science

Dinosaurs did thrive until the moment asteroid hit, acc. to site excavators

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

WzK8jEUavwZwYTY4yTCfAH.jpg

When a massive asteroid struck Earth some 66 million years ago, were dinosaurs around to experience the cataclysm? Two years ago, a paleontologist claimed to have found evidence at a fossil-rich North Dakotan site called Tanis that dinosaurs were alive until moments after the impact, when floodwaters surged over them.

But many paleontologists were skeptical, especially because the dinosaur data were first discussed in a magazine story rather than a peer-reviewed journal.

Last week, at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America (GSA) in Portland, Oregon, paleontologist Robert DePalma and colleagues added detail to their claims. They presented evidence of fossils from Tanis—including stunningly well-preserved bones, skin, and footprints from what’s probably a Triceratops—that suggest dinosaurs were indeed witnesses to the asteroid that ushered them out of existence.

Philippe Lambert, astrogeologist at the Center for International Research & Restitution on Impacts and on Rochechouart, says what he’s heard so far is “certainly quite impressive.”

_20211020_on_dinolastday.jpg

Source - https://www.science.org/content/article/dinosaurs-thrived-until-moment-asteroid-hit-excavators-controversial-site-claim?

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
WheresMy911Alice

Aw I feel so bad imagining the dinos seeing their world end and flood and they are freaking out :messga: I just wanna hold them and tell them it'll be ok :bear:

Edited by WheresMy911Alice
  • Like 7
  • Love 7
27monster27
22 minutes ago, bionic said:

Why hasn't something like that happened again?

It's predicted that impacts of this scale only happen once every ~100,000,000 years.

Edited by 27monster27
he/him/his
  • Like 2
  • Shook 2
bionic
25 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

It's predicted that impacts of this scale only happen once every ~100,000,000 years.

Can we speed it up :neyde: 

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 8
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 3
leonjay

God was bored of seeing the dinosaurs live so long so he sent the meteor down to have a fresh start aka human era

• LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1
TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, leonjay said:

God was bored of seeing the dinosaurs live so long so he sent the meteor down to have a fresh start aka human era

I would love to know what religion dinosaurs practiced...did the fossil records show any of that?

Nooo???

Hmmm...strange how dieties and religion only came once humans came on the scene...not even other primates show signs of worshiping anything...

It's almost like it's a result of human culture and society! 

:ladyhaha:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
leonjay
1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

I would love to know what religion dinosaurs practiced...did the fossil records show any of that?

Nooo???

Hmmm...strange how dieties and religion only came once humans came on the scene...not even other primates show signs of worshiping anything...

It's almost like it's a result of human culture and society! 

:ladyhaha:

this will explain everything.

TimisaMonster
4 minutes ago, leonjay said:

this will explain everything.

What did this explain? :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
  • LMAO 1
TheDemonIClingTo
10 minutes ago, leonjay said:

And what a fresh start that was :triggered:

• LMAO 1
Plastic Flower
22 minutes ago, leonjay said:

So he chose violence instead :bear:

Cersei Lannister
32 minutes ago, leonjay said:

And the era is a flop :vegas: 

He should go back to his roots 

More wine 🍷
HEARTSTOP
1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Aw I feel so bad imagining the dinos seeing their world end and flood and they are freaking out :messga: I just wanna hold them and tell them it'll be ok :bear:

But it will *NOT* be okay :bear::messga::ladyhaha:

IDGAF
  • Sad 1