💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J Balvin apologizes for “Perra” video

Teletubby

Featured Posts

LeJudas
On 10/24/2021 at 6:46 PM, Andrea Nicole said:

You think non binary people are BS?:triggered: most hispanic people dont use latine bc they don't care about non binary people or they're not educated. 

I use all the terms tbh but I use latine when I'm with my friends bc some are nb and use the pronoun elle, its about respect

You're right thank u for educating me a bit 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterPug
16 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

how do you guys even pronounce latinx? latinix? with an ''i''?:bradley: I use latine bc it makes sense and all my friends use it(we live in México)

Some students do pronounce it like LatinX and some use chicanX but most of them just say Latino or Latina. I had a discussion today in my Spanish class about using “e”at the end. I didn’t know that. So some students use maestre instead of maestro or maestra. 

Andrea B
5 hours ago, LeJudas said:

I didn't say that NB people are bs :triggered: 

"My nB fRiEnDs" 🤪 I have NB friends too, ur point is?

well thats how a lot of NB people talk and we must respect that and not call that form of language BS, saying that inclusive language is BS is not respectful just like the way you're talking to me. 

if you don't like the way we talk and write thats fine I guess... but don't call it BS, thats not respectful. and don't use ur NB friends to excuse your shitty attitude towards NB people way of communicating. 

imagine saying you have black friends or a gay friends when you're being racist or homophobic lol 

Andrea B
5 hours ago, MonsterPug said:

Some students do pronounce it like LatinX and some use chicanX but most of them just say Latino or Latina. I had a discussion today in my Spanish class about using “e”at the end. I didn’t know that. So some students use maestre instead of maestro or maestra. 

yeah the ''e'' is very common in the LGBTQ+ community here in México, but we use the ''x'' a lot online. for example; Instead of writing ''todos'' we write ''todxs'' bc it includes everyone

but we don't really use latinx or chicanox since theres no need here lol 

Meruk Holland
8 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

TBH this first explanation of this that makes sense. Thank You. 

Though I prefer they just said Latins rather than making up an entire new word. 

From what I understand - linguistics isn't my area of expertise - it formed in this weird cross-section of trying to be respectful of the culture's own demonym while applying the rules of the new word's culture, because it was shortly after the word "Oriental" began to fall out of use in the same area, due awareness of its insensitivity/racism. And I seem to recall at the same time, there was a feminist movement that included crossing out the "-o" with an "-x" at any written mention of the word "Latino." Which, possibly it was meant to be read as "Latin" but it appeared to many as "Latinx."

On 10/25/2021 at 2:21 AM, Andrea Nicole said:

how do you guys even pronounce latinx? latinix? with an ''i''?:bradley: I use latine bc it makes sense and all my friends use it(we live in México)

Just imagine saying LatinO (where o is clearly pronounced as a letter), but say X instead.

It’s super easy to pronounce.

Chuckles

Not people not knowing the difference between ethnicity and race in the first page... J Balvin is a white Latino/Hispanic.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:35 AM, Teletubby said:

"I want to say sorry to whomever felt offended, especially to the Black community,"

but isnt it obvious? I don't get it. You thought they wouldn't be offended? This has to stop with offending black people all the damn time. They are seriously always disrespected by everyone, in the media or real life, enough. Give it a rest people. Geeeeeeez

I am so open about everything but these lyrics, really? In 2021? And I didn't even see the MV. It's so degradating, I don't even know how this sh*it can be so popular. Nice values for the next generations :saladga:

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

From what I understand - linguistics isn't my area of expertise - it formed in this weird cross-section of trying to be respectful of the culture's own demonym while applying the rules of the new word's culture, because it was shortly after the word "Oriental" began to fall out of use in the same area, due awareness of its insensitivity/racism. And I seem to recall at the same time, there was a feminist movement that included crossing out the "-o" with an "-x" at any written mention of the word "Latino." Which, possibly it was meant to be read as "Latin" but it appeared to many as "Latinx."

Latino in itself was a condescending way of calling latins born in the US. It should be something like Latin North American. Just like African American or Italian American. 

We don't call Italian Americans, Italianos in English. It's derogatory. 

Either way it doesn't much matter right now as the Latino term has been accepted by the Latino community.

But there is a difference between Latin and Latino in  the English language and that is that Latinos are born the US. So they have experienced the xenophobia that goes with that term. 

J Balvin was born and raised in Colombia as a white guy. He isn't even Latino, the English version of the word. 

That's why I don't mind the use of Latinx the way you described it. It's actually just the way the English speakers describe the Latin community who are born in the US instead of using a phrase born in condescension while also losing the gender that is adhered to the Spanish version of the word.  Am I getting it right or wrong. Correct me. :ladyhaha: it's all starting to make a little sense to me but I'm not sure if I am heading in the right direction.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Meruk Holland
3 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Latino in itself was a condescending way of calling latins born in the US. It should be something like Latin North American. Just like African American or Italian American. 

We don't call Italian Americans, Italianos in English. It's derogatory. 

Either way it doesn't much matter right now as the Latino term has been accepted by the Latino community.

But there is a difference between Latin and Latino in  the English language and that is that Latinos are born the US. So they have experienced the xenophobia that goes with that term. 

J Balvin was born and raised in Colombia as a white guy. He isn't even Latino, the English version of the word. 

There is also the issue that saying Latin (North) American sounds too clinical and politically correct, much like saying African American instead of black.

The other theory I've heard is that, to many, Latin is the word to describe in the culture, like Latin food or Latin culture, and therefore there needed to be a specific demonym - that being Latino/Latina/Latinx/etc. I personally don't buy this explanation, because we have no problem calling people European or Asian.

17 hours ago, Not Chrissy Teigen said:

none of them are caucasian. u're trying to educate someone while making the same mistake 

They are all Caucasian- as in peoole who originated from the Caucus region. However, over time, european/Georgian/Persian/Indian peoole have taken On different characteristics due to environmental reasons and genetic admixture.

LeJudas
12 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

well thats how a lot of NB people talk and we must respect that and not call that form of language BS, saying that inclusive language is BS is not respectful just like the way you're talking to me. 

if you don't like the way we talk and write thats fine I guess... but don't call it BS, thats not respectful. and don't use ur NB friends to excuse your shitty attitude towards NB people way of communicating. 

imagine saying you have black friends or a gay friends when you're being racist or homophobic lol 

Ok sorry for my words

I'll think about that next time I try to make a point. I wasn't trying to be offensive to you or anybody else I was just trying to explain how either way we're both right & one isn't necessarily better or worse but that I'm all for being inclusive for our community without damaging anyone's feelings or expression  

Also apologize for the way that I responded to you my bad sib:cyanlights:

LeJudas
11 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

yeah the ''e'' is very common in the LGBTQ+ community here in México, but we use the ''x'' a lot online. for example; Instead of writing ''todos'' we write ''todxs'' bc it includes everyone

but we don't really use latinx or chicanox since theres no need here lol 

So you're actually from Mexico ? That would be nice to know you have firsthand experience/knowledge & it would have been easier to know to avoid any argument in the future  :yennefer: carry on bestie my bad 

X

Not Chrissy Teigen
7 hours ago, NCgaga said:

They are all Caucasian- as in peoole who originated from the Caucus region. However, over time, european/Georgian/Persian/Indian peoole have taken On different characteristics due to environmental reasons and genetic admixture.

things u talking about are extremly outdated and even racist. once again caucasian =/= white 

Archived