SomethingMore

Featured Posts

Even the decades-old Michael Jackson's Thriller has outsold BTW. :omg:

The "mega-stars" Sugarland and Kings of Leon too... :hehe:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nick4bty

Anyone have The Fame sales before TFM was released? I'm really curious to see how much TFM added to the overall sales. I'm guessing it was a lot. With the deluxe edition sales and TFM EP sales, TFM should probably be considered the most successful of the three albums.

SomethingMore

Even the decades-old Michael Jackson's Thriller has outsold BTW. :omg:

So what? He is the King of Pop and he died in 2009. and he deserves even more!

BTW did great. Just look at this years top 10 best selling albums :

01 - 4,299,000 - 21 - Adele

02 - 2,591,000 - RED - Taylor Swift

03 - 1,505,000 - UP ALL NIGHT - One Direction

04 - 1,303,000 - BABEL - Mumford & Sons

05 - 1,190,000 - BELIEVE - Justin Bieber

06 - 1,108,000 - BLOWN AWAY - Carrie Underwood

07 - 1,061,000 - TUSKEGEE - Lionel Richie

08 - 1,042,000 - TAKE ME HOME - One Direction

09 - 1,026,000 - TAILGATES AND TANLINES - Luke Bryan

10 - 914,000 - NIGHT TRAIN - Jason Aldean

Born This Way outsold 8 out of 10 ! And Adele's 21 is from 2011, so only Taylor outsold BTW and with only 500,000.

• 2 weeks later...
Dangerous Man

It's excellent IMO. :legend:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Saint Laurent

Who the **** buys Taylor's album? Does she just go in dressed as granny's and buy boxes?

Anyone have The Fame sales before TFM was released? I'm really curious to see how much TFM added to the overall sales. I'm guessing it was a lot. With the deluxe edition sales and TFM EP sales, TFM should probably be considered the most successful of the three albums.

I believe that The Fame was certified platinum as of May 2009. I'm pretty sure it was close to 2x platinum when The Fame Monster was released. If we assume that 100% of The Fame's sales came from the deluxe version of The Fame Monster from that point on then yes, TFM is clearly the higher selling album (also taking into account the standalone sales of the EP). However, I don't think it's possible to know the breakdown of how many of The Fame's sales were standalone or from the TF/TFM combo so we'll probably never have exact numbers.

nick4bty

I believe that The Fame was certified platinum as of May 2009. I'm pretty sure it was close to 2x platinum when The Fame Monster was released. If we assume that 100% of The Fame's sales came from the deluxe version of The Fame Monster from that point on then yes, TFM is clearly the higher selling album (also taking into account the standalone sales of the EP). However, I don't think it's possible to know the breakdown of how many of The Fame's sales were standalone or from the TF/TFM combo so we'll probably never have exact numbers.

If anything, though. TFM caused people to buy both the EP, the standard edition of TF, and/or the deluxe edition. Without it, The Fame would not have sold as much as it did.

SomethingMore

The Fame sold more than 2 mil copies in the US, before TFM was released.

So if TFM was a standalone album it would be something like this :

- The Fame - 3,000,000

- The Fame Monster - 4,000,000

in the US of course.

Can't at Red selling more in 2 months than Born This Way has in 2 years :cry: :toofunny:

MarryTheKnight

Taylor Swift :sick:

Can't at Red selling more in 2 months than Born This Way has in 2 years :cry:

"album of the decade"

Americano

Can you all stop discrediting Born This Way?

These are US sales.

RED won't outsell Born This Way in global totals. So quick to shade your fave without even having the facts straight.

Archived