💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga signs NYTimes Gun-Control Petition

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Lady Gaga against gun crime: Celebrities petition for new arms laws in wake of Sandy Hook massacre

Lady-Gaga-speaks-at-a-ral-006.jpg

More than 100 public figures from Arianna Huffington to Lady Gaga have put their signatures to a full page-advert in the New York Times demanding change to America’s gun laws in the wake of last week’s shooting at a Connecticut school.

It states: “The time has come for courage. The Courage to make our schools and workplaces, our shopping malls and movie theatres -- all the places we share every day -- safe from gun violence. The courage to stand up to the NRA -- to put human life ahead of extreme ideology. The courage to ban weapons of mass murder that at anytime, anywhere, can turn America into a killing field."

Continuing: "We cannot let the latest massacre fade into memory -- another horrible headline followed by indifference and inaction," the ad continues. "We must speak for those whose voices will never be heard again. e must speak truth to those in power -- and insist that now is the time to do what is right instead of pandering before merchants of death."

Signatories included Martha Stewart, MC Hammer and Goldie Hawn in support of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns’ Deman a Plan campaign being spearheaded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

The piece sites figures from ABC news claiming that among the world’s 23 wealthiest nations 80 per cent of all gun deaths are American deaths and 87 per cent of all kids killed by guns are American kids.â€

The nation is mourning the deaths of 20 six and seven-year-olds and six women who were killed when gunman Adam Lanza burst into Sandy Hook Elementary school last Friday.

The advert’s sentiments echo those of the American government. President Obama, who attended an inter-faith vigil in Newtown at the weekend, said that “if there is even one thing that we can do to prevent any of these events, we have a deep obligation, all of us, to tryâ€.

Vice-President Joe Biden will head a group of Obama cabinet members and others from beyond the administration in coming up with the formulate new proposals to reduce gun violence in America.

o-CELEBRITIES-GUN-CONTROL-570.jpg

http://www.independe...re-8427278.html

Also, make sure to tweet "#CelebOfTheYear @ladygaga" to vote in E! News' end-of-year poll today!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amen Fashion

I really think the laws should be changed quickly and drastically. Some might say that guns aren't the problem, but in fact they are taking the risk that bad things happen to another level.

J e s s e

Why do americans feel the need to have guns at their home? Is it a cultural thing? The killing desire?

I think it's to have protection if someone breaks into their house?

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

-This is tyranny. our government is committing tyranny

-Obama plans to use executive order to go through with this rather than going through congress. This isn't even the first time he has done this (he also started a WAR via executive order. But that's OK because he's black and hip and trendy, right)?

-Mass murders have not gone up or down in America, but in the UK after banning guns, violence has RISEN

-Taking away the guns will cause CIVIL WAR. You must know that. Our government knows that.

-Obama's fake tears for the children was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my life

-The TV showing the children's pictures every day in between gun control propaganda is also very sickening

Why do americans feel the need to have guns at their home? Is it a cultural thing? The killing desire?

That's the only thing keeping the government in check: the constitution and our weapons. "Killing desire" has nothing to do with it. It's called protecting your family

I think it's to have protection if someone breaks into their house?

But in Europe are guns illegal. Why can't America follow?

Tommymonster44

I disagree with her on this issue. The problem isn't the guns, it's the people that shoot them. There aren't many options for people who are mentally handicapped. That's what the issue is.

Archived