💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"Why Lil Nas X is the New King of Pop" - WSJ. Magazine

COOOK

Featured Posts

:neyde: i cant at all of you automatically thinking nas does hip hop/rap just because he's black

He's been experimenting lot of genres and yup he does rap on some songs but i definitely see him as a pop act, just take a listen to his ep and montero and you'll get it right

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blastertoyo

Bragging about wanting to wait until he features on someone else’s song to make it “a moment” and yet everyone he featured is a bigger star than him 

:huntyga:
Miley, Billy Ray, Doja, Megan, Jack, Elton, Kanye 

even Nicki 

All helped sell his album, not the other way around :huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

Pop music is a broad spectrum. Here's an interview with TTC below for some of y'all who don't get it. Is Nas an Icon? Not yet, but it's still very much popular music.

“When I hear that, I think ‘why can’t we just be in pop?’ Half of me feels like the rap nomination was a backhanded compliment,” Tyler said. “Like, oh, my little cousin wants to play the game, let’s give him the unplugged controller so he can shut up and feel good about it. That’s what it felt like a bit.” - Tyler, The Creator

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/tyler-the-creator-rap-grammy-backhanded-compliment-943568/

GAMS, gay popstar

Blastertoyo
4 hours ago, Bolkins said:

Maybe more of an Earl or a duke at this point 

Lord Nas X

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

an important impact on pop music? yes

the king of pop? lets see how things are in 10 years

mother, what must i do?

PussOfYonce
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

an important impact on pop music? yes

the king of pop? lets see how things are in 10 years

not even lmao, i doubt ANY male artist will ever be able to surpass michael jackson.

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

PartySick
2 hours ago, COOOK said:

Not when *gestures generally at MJ's career* exists :partysick:

I definitely love Nas though :giveup:

Let me go watch his Montero performance again just for the Remember the Time breakdown :giveup:

💚

PartySick
1 hour ago, PussOfYonce said:

not even lmao, i doubt ANY male artist will ever be able to surpass michael jackson.

Michael defined pop music :whitney:

You can't surpass the man who built the castle he's king of :whitney:

Nas can definitely be a hot prince though :heat: well he could...if he did pop music :laughga:

💚

Chromatography
7 hours ago, TEANUS said:

He’s certainly a King, but not the King of POP MUSIC

The Weeknd had two pop smash hits from his last album and just did the Super Bowl last year, and another 80s inspired synth-pop album like After Hours is on the way. Not to mention he’s setting a standard for immersive eras again, the storyline of After Hours continued for a year and a half and the era is still going to continue within and alongside The Dawn era 

Call Me By Your Name was pop-ish but that’s the closest Nas has come so far :ohwell:

I’d call him the King of Rap rn, the first major Gay Black rap artist 

tyler the creator existed first.

He's talented but far from reaching that title. Only Madonna and Elvis are compared or even above MJ. The rest is history. :partysick:

Archived