the episodes are longer now!!!!!)

sex and the city GIF

BlingNotTheMusic
7 hours ago, AshIey said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I don’t wanna watch this anymore either. :( This is so out of character for Samantha, she would’ve never completely ditched her best friends and never talk to them again. They could’ve written her departure in so many better ways that actually made sense. 

But....that's literally what Kim Cattrall did to these actors. She said they were never friends. The irony...art imitating life :billie:

59 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

But....that's literally what Kim Cattrall did to these actors. She said they were never friends. The irony...art imitating life :billie:

I was talking about their fictional characters though :sweat: imo it’s ooc and unrealistic for Samantha to react that way.

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, AshIey said:

I was talking about their fictional characters though :sweat: imo it’s ooc and unrealistic for Samantha to react that way.

Friendship can disrupted even with smallest reasons though? It is realistic. Especially with group of girl friends. There are even lots of scenes with the SATC girls not talking with each other in past seasons.  People change as they grow older, Samantha as character is too. Still, the door is not closed for Cattrall if she decides to return as Sam. The show make sure of that anyway. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Friendship can disrupted even with smallest reasons though? It is realistic. Especially with group of girl friends. There are even lots of scenes with the SATC girls not talking with each other in past seasons.  People change as they grow older, Samantha as character is too. Still, the door is not closed for Cattrall if she decides to return as Sam. The show make sure of that anyway. 

Of course I know some friendships don’t last forever, but reasoning just seemed too petty in my opinion.

RAMROD
Just now, AshIey said:

Of course I know some friendships don’t last forever, but reasoning just seemed too petty in my opinion.

Maybe it is. Don't friends being petty to each other once in awhile? One party might feel what they did is nothing, but the other party might feel differently about it and feel removed completely. But anyway, making sense of the reasoning is a losing game tbh. 

InTheCloset
10 hours ago, RAMROD said:

the actress don't want to return, so :shrug:

but from what i am hearing she got a bad ending. like they could have said she died because the breast cancer returned and was aggressive

The abyss stares back

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

but from what i am hearing she got a bad ending. like they could have said she died because the breast cancer returned and was aggressive

Never hear that. Probably some random fan speculation?

IRL Kim Cattrall demanded higher payment than SJP, the main star of the show. Because she felt Sam as fan favourite deserve it. Of course HBO refused to do that, when they already put her as second biggest payroll than two other co-stars, but to put her on  bigger payroll of the show, to pay her more than SJP is probably over the line for HBO, especially since SJP is also the executive producer of the show and deserves at that extra dollars back into her pockets, and such the the bitter rivalry between her and SJP gets worse. Her and SJP are never the best of friend to begin with but they made it work professionally until that time. 

ItWasntLaauv
Spoiler

“And just like that... Big died” I GAAAAAAAGGED!!! I kinda expected it since the rumored SATC3 script also had him die and Chris Noth was barely in the teasers for this show. As soon as Big said “I’m just looking at you” before Carrie left for the recital, I KNEW something was gonna happen.

The Samantha stuff was handled interestingly, in the scene where Carrie and Miranda were talking about Samantha, it felt like it was mirroring and narrating what SJP and CN probably did in real life to try to talk Kim Cattrall. In that way, it almost felt invasive or like too much watching them talk about it, but I also liked it because it felt real compared to how it would’ve been if they just danced around it.

Seeing that Samantha Jones sent the flowers for the funeral in the second episode makes me think that Samantha’s absence is going to be an ongoing plot device throughout the season. They’re definitely leaving room for Kim to return IF she ever changed her mind and wanted to do a season 2.

I know it’s probably not the case, but I’m wondering if Kim might make a slight appearance in the finale or something. If that were the case, I know the dollar signs must be wild and there has to be NDA’s on NDA’s on NDA’s. But I don’t know, it would make for record breaking TV ratings if it happened.

Overall, I enjoyed this new vision of the universe of SATC. It wouldn’t be right to call it purely Sex and the City, it’s really fitting that this goes by a new name. The formula’s different, the mood is different, there’s more realistic circumstances, and And Just Like That is a perfect name for this new show.

Other notes:

Lily slays :firega:

Brady is a punk, like does he have no manners? Him having loud ass sex with his parents home!? No self awareness at all. :saladga:

Miranda is still a queen even though her overcompensating for trying to be anti-racist in this new climate they’re living in, is making it cringey to watch her right now lmao. :giggle:

I really don’t like Che, Carrie’s podcast co-host, she/they just reeks of trouble hahaha!!

I love Charlotte’s emotions. :bradley:

“Give some wine to Black Charlotte.” LMAOOO

What pills is Carrie taking and do they affect her memory? The whole “coffee” scene was pretty odd.

RAMROD

Spoiler

I also love the growth with Carrie and technology. Remember in the movie she was like the traditional non smart phone users and refusing the iPhone that Standford offers during the wedding day at the library and saying she didn't know how to work that?

Now she got her own iPhone, AND a fashion Instagram account on top of that. Like, of course she would!! :sis:

BlingNotTheMusic
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Hide contents

I also love the growth with Carrie and technology. Remember in the movie she was like the traditional non smart phone users and refusing the iPhone that Standford offers during the wedding day at the library and saying she didn't know how to work that?

Now she got her own iPhone, AND a fashion Instagram account on top of that. Like, of course she would!! :sis:

I was talking about this to my friend who just watched! Not only that but Carrie's growth as a character overall. Throughout the movies, I felt like the characters became parodies of themselves. But this new show feels so refreshing and like we are actually watching the characters at this age, for real. 

I swear they are coming for drama Emmys and Golden Globes :trollga:

Archived