new video

Lorde - Fallen Fruit

alsemanche

Featured Posts

nightadieu
1 minute ago, MelbHawker said:

Gorgeous video for the best song on Solar Power 

:classy:

Bestie, I’m afraid you forgot about Secrets From A Girl and Hold No Grudge :wub:

Dr Fudge
4 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

2 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

Bestie, I’m afraid you forgot about Secrets From A Girl and Hold No Grudge :wub:

‘Scuse me, The Path has entered the conversation :bon:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Ororo Munroe
5 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

but she released video for Solar Power a long ago tho... :oprah:

MonsterPaws
9 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

‘Scuse me, The Path has entered the conversation :bon:

I'm waiting for a Stoned at the Nail Salon MV :trollga:

But really I'm glad to read positive comments about Solar Power. It's not a strong record (in my personal opinion so dont come for me y'all) but I like it.

And I'm sad to see people dragging the album on social media.

Dr Fudge
5 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

I'm waiting for a Stoned at the Nail Salon MV :trollga:

But really I'm glad to read positive comments about Solar Power. It's not a strong record (in my personal opinion so dont come for me y'all) but I like it.

And I'm sad to see people dragging the album on social media.

You know how people are
they try to drag artists for no good reason besides boredom. It’s not her best, but damn she still had some great tracks. Can’t we focus on what we like rather than always on the negative? 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Pharamon
29 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

I love to see this as the very first comment, taste and truth PERIOD

This MV is soooooooooo good! I was so excited for her to make a video for Fallen Fruit and she delivered! I am beyond happy <3  

Sneaky Oliver

I was ready for the impact but it never came :messga: the song itself is mysterious enough, why is she leaving the beach in that car? I guess the next MV is going to be like a sequel?

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Pandauralife
3 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

You misspelled Helen of Troy

TheDemonIClingTo
Just now, Pandauralife said:

You misspelled Helen of Troy

It was Helen of Sparta all along. Don't trust the Hollywood flick

spector

well, the juxtaposition in the editing is quite telling. she's taking the two elements of the title and is, literally, spacing them out in a parallel manner: the fallen, the fruit—hell, heaven—fame, solitude—fire, rain, etc. thematically, it's very close to california, i feel: the speaker's identity is split between hollywood and privacy, dreams "far too big" and becoming one of "the golden ones" via "the halls of splendor," versus leaving the fire (the fake sun, if you will) and "disappear[ing] in the cover of the rain." the ultimate question is: how can the speaker retain their artistic/creative value if making their fruit available is also, at some level, gifting it away, letting it fall (from above, off the tree of talent, to the masses), betraying it? it being artistic integrity, the value of talent, etc. the closing line intimates that the speaker doesn't want to choose—but lorde already did. 

although the theme is clichéd, it do appreciate that she presents it via subtle poetry. solar power is one of my fave records released this year. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

spector
17 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I was ready for the impact but it never came :messga: the song itself is mysterious enough, why is she leaving the beach in that car? I guess the next MV is going to be like a sequel?

see my lil analysis above. but to directly answer your question: i think she's disappearing, taking cover, getting off—lorde as the melodramatic pop superstar is no more. the sun (i.e., california, hollywood, the fame monster) took her. :classy:

stella + elliot = stelliot

Archived