Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

House of Gucci is no good

Akiki

Featured Posts

Chinosky
18 minutes ago, samaria said:

It was edited like an old-school YouTube vlog, so many odd cutaways and rough transitions

True, are establishing shots non-existent anymore :air:

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i loved the movie but i feel like it was a little rushed/rough in places : (

i read there was originally supposed to be a voice over from patrizia but it was cut... it would've helped with the pacing a lot more imo 

doin' it for the fame ♡

ToxicHot
16 minutes ago, Akiki said:

I hope there is a Director’s cut. I wouldn’t mind to have more two hours but at least a proper movie. I didn’t mind the editing. In fact, I think ASIB had more questionable editing than House of Gucci. I thinks it’s just the random shifts in the story. Maybe I don’t remember it well but did they ever explained how Maurizio went back to Italy? His escape and return was a bit vague. 

The Gucci Representative, Dominico, had the worst part. Dude just sitting there and in the end gets to be the CEO just because… I didn’t understand if he was plotting to achieve it or it just happened. Patrizia mentioned it earlier but It lacked a bigger view on the character. 

I completely agree! 

And the Dominico actor was fine as hell..... probably the most attractive male cast member tbh :bradley: 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

JohnWayne92

I think it was kind of Hollywood, just a film that we haven’t seen in a while. I admit, I wish it were longer, but imagine if they did a sequel 👀 The Trial of Patrizia Gucci. 

It could explore the 2 years in between, the trial, and even jail time. End with her getting out of prison :staymad:

Franch Toast

I agree. The storyline is all over the place. I'm not sure how much of it is the script versus how it was edited. I do think it would work better as a miniseries. That said, most of the acting was stellar, but I don't think it's that great of a movie overall. 

She/Her/Hers

Magic Mike

Film is horrible but Gaga is fantastic of course

Ridley Scott was a terrible choice for her unfortunately 

it’s a shame that we knew by the trailer this “film” with almost no saturation was no good 

Magic Mike
6 minutes ago, JohnWayne92 said:

The Trial of Patrizia Gucci. 

Tbh HOG should have been a court drama

rasclautmangos

I enjoyed the movie. I thought Gaga was fantastic. The only part of the movie I didn't care for was the ending. Jumping from her having the mistress removed from her home to sitting in court 2 years later was a bit jarring.

BlingNotTheMusic

Overall, I loved the movie and will go see it again in theaters...

But the script is bad "You really hurt me" :billie:, the editing is all over the place, and the ending is SUPER rushed.

The highlights are the acting, music, cinematography, and fashion. Without these, the movie would be a flop for sure :huntyga:

i DO have to say that Stefani got me teary eyed when the guy came to serve divorce papers. Maybe just because I hated seeing our girl so hurt. But still. 

And also I smiled a lot in the beginning because she was just so good!

SharGaga

The title is so clickbait. Not every opinion warrants a thread imo. This should just go in the reviews thread just like everybody else 

I completely agree that this whole family drama is more of a limited series type. Using two and a half hour to portray such a complex story is way too rush. I feel like being pushed all over the place when watching it. 

I also think the movie uses Gaga to sell the film, insinuating that she's the center character, while the actual movie focuses more on Driver's character. Gaga's role is just an element of his story all along. This could become a huge factor that hurts Gaga's award season. 

I am no director or expert, but I think I would prefer the film using a flashback narrative. Beginning in a court house, Patrizia reflects the whole story using her narratives, from how she and Maurizio met to what went wrong, then eventually plotting to kill him. The film ends with the judge announcing her guilt and her penalty. 

SlowLoris

Disagree that it was a bad movie, however i do completely agree with your critique about Patrizia's character changing randomly

alsemanche
3 hours ago, Dennis said:

As usual LMs are Gaga's biggest critics. I've seen more negative reviews here than on MC.

OP literally praised Gaga :awkney:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

KURUSHITOVSKA

I found it too long, there are parts from the story that are missing and parts shown that have no point, for example the whole Paola trama, it added nothing to the plot.

It would have been way better if the story was told from Patrizia's point of view, as if it was a diary.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

• Admin locked this topic

Archived