About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Republican dismisses vaccine on Fox News, praises it on CNN

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Politicians are often accused of speaking out of both sides of their mouth, but Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.) took it to a new level on Sunday. In an interview with Fox News, Mace said that shrugged off the need to get vaccinated, claiming, falsely, that “natural immunity gives you 27 times more protection. In an interview with CNN later in the day, Mace touted herself as a “proponent of vaccination.”

Source

• LMAO 10
TimisaMonster

Politicians are hustlers...she's trying to see which side of the coin she lands on and will run with it :ladyhaha:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
Economy

27 times :triggered:

If she simply didnt emphasize it as a very important must and that its a choce on one panel to pamper to conservatives but then say she was however in support of getting vaccinated in another pannel to please progressives and liberals id chalk that off to typical politicians playing politics and omiting the parts that suits them best depending on audience they are talking to

However this is just plain laghable :lmao:

Edited by Economy
Economy
24 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Can anyone remind me why we keep putting the stupidest people in charge? I'm legit curious.

The biggest downside of democracy is that when ur population is stupid, so will the people in charge be.

Edited by Economy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
BillieGOAT

i don’t think she’s necessarily flip-flopping based on that clip alone?

She’s saying a study found that people who have the COVID antibodies are up to 27 times more protected from the virus than people who are vaccinated & don’t have antibodies. You can believe that study & still be a proponent of the vaccine. 

I think it’s reasonable to believe that your body’s natural antibodies might be more effective than a relatively new vaccine, but still promote the vaccine at the same time.

I have the antibodies & the vaccine so I’m double jeopardy protected but you can definitely believe in both simultaneously

• Like 1
AnglerfishbraBENUS
5 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

i don’t think she’s necessarily flip-flopping based on that clip alone?

She’s saying a study found that people who have the COVID antibodies are up to 27 times more protected from the virus than people who are vaccinated & don’t have antibodies. You can believe that study & still be a proponent of the vaccine. 

I think it’s reasonable to believe that your body’s natural antibodies might be more effective than a relatively new vaccine, but still promote the vaccine at the same time.

I have the antibodies & the vaccine so I’m double jeopardy protected but you can definitely believe in both simultaneously

i had the same opinion lol she’s not anti vaccination in the first clip, but implying we should catch covid because a study says one thing is a little dumb lol

PartySick
33 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i had the same opinion lol she’s not anti vaccination in the first clip, but implying we should catch covid because a study says one thing is a little dumb lol

Especially when nearly every study done comparing natural immunity to immunization has suggested that vaccines are demonstrably more effective at protecting you than a prior covid infection is :toofunny:

Her statement in the first clip is the definition of misinformation because it's not responsible to (only) quote an outlier study whose results are not only extreme, they're not backed up by any other study. It's even more irresponsible because she KNOWS the Fox News crowd is largely anti-vax so she's giving them ammunition to continue being selfish and idiotic by refusing the vaccine.

I wish the rain would just let me be
Economy
7 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Well, she probably knows the demographic and political orientation of the networks, so reputation-wise this was a smart move imo :billie: .

She failed to take into account the massive population that no longer whatches cable news but rather on the internet and would instead see her seemingly contradictory stance on the internet go viral :lmao:

To be fair this is showing a small portion, i dont have the full context for either clip and in the fox news segment she wasnt necessairily against vaccines just seemed like she was brushing it off as not that important

but either way the lil bit it is showing does seem to show some rathen significant flip floping :selena:

can't decide fred armisen GIF by IFC

TheSlash
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

She failed to take into account the massive population that no longer whatches cable news but rather on the internet and would instead see her seemingly contradictory stance on the internet go viral :lmao:

To be fair this is showing a small portion, i dont have the full context for either clip and in the fox news segment she wasnt necessairily against vaccines just seemed like she was brushing it off as not that important

but either way the lil bit it is showing does seem to show some rathen significant flip floping :selena:

can't decide fred armisen GIF by IFC

Well then she can still pursue a career as a comedian. Oh wait, she's already a politician :vegas: 

Edited by TheSlash
Ew, David!
  • LMAO 1
Economy
11 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Well then she can still pursue a career as a comedian. Oh wait, she's already a politician :vegas: 

Sometimes i cant tell the difference :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1