💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Britney comes for Christina Aguilera

RAMROD

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, MarriedToMusic said:

Christina & Britney aside, There are millions of human rights issues in the world right now, are you a bad person for not being involved in ending all of them?

No one is obliged to do anything in this world besides follow the laws of their country, that's the harsh truth of it.

Yeah but unpack the ethics of choosing not to do anything for someone until there’s some career advantage to doing so? That’s the crux of Britney’s thing. She isn’t asking for any particular person’s support or help but it’s a bit rich when there nowhere to be seen when her plight didn’t have an advantageous streak for them.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
insight

Britney will chanel her energy into holding accountable celebrities who she feels didn't support her? Girl, really? The key focus is her father, mother, sister, Lou & Co.

focus-concentrate.gif

Economy
12 hours ago, dojo said:

Well yeah but Christina openly supported the free britney movement and wrote a series of tweets! so what's Britney's point? i don't get it

But i guess because that reaction to the reporter was extremely rude. Or at least totally gives off i dont care vibes

Regardless of any support she may have tweeted once or twice that doesnt look good

MarriedToMusic
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

But i guess because that reaction to the reporter was extremely rude. Or at least totally gives off i dont care vibes

Regardless of any support she may have tweeted once or twice that doesnt look good

Actually it's the reporter being rude asking after being told no more questions. Christina is turning around because the man behind her is grabbing her arm and trying to rush her inside because the show was about to begin. Not because she doesn't care or is annoyed about Britney.

It was more than a "couple tweets", she penned a whole letter to Britney. Christina isn't even that active on social media.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/53351/1/christina-aguilera-shows-support-for-britney-spears-in-a-candid-open-letter

Economy
2 minutes ago, MarriedToMusic said:

Actually it's the reporter being rude asking after being told no more questions. Christina is turning around because the man behind her is grabbing her arm and trying to rush her inside because the show was about to begin. Not because she doesn't care or is annoyed about Britney.

It was more than a "couple tweets", she penned a whole letter to Britney. Christina isn't even that active on social media.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/53351/1/christina-aguilera-shows-support-for-britney-spears-in-a-candid-open-letter

Im not trash talking Christina and obviously theres reasons why it happened like this

Im simply responding to the question of why Britney said this and im saying im guessing this is why (or at least part of it)

Just because there was no ill intent and she didnt respond in tbe best way accidentally doesnt mean something cant look bad or rude and thus get a response even if its from a result of misunderstanding. 

If what ur saying is the case she could have taken a couple seconds to say she had no time or Im being called etc. Saying no I cant looked bad plain and simple.

That doesnt mean i think she should get cancelled for it, things come out bad all the time especially when u barely have time to think ur reaction thru. Im just saying regardless of intent it looked bad and maybe thats where Britneys reaction came from

Bambino
3 hours ago, bionic said:

Xtina has long suffered PTSD following years of childhood abuse and has talked extensively about how she struggles with the way she physically reacts to distressing topics. I hope this makes u feel better.

Excuse me? Can y'all stop personalize ****? :smh:

Chlorine Sevigny
34 minutes ago, insight said:

Britney will chanel her energy into holding accountable celebrities who she feels didn't support her? Girl, really? The key focus is her father, mother, sister, Lou & Co.

focus-concentrate.gif

Mathew Rosengart is handling the actual problems with her family behind the scenes though. If Britney wants to pop off and call Xtina a fake ass bitch on IG, it’s her prerogativeℱ :air:

spector

anyone thinking they have the right to police britney’s behavior, after her voice was muted for the longest time, is more than inconsiderate: it’s indirectly continuing the very attitude, the very inhumanity with which she was treated. simultaneously supporting and restricting her from asserting agency is ethically/morally baffling. there is no space for inserting a “but” here. believe and stand by her—that’s it. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

bubbletea

having mental illness or traumas isn't an excuse to be rude, and we all know damn well how nasty Xtina has been with other celebrities 

Gaga, Mariah, Pink, Britney...

Economy
3 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

She has all the right to say this and I support it. During the last months, when the FreeBritney movement became massive, it also became cool to join it for some celebs, but most of them who knew what was happening behind the curtains all the time didn't say a thing when the movement were just a bunch of "conspiracy freaks" for the GP. So yeah, f*ck the hypocrisy and the opportunism.

Yeah this is what i hate about celebrity activism in social issues as a general rule...

Theres literally millions of injustices happening globally every day and celebs only jump on the wagon for a specific issue once it becomes trendy or no longer controversial enough that most will ditch following u etc

Celebs advocating for gay rights or anti racism, lets be totally honest theres no boldness in that for most of them. The vast majority of stans in pop cultute or ppl into mainstream are liberal or progressive enough now that they will agree with such statements or at least not disagree so strongly that theyd stop listening to a celebrity for it. And anyone thats do racist, bigoted or homophic and conservative that they get offended by this "activism" probably isnt a fan of progressive mainstream celebrities to begin with so ur not angering some base u had at all in the first place.

Things like racism and homophobia are still big issues but its not THAT controversial to speak out about for most celebs especially mainstream celebs. If anything get a lot more praise

Where were most celebs decades ago when advocating for these issues was actually a lot more controversial and potentially damaging to a career?

Theres exeptions but most celebs only "speak out" on an issue when its trendy enough and non controversial enough that its fairly certain that they will be praised for saying such things and not that backlashed

To me thats not activism or boldness thats oppurtunism. 

MonsterOfSpain
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

To me thats not activism or boldness thats oppurtunism. 

True, that's why we should celebrate and appreciate actual legends like Gaga or Madonna who actually pioneered being activists for controversial and important issues.

Economy
44 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

True, that's why we should celebrate and appreciate actual legends like Gaga or Madonna who actually pioneered being activists for controversial and important issues.

Right. Those took real backlash and risks...

If ur only opening up about lgbt or racism in 2016 ok great...not a bad thing in itself because the issues still exist but dont try and act all woke or activist either... theres literally 0 risk for most celebs to talk about these things unless they have a super conservative base...

For most of them theres more praise than backlash to talk about these things... but u never see them talk about non trendy social issues

So to me i dont care what most celebs say cuz it all sounds like image and reputation grooming all the time

Sinfullota

At this point Britney gets a free pass from me no matter what she does. Yes Xtina tweeted in June AFTER Britney spoke publically. Nevertheless, her support was appreciated and I doubt Britney knows about that. But it is one thing to tweet a message (written by god knows who) and another to dodge a question in such a rude manner ON CAMERA. And this all after she is free? She is your childhood friend. I think there is something behind it cause her PR guy clearly shouts 'No we're not doing that' after he hears the name Britney. 

Xtina could have handled this better, the way she walks away, her face, attitude and 'I hope she is happy' give off a whole different vibe. 

35 minutes ago, MarriedToMusic said:

Crazy what 1 second more can do, the publicist was really rushing her since before and the reporter kept going, also Britney is getting dragged everywhere, they r both trending on twitter and stan twitter is siding w Cristine

ShayCristoforo

She is allowed to be upset and triggered by disappointing behavior guys. She’s also allowed to compare our stellar Lady with someone who is notorious for being rude.
Let’s just have our cake and eat it too, because it’s delicious :bye:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived