💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 14

COOOK

Featured Posts

weed
8 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Does anyone know what Jorgeous says instead of hello? Hellotus? Hello-dis? :triggered:

Helotes, the city she is from/near 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

Omg this episode was clearly 100% scripted. I would have believed it if Ru made all the bottom queens lipsync and eliminated 2 queens or something. But now that they announced a lalaparuza episode as a punishment for the bad snatch game it’s obvious that the producers had planned this. They definitively tried to get some headlines or make this snatch game a legendary one that will go down in herstory, and after 14 regular seasons and a bunch of spin offs it’s clear that they have to make sure the snatch game of the main franchise stands out somehow, so they probably told the queens: ok guys we’re making this the worst snatch game in drag race herstory, do a bad job so we have An excuse for a lalaparuza episode. I mean literally when I turned my phone on after the episode I saw least 5 articles on fb that said: „worst snatch game in drag race herstory“.  I still loved the episode but the fact that they made it too obvious that the whole snatch game fiasco was staged took away the illusion when I was watching. 

Stephen
Spoiler

I ****ing love lip sync focused episodes so I'm psyched! I think it's odd that Ru didn't eliminate anyone though... like we could have had a normal elimination this week and the Lalaparuza next week just as a normal challenge. 

There's definitely a concerted effort to maximize the length of the US seasons, especially this year and last year. It must be profitable for them to drag it out.

It's really jarring when you compare it to a short season like UK vs The World. They crowned the winner on the 6th episode... in season 14 that's the episode when Maddy Morphosis went home. :billie:

COOOK
5 hours ago, tomsches said:

Omg this episode was clearly 100% scripted. I would have believed it if Ru made all the bottom queens lipsync and eliminated 2 queens or something. But now that they announced a lalaparuza episode as a punishment for the bad snatch game it’s obvious that the producers had planned this. They definitively tried to get some headlines or make this snatch game a legendary one that will go down in herstory, and after 14 regular seasons and a bunch of spin offs it’s clear that they have to make sure the snatch game of the main franchise stands out somehow, so they probably told the queens: ok guys we’re making this the worst snatch game in drag race herstory, do a bad job so we have An excuse for a lalaparuza episode. I mean literally when I turned my phone on after the episode I saw least 5 articles on fb that said: „worst snatch game in drag race herstory“.  I still loved the episode but the fact that they made it too obvious that the whole snatch game fiasco was staged took away the illusion when I was watching. 

Not really. You can clearly see how uncomfortable they feel (and make you feel) when they try to punch some jokes... none of these queens are that good of actors to fake this tbh.

Now that this is a successful tv show and the budget increases each season, they have more freedom and are allowed to push more episodes, so what probably went down was that right after filming the snatch game, Ru and Production talked about what to do with this. I'm sure they considered pulling a mega lip-sync like the disastrous S11 one before deciding it was best to make a lalaparuza episode (for ratings, headlines, bringing something unexpected,... you name it)

I recommend many here to stop watching this show with the Producer cap on. Not everything is that produced; things are pre-planned in advance but what ultimately steers the show is a sort of banter between the queens and Production. The way queens interact with each other, helps Production to incite and provoke situations for storyline purposes. They're watching them constantly and act upon how things evolve between them, wheeling it one way or the other with their decisions. What they really can't control is when their favorite queens bomb really hard in the challenges or when they eliminate each other. I worked in reality tv and I've seen how these things work, and how even Producers experienced the loss of their favorite contestants in the competition (and for example how, if they wanna get rid of someone, they only air and edit the parts that put that contestant in a bad light). These things happen :shrug:

Sneaky Oliver
6 hours ago, tomsches said:

ok guys we’re making this the worst snatch game in drag race herstory, do a bad job so we have An excuse for a lalaparuza episode.

They don’t need an excuse for that though, the Snatch Game is iconic they would never purposely try to make it look bad 

I think the producers were quick enough to mention the LalapaRuza episode on this one and get everybody hyped for next week 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver
19 hours ago, AndiGaga said:

i want Bosco as winner with Willow, Jasmin & Jorgeous in the finale

Jorgeous? Girl
 she can barely speak, she can’t act, she aint funny, she does not serve looks. I’m not a hater, she’s a sweet dancing queen and she’s very good with her talent which’s performing but a lot of “only” dancing queens went home way earlier for not having all the other skills they look for 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

MessyTop

Did Bosco run out of looks?

the last one is form the preview from next week  

rrqllfuquzm81.jpg

bionic
44 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

rrqllfuquzm81.jpg

Only a skinny queen could get away with it

buy bionic

bionic
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Jorgeous? Girl
 she can barely speak, she can’t act, she aint funny, she does not serve looks. I’m not a hater, she’s a sweet dancing queen and she’s very good with her talent which’s performing but a lot of “only” dancing queens went home way earlier for not having all the other skills they look for 

Willow is dead behind the eyes but nobody comes for her about it

buy bionic

COOOK
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

"Life was a Willow and it bent not to your wind" ...

20220310_152359.thumb.jpg.e577d55a2dcbf9

alsemanche
1 hour ago, MessyTop said:

rrqllfuquzm81.jpg

next week is a lipsync episode so the looks don't reallly matter. I doubt she put any effort into it + it's a comfortable lipsync outfit. But yeah ep9 and 10 were the same vibe

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Ladle Ghoulash
11 hours ago, tomsches said:

I honestly don't buy that

Ladle Ghoulash
3 hours ago, bionic said:

Imagine coming for someone who suffers from chronic illness for being "dead behind the eyes" 

Sneaky Oliver
9 hours ago, MessyTop said:

rrqllfuquzm81.jpg

I think it’s another case of Vanjie series of red outfits. They don’t really know the sequence of the runaways while they’re gathering their looks before the show. It’s an unfortunate situation that her two most similar looks were shown week after week

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• COOOK changed the title to RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 14

Archived