MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Fear Of Suspected Covid-19 Omicron Variant Case In Netherlands & Germany

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

A minister in the western German state of Hesse said Saturday that the potentially highly transmissible omicron variant of COVID-19 has "very likely already arrived" in Germany.

Kai Klose, who is the Minister of State for Social Affairs and Integration, wrote on Twitter that a traveler returning from South Africa was found to be infected with "several mutations typical of omicron."

He said health authorities had a "high level of suspicion" that the passenger had contracted the omicron variant.

He added that that full sequencing is underway and that the person has been quarantined.

"If you have returned from southern Africa in the last week, limit your contacts and get tested," Klose warned his followers.

If confirmed, it would be the first case of the omicron variant in Germany.

While two planes carrying some 600 passengers from South Africa that landed in the Netherlands on Friday might have brought 85 people infected with covid to the country, Dutch health authorities said on the same day they halted flights from several southern African countries where the omicron variant is feared to have spread.

Despite a mask mandate by Dutch airline KLM, which operated the two flights from South Africa, many passengers did not wear face coverings, said New York Times reporter Stephanie Nolen, who was aboard one of the planes.

As of Friday evening, at least fifteen covid cases have been identified out of the 110 samples tested, according to a regional Dutch health agency. (Dutch public broadcaster NOS reported Saturday that 61 cases have been identified from the two flights.) The health body did not immediately return a request for comment early Saturday on whether omicron was detected among the positive samples, though it had previously said researchers were racing to make a determination.

Countries including the United States and Britain swiftly imposed travel restrictions on southern African countries such as Zimbabwe and Botswana, but the omicron variant has also been identified in Belgium, Hong Kong and Israel.

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-omicron-variant-likely-already-in-germany-says-state-minister/a-59954998

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/11/27/amsterdam-omicron-covid-variant-lockdown/

Well, it begins (??) :gum:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ start the healing (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Sad 2
21 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Despite a mask mandate by Dutch airline KLM, which operated the two flights from South Africa, many passengers did not wear face coverings, said New York Times reporter Stephanie Nolen, who was aboard one of the planes.

Dutch airline KLM, what's going on, sweetie?

6 minutes ago, Knife said:

Dutch airline KLM, what's going on, sweetie?

It actually infuriates me the amount of people who refuse to wear masks. We know they are effective, we all need to do our bit to help keep this virus under control. 

Here in Scotland, use of masks is compulsory. Yet every time I walk into a shop, people are either not wearing them, or wearing those stupid butterfly lanyards you can buy on Amazon to highlight your “exempt” status.

I know Scotland is really quite an unhealthy country, but if ALL these people are truly exempt and have ALL these underlying health conditions… damn. Scotland is in a far worse state than I ever imagined.

Im a speech therapist and I work in a health centre. I am so strict with parents about wearing masks. If they can’t wear a mask into a place where there are lots of elderly and vulnerable people are coming in and out of the building, I tell them not to bother coming. Or take the child to the appointment with an adult who is actually willing to wear one. 

I honestly don’t believe for a second that the majority of these people have such severe medical conditions that they are completely incapable of wearing a mask. It’s embarrassing. 

And to Boris Johnson who eased the rules with face masks in England - shame on you. 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2
HuffsAhoy
1 hour ago, dojo said:

i thought we were about to have a normal cute holiday

You can have a cute normal holiday. Do not allow those in positions of power to tell you otherwise. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Why is this surprising to anyone? When even vaccinated people can carry and pass on Covid, new variants will constantly be produced.  The only way to stop such would be for vaccines to totally prevent infection.  Hopefully our vaccines continue to be highly effective against serious illness/death. Also, the treatment pill from Pfizer seems  VERY promising and is pretty close to FDA approval I believe.  

• Thanks 1