Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J Balvin apologizes for “Perra” video

Teletubby

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Debithius said:

I guess I got it wrong with the race stuff but that's not what a traditionally Germanic plain white dude looks like. Isn't that what americans refers to as white people?

In the case Mediterranean Italians like Sofia Loren isn't white.

That isn't the case. She is white like J Balvin and Sophia Vergara.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debithius
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

In the case Mediterranean Italians like Sofia Loren isn't white.

That isn't the case. She is white like J Balvin and Sophia Vergara.

So I guess y'all call everyone with light skin white, got it.

But wasn't J Balvin also the one who critized Daddy Yankee for being too white to represent him? 

HEARTSTOP
1 minute ago, Debithius said:

I guess I got it wrong with the race stuff but that's not what a traditionally Germanic plain white dude looks like. Isn't that what americans refers to as white people?

It's ok, we all can learn. Americans really do have a lot to evolve when it comes to race issues, and defining people in these super strict boxes is one of them.

When you refer to a traditionally Germanic white person, you are kinda invalidating the black people who are born in that part of Europe for example, and have to deal with racism all their lives for not being considered "locals". Sure, they're not the "norm" but they are at least a couple million.

If you refer to simply white/caucasian, then we know you're referring to people with those physical traits (fair skin, etc).

IDGAF

JusKeepBreathin
7 minutes ago, Debithius said:

I guess I got it wrong with the race stuff but that's not what a traditionally Germanic plain white dude looks like. Isn't that what americans refer to as white people?

EF_syYcWwAASOEC.jpg:large

Throw a spray tan and more tats on this upper middle class white dude and all the sudden he is the king of urban music and it's ok for him to walk black people around on leashes wearing dog masks. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Debithius
7 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

It's ok, we all can learn. Americans really do have a lot to evolve when it comes to race issues, and defining people in these super strict boxes is one of them.

When you refer to a traditionally Germanic white person, you are kinda invalidating the black people who are born in that part of Europe for example, and have to deal with racism all their lives for not being considered "locals". Sure, they're not the "norm" but they are at least a couple million.

If you refer to simply white/caucasian, then we know you're referring to people with those physical traits (fair skin, etc).

But ethnically germanic people have fair skin, light eyes and light hair etc and that's the majority of people who live in those countries. We are talking above 80%. People of another race born in those countries aren't Germanic?

I hope I am following this convo.

JusKeepBreathin
14 minutes ago, Debithius said:

So I guess y'all call everyone with light skin white, got it.

But wasn't J Balvin also the one who critized Daddy Yankee for being too white to represent him? 

Padre+de+DY.jpg

Then those tanning beds are frying his brain. Here is Daddy Yankee's blatino dad.

HEARTSTOP
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

But ethnically germanic people have fair skin, light eyes and light hair etc and that's the majority of people who live in those countries. We are talking about above 80%. People of another race born in those countries aren't Germanic?

I hope I am following this convo.

Germanic refers to the cultural side of things for that region (ethnicity), so anyone born there is Germanic, no matter the "race".

See https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-worldhistory/chapter/the-germanic-tribes/ for the history of the Germanic ethnicity, which doesn't refer to any physical phenotypes.

You may also see https://www.verywellmind.com/difference-between-race-and-ethnicity-5074205 to learn on the difference between ethnicity and "race".

Spoiler

Also I use "race" and not race because I have a biology background and don't really agree with the word race to describe human phenotypical differences.

IDGAF

Who even thought this was a good idea to continue  and finalize with that concept?? Like why did it take to be called out on it, to realize oh maybe this WASNT it? So sad. 

Debithius
10 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Germanic refers to the cultural side of things for that region (ethnicity), so anyone born there is Germanic, no matter the "race".

See https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-worldhistory/chapter/the-germanic-tribes/ for the history of the Germanic ethnicity, which doesn't refer to any physical phenotypes.

You may also see https://www.verywellmind.com/difference-between-race-and-ethnicity-5074205 to learn on the difference between ethnicity and "race".

Hide contents

Also I use "race" and not race because I have a biology background and don't really agree with the word race to describe human phenotypical differences.

Ethnicity is more than just culture however. It has a lot to do with the group's origin. So, Germanic, Slavic, Uralic, Celtic or Latin Roman, while these are not "races" it still has to do with the history and origin of these groups. Black people or Asians for example didn't originate from these places.

La Rosalia
9 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

He didn’t even have the guts to post it on his main feed and only a story 

And a badly read one nnn

Balvin is truly one of the worst persons in the indutry. Too bad we share the same nacionality, the guy has been steadily showing everybody, the tr**h can he can be. 

BlingNotTheMusic

Y'all we are not gonna solve racism in a GGD thread. Chilllllllll You can keep typing but it will go nowhere I assure you :bear:

OP: I can't believe everyone was on board with this video :what: I didn't see it but damn

Archived