MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

SCOTUS argue abortion - It’s not good

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

Ffff****. This thread is just depressing. Roe v Wade might be overturned and could end abortion access for all Americans :(

• Shook 3
  • Sad 8
CameltoeKween

America is never going to recover from Trump. He truly put the end of the american dream in motion by putting so many evil people in power during his short run as president.

wake up handmaid GIF by HULU

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
StarstruckIllusion
Just now, CameltoeKween said:

America is never going to recover from Trump. He truly put the end of the american dream in motion by putting so many evil people in power during his short run as president.

and yet he’s the favourite to win in 2024 as people rightfully have little confidence in Kamala and Pete… girl yikes :messga:

Magic Mike

I just hope more left wing people decide to study law school so these supreme monsters disappear and stop being conservative 

Lady Gaga Movie GIF by House of Gucci

Edited by Magic Mike
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

I listened to the hearings and believe votes like Kavanaugh are a complete tossup at the moment and we really don’t know which way they will go. Of course they were looking for excuses and ways around Roe but there’s still a lot of doubt and discussion. The question isn’t only abortion but the perceived legitimacy/partisanship of the Supreme Court which we know justices of both sides of it have been really concerned about as of recently. The Supreme Courts power solely comes from the confidence in it from the people, there is no other enforcement mechanism they have. Overturning Roe and Casey would be a large turning point in that and more than likely cause huge amounts of nationwide unrest, and they are well aware of that. We won’t know their decision for another 6-7 months, it’s best to keep pushing for court reform and term limits in the mean time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Magic Mike said:

I just hope more left wing people decide to study law school so these supreme monsters disappear and stop being conservative 

The issue isn’t a shortage of left leaning candidates, it’s those who have the power to choose them. Republicans used Trumps presidency to change judicial confirmation rules to push through their SC justices and hundreds of judges in the lower courts without going through the proper procedures. 

Edited by gabeoz
  • Like 2
Mister G
22 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Agreed. I’m convinced the “American Dream” is slowly and surely dying out.

Phaye Monster

This is terrifying, to think we could lose rights over our own bodies at any second because a small group of people don’t care about it. I’m so afraid for the future of reproductive rights. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby
Lady JarJar

How can this be happening in 2021? I knew I lived in a pathetic country but what the ****.

Wah wah auh auh auh wo ma wo mama jar jar auh auh auh, meesa want bad romance!
  • Like 1
HuffsAhoy

Welp, this is what happens when the left rests on their laurels for years, fails to campaign in pivotal battlegrounds, and continually forces useless candidates to important positions of power. And yet, the best they are trying to offer in 2024 is the US's most embarrassing VP and an even more useless former mayor. But, hey, at least they got those diversity boxes check, right? :smh:  

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
  • Thanks 2
bionic
1 hour ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

could end abortion access for all Americans :(

I hate to be pedantic but the worst that can happen is that the power over abortion laws will be passed back to the states. So those in liberal states will have access but those in conservative states won’t. 

this is why conservative states have been passing legislation criminalising those who “aid” people to get abortions- to discourage from going to a different state to get an abortion where it is legal then returning to a state where it is banned 

buy bionic
17 minutes ago, bionic said:

this is why conservative states have been passing legislation criminalising those who “aid” people to get abortions- to discourage from going to a different state to get an abortion where it is legal then returning to a state where it is banned 

At the very least, laws like this are going to be overturned (like the Texas law, which will be overturned but it's a matter of when they announce it) Because the same method could be used to skirt constitutional rights outside of abortion like the 2nd amendment, gay marriage, etc. 

Edited by gabeoz