Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Just saw it in the theater. POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

lance13

Featured Posts

I just got home from HoG and I have SO many things I'd like to say, but not sure what I'm allowed to say in regards to "spoilers". If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. In a word, the movie is PHENOMENAL! I'll be honest, after reading posts on here and getting wrapped up in what reviewers think and the negativity, I almost lost myself and ruined this whole experience. Don't do that to yourself even if it means taking a break from GGD until after you see the movie.

I honestly don't know where to start. Gaga is everything you've read and MORE! She is the glue that holds this movie together. Her acting, accent, and screen presence are on an entirely different level. She can just give a "look" and it speaks volumes. The camera absolutely LOVES her and she doesn't disappoint.  Forget reviews and negative posts.....just go see this movie and form your own opinions. 

There's been alot of discussion about Jared Leto and I have to say he 100% "worked" for me. He is very deserving of a supporting actor nod in my opinion. He has some of the best lines. Adam Driver is great and there is definite chemistry between he and Gaga. That sex scene is something else. LOL There are some scenes in the trailer that are not in the film, for example the "unconventional punishment" scene and some of the Studio 54 scenes. It's never really clear that they are at Studio 54......just a party. There's never really a long gap of movie without Patrizia like I had read. They do focus on Maurizio and the changes in his character, but Gaga isn't really off the screen for too long. 

The needle drops are so surprising and welcome. The wedding scene is probably one of my favorites. I'm definitely looking forward to the soundtrack. Donna Summer is making bank with royalties. 

Overall, I'd give the movie an A+++. In my opinion, to not nominate Gaga for this role would be the biggest snub in Oscar history. She is so deserving and she'll get the nomination. Also, don't be surprised to see Leto get nominated and maybe even Salma (she's GREAT). If you forced me to say one thing negative, I would have to say that whoever did Jeremy Iron's makeup for his "sick look" was probably an 8 year old with some crayons. LOL Really heavy on those dark circles. 

I'm obsessed with this movie and I'm already planning on going back tomorrow.  It's a FUN ride and Gaga is a winner already regardless of reviews and awards. It will have you leaving the theater so proud that you're a fan.

CyanDante

I am glad audience is enjoying the movie. Because I really wanted Gaga to be in like a cult classic film, that can be re-watched multiple times. :diane:

ASIB was great, but it was too heavy and sad to watch many times, especially with INLA at the end. :selena:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

MadreMonster

I just got out and I’m not sure the FUN in the movie :ladyhaha: I only cared for Salma and Gaga, the rest was just…. Meh.

2 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

I just got out and I’m not sure the FUN in the movie :ladyhaha: I only cared for Salma and Gaga, the rest was just…. Meh.

That's why everyone should go and make up their own minds. Opinions are a wonderful thing. LOL

7 minutes ago, Thwack said:

Donna Summer is dead. 

True. Still doesn't mean she's not making alot of money on royalties and someone is getting it.

MadreMonster
Just now, lance13 said:

That's why everyone should go and make up their own minds. Opinions are a wonderful thing. LOL

And that is my opinion. Gaga will get the nomination but I missed the drama and character progression. It was just plot point to plot point without much meaning or depth behind their actions.

I almost wish they shortened the leading up to the murder events and showed more of the events after the murder. 

4 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

And that is my opinion. Gaga will get the nomination but I missed the drama and character progression. It was just plot point to plot point without much meaning or depth behind their actions.

I almost wish they shortened the leading up to the murder events and showed more of the events after the murder. 

I agree with you on showing more after the murder. It did seem rushed. I wanted to see her get arrested.

nswain1110

I just got home from seeing it too. I liked it. Great acting performances from everyone especially Gaga and Pacino. I’m glad this film showcases Gagas true acting chops - she’s the real deal and I think this will shut her critics up. The ending / climax felt rushed. I don’t think I’ll want to see it again in Theatre’s but will rewatch when it’s on streaming. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

MadreMonster
Just now, lance13 said:

I agree with you on showing more after the murder. It did seem rushed. I wanted to see her get arrested.

It might have been my theater but it felt quiet and awkward. I would have loved to see Gaga’s acting through the immediate after-moments and then the grief and the parts of getting over what she did. Then being blind sided by the arrest.

I also felt all the iconic lines/scenes were in the trailers. I did love the part at the fashion show where she appears in the flashing lights.

MadreMonster
3 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

I just got home from seeing it too. I liked it. Great acting performances from everyone especially Gaga and Pacino. I don’t think I’ll want to see it again in Theatre’s but will rewatch when it’s on streaming. 

Same. I do want to watch it through a different lens rather than just being a Gaga stan :ladyhaha: but I’ll wait until it’s out of the theaters.

CaliforniaDreamin
7 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

It might have been my theater but it felt quiet and awkward. I would have loved to see Gaga’s acting through the immediate after-moments and then the grief and the parts of getting over what she did. Then being blind sided by the arrest.

I also felt all the iconic lines/scenes were in the trailers. I did love the part at the fashion show where she appears in the flashing lights.

I bring myself to these conclusions too but then I have to tell myself this isn’t a fantasy, it’s a real story, real people.

EGOT2027

i saw it in theaters tonight too and honestly i don’t know how i feel LOL. i was so distracted the whole time that i was finally watching GAGA in THE MOVIE that i couldn’t decide if the movie was amazing or terrible. i def felt like salma and gaga’s scenes were the most fun and wish there were more

Did you notice in the club when Patrizia stops the 2 guys from dancing so she can cut in? LOL. She's like.....NO.

Archived