Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

(Spoiler) Maurizio Did WHAT

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

So according to this article from the LA Times 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2021-11-26/house-of-gucci-true-story-real-people

Maurizio "supposedly packed a bag and had a friend tell her the next day that he wasn’t coming back." Damn, that's savage :bradley:

But in the movie, he has a conversation with her telling her he's not coming back with her and their daughter. But the actual event that transpired is more hurtful and would be a more effective storytelling device to drive Patrizia to murder. 

(Not to mention the cringey, anti-climatic "You really hurt me" line :bear: the script has some interesting moments for sure)

So why do you think they changed this? I want to see Patrizia scream at his friend for not even having the ba**s to tell her to her face :trollga:

AndrewGr

Do you think a scene with Patrizia and a random friend would have the same impact as the one with Patrizia and Maurizio ending things, after having followed their entire love story? Do you even know how fiction works? :huntyga:

BlingNotTheMusic
8 minutes ago, AndrewGr said:

Do you think a scene with Patrizia and a random friend would have the same impact as the one with Patrizia and Maurizio ending things, after having followed their entire love story? Do you even know how fiction works? :huntyga:

No. No i don't. Please enlighten me :dom:

Their scene was super chill and she didn't even freak out on him. "You really hurt me," :trollga:It was very odd imo.

Would you not be pissed if your husband's friend told you he's never coming back, instead of your husband?

This makes more sense to drive someone to murder imo...but what do I know? I clearly don't know how fiction works :billie:

SharkmanthaC

I think they they used the lawyer as the friend. When he tells Patrizia about the divorce. Apparently Maurizio also tells their daughters that. he doesn't love mommy anymore and won't be coming back (or something along those lines). He really did do her dirty.

she/her/hers

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, SamanthaC said:

I think they they used the lawyer as the friend. When he tells Patrizia about the divorce. Apparently Maurizio also tells their daughters that. he doesn't love mommy anymore and won't be coming back (or something along those lines). He really did do her dirty.

Yeah I get that, but I mean the actual part where she learns he's leaving her. It seems hearing it from a friend and him ghosting her, is much more hurtful than him telling her to her face like in the movie. 

SharkmanthaC
5 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Yeah I get that, but I mean the actual part where she learns he's leaving her. It seems hearing it from a friend and him ghosting her, is much more hurtful than him telling her to her face like in the movie. 

I think it helps show how their relationship changed over time by showing them together. 

she/her/hers

BlingNotTheMusic
9 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I think it helps show how their relationship changed over time by showing them together. 

I guess I would buy that more if the scene were more impactful. She didn't really react as furious as I feel most people would but :derpga:  My dad brought up that he felt there was a lack of character development for majority of the characters, and that was his main criticism.

Stephen
28 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

But even when he told her she had to leave, they were still married. She knew the affair was going on and she knew she was losing him, but it was slow and toxic. There was probably a piece of her that clung to hope, that maybe he would change his mind, or eventually get bored of Paola and return to her and their daughter. They were still technically married. The moment where she understands his decision is final is the divorce. And that is done by the lawyer. The hurt you wanted to see we saw in that scene. He didn't have the decency to tell her himself. 

CannaeDrive

Yeah, he was kind of a coward with Patrizia (tho she must have been terrifying I guess).

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived