tech

Twitter Will Add Customization Feature For Paying Members

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Twitter has been testing several new features for its mobile app recently, and users are about to get even more new things. The company is now working on an option to customize the navigation bar of the Twitter app on iOS and possibly Android as well.

As revealed by app researcher Alessandro Paluzzi, who is known for sharing hidden features on Twitter and other social networks, a new option found in the Twitter app will let users change the tabs in the navigation bar.

The app’s navigation bar shows Home, Search, Notifications, and Messages icons by default. However, with new features such as Spaces and Communities, Twitter’s navigation bar has been getting a bit bloated. With this change, which is still under development, each person will be able to choose the most useful shortcuts to add there.

Unfortunately, the new customization option is not expected to be available to all users. Based on his findings, the app researcher believes that Twitter will restrict the new feature to Twitter Bluesubscribers – which costs $2.99 per month and unlocks additional features in the Twitter app.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/10/26/twitter-will-soon-let-you-customize-the-apps-navigation-bar/

This is cool, but they need to do so much more to entice me to get on that Twitter Blue thing 💅💅💅

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝔹𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀𝕟 𝕋𝕠𝕥𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝 𝕆𝕗 ℍ𝕚𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1
Melancholia

let me change the colours of my twitter app, add more profile customization and an edit tweet button and i'll consider paying for twitter blue.

really feels like the bare minimum at the moment.

• Like 2
Chromatography

didn’t realize twitter had a paid option but it was only a matter of time ig. 

• Like 1
Helxig

Tired Britney Spears GIF

Who gives a f? 

I guess as long as Twitter is able to keep all the rats of the internet gathered together, away from the social media sites I actually enjoy, then good for them!  I'm happy

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 3
Zedd

Without profile customization, app color change, icon change and edit button it feels like they're giving "go girl, give us nothing" energy

• Like 1
Dennis
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Tired Britney Spears GIF

from the social media sites I actually enjoy, then good for them!  I'm happy

and what would those be? Grindr? 

• LMAO 2
Sneaky Oliver

Am I crazy or Twitter used to have background themes and custom colors options back then? I have just unblocked this memory but I don’t even know if it’s true 

I subscribe to unconventional punishments
  • Like 1
alsemanche
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Am I crazy or Twitter used to have background themes and custom colors options back then? I have just unblocked this memory but I don’t even know if it’s true 

yeah you could change your theme colors. you still can change the background color now (there are like 5 options to choose from or smth) and decide if you want it to be default (white/not dark mode basically), dim, or lights out.

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
RAMROD
58 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

51 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

yeah you could change your theme colors. you still can change the background color now (there are like 5 options to choose from or smth) and decide if you want it to be default (white/not dark mode basically), dim, or lights out.

We used to be able to upload wallpaper like this

d5feqki-5e76f149-2806-4c3f-b44f-244d54e2

And GIF avatar too, some still keeping their GIF avi to these days, annditbis still moves, cos they got lucky to be able to change it before the new layput take effect.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝔹𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀𝕟 𝕋𝕠𝕥𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝 𝕆𝕗 ℍ𝕚𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Chuckles
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

And GIF avatar too, some still keeping their GIF avi to these days, annditbis still moves, cos they got lucky to be able to change it before the new layput take effect.

Oh I remember this, twitter used to be so simple way back

• Like 1
Immortal
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

I miss this kind of customization. even YouTube allowed to put personalized themes + background wallpapers :giveup:

• Like 2
Helxig
5 hours ago, Dennis said:

and what would those be? Grindr? 

I don't use that anymore either :laughga: 

G*ga Da*ly  and T*mblr are the only 'social media' I really use these days

Sometimes Insta. Never Facebook or Twitter because they're both trash and I hate them. And Tik Tok is just a data mining toxic ass place that only promotes attractive people, although some amazing video come from it, but I see the best of them elsewhere

Actually... Twitter is good for other things... :laughga: 

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1