Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify, Amazon Music, & Pandora Proposes Even Lower Royalty Rates

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Spotify, Amazon and Pandora are proposing lower rates for publishers and songwriters for the period spanning 2023–2027 than any year since 2018.

On Thursday (Oct 21), the CRB posted the digital music services' rate proposals for the term, also known as Phonorecords IV, and those streamers are recommending lower rates, mathematically speaking, than any of the yearly figures set by the CRB Phonorecords III determination that covers 2018–2022. That rate is, however, currently under an Appeals Court remand and it's unclear if its previous determination will stand.

Spotify, Pandora and Amazon are harkening back to the Phonorecords I and II rate determinations that covered 2008–2012 and 2013–2017, respectively, and generally using those rates as guidelines in their new proposals. As for Apple Music, it is essentially proposing whatever rates the CRB judges decide in the remand process for Phonorecords III, and basically the same rate formula from that determination but with fewer wrinkles.

The National Music Publishers Association (NMPA) is already on record condemning the digital services for its rate proposals, which it claims will lower the percentage of streaming revenue paid to songwriters and publishers if enacted.

Full article:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/publishing/9648922/spotify-apple-amazon-streaming-royalty-rates-crb/

https://consequence.net/2021/10/spotify-amazon-pandora-apple-streaming-royalty-rates/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

bionic

Greedy companies doing greedy things to please greedy people

Right in front of my salad? I am shook

buy bionic

TEANUS

Taylor Swift is prepping her legal counsel as we speak 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

RAMROD
Just now, TEANUS said:

Taylor Swift is prepping her legal counsel as we speak 

Let's hope she does :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gaga Lazuli

I wonder if artists/labels, can remove their music from those platforms. Artists are what keeps those platforms alive yet they get practically nothing. 

Little Monsters Torture Me

LaLuna

This is why I prefer to buy music instead of streaming it whenever possible. Artists are getting screwed over by streaming services.

Archived