💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

AMC Advance Screening

Concertaholic

Featured Posts

RabbitHeart

The 2 main negative things I saw on twitter that, before seeing it, i thought "oh that sounds like it could be valid" were:

1. movie feels too long/is a bit of a slog/energy dips

2. movie drags when it gets into the business nitty-gritty/is confusing

but after seeing it, I truly did not understand those criticisms. like, my main thing is that the drama is more simmering throughout than building up to a big climax (:ally:) but i loved it, even if i take my stan colored glasses off. it didn't feel 2.5 hours long to me at all. it felt shorter than Marvel's Eternals (which i loved) and they're about the same length. hell, it felt shorter than Red (Taylor's Version) :laughga:

i fall on the side of "eh jared leto was doing too much" but after his first couple scenes i got used to him and kind of appreciated the comic relief he added. i wish salma had more screen time too. but you can tell from the music choices alone that it's not trying too hard to delve into the darkness of the subject matter. it was just so much more fun and less intense than i thought it would be.

also our gal is officially a movie star y'all. she DID that. she did THAT. the scene when they're all skiing -- the "unconventional punishments" one from the trailer -- left me fully gagged.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Papergangstuh
1 hour ago, fghtrfd said:

Did a lot of people go to advance screenings? These AMC ones don't count for box office, you'll have to go see it again haha :) 

They do, AMC has to pay the studio. But they won't count for the first week sales if that's what you mean.

I'm assuming everyone here in this thread have seen it so imma share my thoughts that I'd held back since I didn't wanna spoil nothing on twt.

But I think my fave characters were Al, Jared, and of course Gaga. I just adore the fatherly-son love between Al and Jared so much. LMFAO. The way he continues to unconditionally take him. That scene where he was signing papers was just painful to see.

I stan the bond of Gaga and Salma than the Gucci couple themselves. The hitman scene is definitely my fave one, it was such a kii. Although that Gaga and Adam scene was hot asf.

Accent-wise, it did feel like characters were losing them on and off including our fave. But I think Jared had the top one. I'm no Italian so my opinion doesn't count on this. I just thought Jared had the most consistency. There were times that Gaga had strong accents that blew me away too.

I wish I knew much more on fashion culture, it seemed like there were tons of fashion icons being referenced all throughout the film that like me clueless but would have been another layer of appreciation.

And finally, the end scene and Gaga's face in court was just a cherry on top. She really outdid herself.

Iconic lines: New York, ****/Chocolatte, Father Son HOG

00026 † 10000

Concertaholic
3 hours ago, Galagala said:

So is the film really that bad as some critics said?

If I’m trying to be impartial and pretend like I was seeing the movie as someone who isn’t a huge Gaga fan, I’d rate it a 7/10. It’s a good movie but nothing about it is groundbreaking or that compelling like some of Ridley’s iconic past films. If I had to choose this or A Star is Born to watch again in my free time, I’d definitely choose A Star is Born.

Individually the scenes were beautiful with great sets, acting, and costuming but the movie as a whole just felt like a collage of scenes stitched together and like it wasn’t really a coherent film.

I will say that the large amount of really positive reviews were probably just trying to please Gaga fans :oops:

14 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

If I’m trying to be impartial and pretend like I was seeing the movie as someone who isn’t a huge Gaga fan, I’d rate it a 7/10. It’s a good movie but nothing about it is groundbreaking or that compelling like some of Ridley’s iconic past films. If I had to choose this or A Star is Born to watch again in my free time, I’d definitely choose A Star is Born.

Individually the scenes were beautiful with great sets, acting, and costuming but the movie as a whole just felt like a collage of scenes stitched together and like it wasn’t really a coherent film.

I will say that the large amount of really positive reviews were probably just trying to please Gaga fans :oops:

I was thinking about this actually. I would still prefer ASIB over HOG, but I think Gaga truly delivered another level of acting here that wowed me even more.

00026 † 10000

Intoxicated6

I saw it yesterday too, overall I thought it was a great movie, just had some issues with the pacing, specially on the second half. The stands out for me were Gaga and Al Pacino. The soundtrack was *chef kiss*

MadreMonster

I’m seeing on Tuesday with a friend :firega: can’t believe I get to see my girl act in less than a week

Mother of Puppies
19 hours ago, Concertaholic said:

If anyone has any questions about the movie just let me know :)

Is there some nudity in it? (Because of the rating)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

1 minute ago, Mother of Puppies said:

you get to see the whole package of the maurizio gucci

Spoiler

or not

watch the film and be excited

newgifgaga.thumb.gif.75a40c6c713d5c8e76c

00026 † 10000

2 hours ago, Concertaholic said:

Why would they want to please Gaga fans out of everyone? Lol it’s not like all the critics were praising it. We had a lot of mixed opinions. 

rawrimamonster
2 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Just Gaga. Not even sure we saw Adam Driver shirtless. Al Pacino gets naked for a massage though if that’s your thing 😂 

Archived