MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

U.S. confirms 1st Omicron variant in California (COVID)

Werk

Featured Posts

KEY POINTS
The United States has confirmed its first case of the new, heavily mutated coronavirus variant called omicron, in Northern California.
The variant, initially known as B.1.1.529, was first detected in South Africa, the World Health Organization said.
Scientists will need a few weeks to determine how vaccines and treatments perform against the new variant.

• Shook 3
  • Sad 3
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• CyanLights

• PartySick

• WheresMy911Alice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t panic and freak out. Remember; evidence over hysteria. The guy was fully vaccinated and recovering from mild symptoms. We know how to slow down the spread of COVID so just have to remember that

KEY POINTS The United States has confirmed its first case of the new, heavily mutated coronavirus variant called omicron, in Northern California. The variant, initially known as B.1.1.529, was fir

please do not start with this type of nonsense 

o<(0_0)>o

U.S. health officials on Wednesday reported the country’s first case of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, in a person in California.

The Covid-19 case was identified by the California and San Francisco health departments in a person who had traveled to South Africa and returned on Nov. 22, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a release.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/01/health/us-omicron-variant-confirmed-case/index.html

Edited by Quark
Mister G

Don’t panic and freak out. Remember; evidence over hysteria. The guy was fully vaccinated and recovering from mild symptoms. We know how to slow down the spread of COVID so just have to remember that it’s too soon to tell how infectious and deadly this variant is right now.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
Luna Lovegood

Sorry I don’t follow the news but how effective are the vaccines against omicron? Any ideas?

luna’s advocate
FATCAT
1 minute ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Sorry I don’t follow the news but how effective are the vaccines against omicron? Any ideas?

We won't know for a few more weeks, it's inconclusive, but every time a mutation occurs there is a chance it changes enough to be unrecognizable to our body, so we'll have to see.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 2

Great I live in SF:messga:  But honestly this is expected, COVID will never fully go away, but it's a good sign that the vaccine seems to be making the symptoms mild. Im hoping people don't go into mass hysteria over this. Realistically we can't expect no one to ever get covid, but as long as the death and hospitalization rate is low, I think we don't need to freak out

Edited by Siena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
LadyxGaGa

Im so scared. is this one airborne as well? and how well do the vaccines hold up? what if they are immune to the current vaccines. how long will it b till a new one comes out? esp with the holidays i’m so scared to see the spread of this variant 

Don’t be afraid. Covid is here to stay, and with each passing day, it’s no longer becoming a novel virus. Everyone will get Covid once or multiple times in their lives, antivirals are here, just make sure you’re vaccinated beforehand, your T and B cells will do the rest.

• Like 2
Chromatislaps
4 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

they seem to work against The Dawn of Omicronica :partysick:

TheSlash

I just read (from a virologist) that Omicron might be heavily mutated but not as infectious as Delta. Also, said virologist stated that booster vaccinations might protect people from Omicron.

So go get your boosters :grr:

Ew, David!
SonOfAphrodite

Oh wow I’m in the Bay Area down south in San Jose. Hopefully I should be fine since I just got my booster but it’s pretty scary knowing it’s in the area spreading:messga:

AJRocketMan

And so it begins… This is so selfish of me, but this may very possibly signal the cancellation of the Chromatica Bar Tour. I know it might already be cancelled even if there wasn’t Omicron, but I have never seen Gaga live and I would love nothing more than to go to her concert.