Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Chromatica era without COVID

Magneto

Featured Posts

Magneto

Now that Gaga basically confirmed that it's very painful for her to revisit anything Chromatica related, we as a Fandom got the confirmation of what we were already expecting. Given all that has happened I totally get it and I don't blame her at all.

I can't help but wonder though: they had so much promo planned which all couldn't happen because the pandemic started. But what if it hadn't? She would've had to push herself through that whole era and maybe ended up even worse than ever.

What are your thoughts? Also, a friendly reminder to be kind

Free my mind

Well, I'm sure the CBT was planned to be so short to avoid pushing herself as she had other plans later (Gucci, etc)

TasteLikeWhiskey

I honestly think she is proud of the album. Otherwise it wouldn't have been put out with such amazing artwork etc (remember her amazing outfits for the VMA's:tony:

She obviously feels disconnected to the album due to the pandemic lockdowns upon its release and have moved on emotionally. We all have since then

Let us just cherish it as the proper pre-covid-existential-crisis soundtrack of our time:applause:

The timing was horrid on this release and it was beyond anyone's control and foresight:shrug:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

HiddenWeirdo
45 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I can't help but wonder though

I hear Carrie Bradshaw right here so I‘ll give you an answer à la Samantha:

tumblr_ni45go45GG1tfqlfqo1_500.gifv

RAMROD

I really feel Gaga and Interscope  wanna repeat what they did with BTW , promo wise, with CHROMATICA. There supposed to be a lot of performances and promotions planned.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

VoldeLorde2

I think they planned five singles bc of the random promo certain songs got. I mean, SFA was obviously meant to be a single for summer time bc that’s when that Valentino ad came out. 

I believe they planned 911 for September to follow SFA’s success, and then Babylon would go for summer 2021, which didn’t happen. 

At least, that what I’ll tell myself:vegas:

I don't think there was an actual plan. To me, it was always going to be a disaster in terms of entertainment. Look how she started the Stupid Love campain, she wanted to rest before covid became the official reason. It was even worse than G.U.Y. and Perfect Illusion which were very silent to say the least.

She was actually EXTREMELY lucky to shoot the ROM video a couple days before the lockdown. Without that, Chromatica would have been... inexistant, I guess?

Anderson123
24 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

I think they planned five singles bc of the random promo certain songs got. I mean, SFA was obviously meant to be a single for summer time bc that’s when that Valentino ad came out. 

I believe they planned 911 for September to follow SFA’s success, and then Babylon would go for summer 2021, which didn’t happen. 

At least, that what I’ll tell myself:vegas:

I think they also had plans for Sour Candy. I think I read somewhere they were gonna perform it at Coachella then follow it with a music video. That's why there's merch about it, they were supposed to be released after that performance.

Shipper

I think she is very meticulous and time ssensitive in the projects she plans and that when something hinders her plan, she wants to move on from it rather than look back and fix things.

Covid ruined the timing for what she wanted to do for the album and I feel that she has moved passed it and gave us what she could. She always does look forward and focused on the next new project. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Glamourpuss

I think she fully intended to dance through the pain and turn her trauma into a celebration, and I think she was committed to the era. But when the pandemic happened it put a cloud over all her plans and hopes for the era so she decided to prioritise other more important things.

Also, someone close to her was hospitalised with Covid so I think it made her feel that it would be selfish for her to focus on being creative and having fun when there are serious things going on in the world and people dying. 

Dr Fudge
1 hour ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

I honestly think she is proud of the album. Otherwise it wouldn't have been put out with such amazing artwork etc (remember her amazing outfits for the VMA's:tony:

Very much this. I think people need to realize you can feel proud of something that also makes you sad. Both feelings aren’t exclusive of one another.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

What if they knew about Covid before releasing Chromatica? it's not so far fetched to think about it knowing they released Stupid Love late-February/March and Covid started in 2019 :huh:

berlinforme
3 minutes ago, Hebi said:

What if they knew about Covid before releasing Chromatica? it's not so far fetched to think about it knowing they released Stupid Love late-February/March and Covid started in 2019 :huh:

Yeah, like why didn't Gaga start developing a vaccine in 2019 already? :sick:

Archived