Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Madame X is... unappreciated

COOOK

Featured Posts

klein-dance-3.jpg madaxe_x_universal-1-491x600.jpg klein-dance-1.jpg

Yes, following the "Madame X is a..." theme, this album needs more appreciation.
I'm not a Madonna fan, but this is the only album that I see myself willingly getting into.

Medellin is gorgeous-

God Control is really good-

and although Dark Ballet feels undercooked- its sample was a genius idea, but the execution, not so much- it's still good.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MadreMonster

I listen to it but I can’t get over the auto tune whether it’s an “artistic” choice or not.

elijahfan

I think it was Madonna back in the right direction, for sure. Was it a memorable album? I don't think so. But she did her thing, and the tour was pretty great.

Suspiria

It was a great return to form after the previous few albums. Some of the songs are definitely bad but it's a pretty cohesive sounding album with great visuals and a generally more mature feel. I also just love how passionate she still is about her projects even on her 14th album.

Madame X is a…mess. Madonna’s albums in general have always been too overproduced for my liking. Rebel Heart’s demos were *chef kisses* but the final album was overdone. Madame Ex suffered overproduction in all the wrong places (vocals) and had some very questionable formats when it came to music layout.

Religion is a product to sell.

Anderson123

I love this album but can understand why a lot of people and even fans don't like it, it's a really weird album to get into whether it's your first Madonna album or you've been listening to her for years. Even more than American Life.

One of the things I liked about it was the freedom she got to make the songs and music videos she wanted, even for songs that were not single material but more for the art of the album like Dark Ballet and Batuka. I wish people would've giveb this another chance but then again it's not that friendly to listen to. Songs like I Rise, Crave, I Don't Search and maybe Future would've been nice to push more.

MadreMonster
Just now, Grigio Guy said:

Madame X is a…mess. Madonna’s albums in general have always been too overproduced for my liking. Rebel Heart’s demos were *chef kisses* but the final album was overdone. Madame Ex suffered overproduction in all the wrong places (vocals) and had some very questionable formats when it came to music layout.

Yes, I tried watching the tour on Paramount+ but felt nauseas with all the cutting and over editing.

I get she wants it to be perfect but she needs to lean in on some of the imperfections.

Flawless

I agree. It's her artistic redemption after "MDNA", "Hard Candy" & "Rebel Heart"

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Anderson123
1 minute ago, MadreMonster said:

Yes, I tried watching the tour on Paramount+ but felt nauseas with all the cutting and over editing.

I get she wants it to be perfect but she needs to lean in on some of the imperfections.

Lol I was just thinking about this. I've been waiting for the Paramount+ concert to come out and the day it did I started watching it but the whole intro with Madonna typing felt SO DAMN LONG I just paused it and watched something else. I haven't been in the mood to really sit and pay attention to it.

Bonkers

Now that it has this post it is no longer under rated because you have 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

RAMROD

Well, it is not an album that would get that high praises. To call it experimental is also too far fetched. And Madonna herself is visibly nowhere and nobody to the Zoomers, the main market for anything right now. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

salty like sodium

Madonna breaks my heart with this autotune. It makes the music really hard to enjoy when the rest of the production is always so spot on and gorgeous.

Glamourpuss

Hated it when it came out. I thought what the hell has happened to Madonna. :saladga: I only liked God Control. I actually think that's one of her best songs since the Confessions album. 

Anyway, fast forward to this year and I really like Madame X and have streamed it a few times. There are some songs I can't get into like Dark Ballet. But I can appreciate the style she was going for when she made the album and I admire her for taking a risk with it instead of following another trend. 

Archived