Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?


Featured Posts

AnnaNicoleSmith
1 minute ago, Cello said:

Baby One More Time and Toxic perhaps? 

Oh yeah baby one more time, redefined the sound of the late 90s, catalyzed the career of Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson or Xtina huge cultural reset

Al Pacino's Wife
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dojo

    104

  • salty like sodium

    37

  • Blastertoyo

    29

  • Cello

    27

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as excellent as it is, drivers license had NO cultural impact, only had like a massive surge of popularity. also Adison Rae 

I would also credit Cher's Believe with popularising autotune in an artistic way 

Billie Jean, the beginning of Black artists getting proper rotation of their music videos on MTV. MJ broke that barrier

Just now, KanyeWest said:

Oh yeah baby one more time, redefined the sound of the late 90s, catalyzed the career of Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson or Xtina huge cultural reset

yeah that's another enigma because i was actually reading about it she didn't introduce that sound, it was actually boy bands the ones that did it, after a punk infested decade

please correct my english, xx
Link to post
Share on other sites
AnnaNicoleSmith

Of course Poker face by Gaga, redefined the sound of the 10's, huge cultural reset. Not addison rae girl, and I think driver's license could be defined as cultural reset if it had an impact on the music busienss. To me she's playing with some old school 00s kinda high school american movie rock music blended with pop, but i don't see any artists influenced by that sound, or the success of her song didn't really impacted the industry in a way where different artists emerge to try to replicate the sound because they see the bucks it can make you. That's the opposite of Poker face for example or Just dance, it created a new trend for a decade, and Gaga's influecne goes even beyond because she influenced the wardrobes of many popstars and even women rappers

Edited by KanyeWest
Al Pacino's Wife
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
AnnaNicoleSmith
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

yeah that's another enigma because i was actually reading about it she didn't introduce that sound, it was actually boy bands the ones that did it, after a punk infested decade

Yes the sound was mostly so typical of boy bands, wasn't hugely popular for females back then.

Al Pacino's Wife
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Yes the sound was mostly so typical of boy bands, wasn't hugely popular for females back then.

but wich boy band? there were so many!

please correct my english, xx
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think both Dua and The Weeknd are equally responsible for the 80s trend seeing as they released so close to one another (as far as I'm aware) and both had success with it 

she/her
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

also wich artist, band broke the pop barrier in the early 2000s and introduced a more rnb- hip hop urban sound? Was it Pharrell? Because that's what made Crazy In Love a smash!

please correct my english, xx
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cello said:

I think both Dua and The Weeknd are equally responsible for the 80s trend seeing as they released so close to one another (as far as I'm aware) and both had success with it 

I think Blinding Lights was more responsible so i will add that one.

BTW please lets not focus only in the last two decades! let's bring that music knowledge please, 70s, 40s, 20s

Edited by dojo
please correct my english, xx
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This might not be a popular opinion here but Kanye completely changed the hip hop game in early 00s in terms of his slower style of rapping (when fast rapping was v popular) and his unique way of sampling. Any big single from his first 2 albums e.g. Gold Digger, Touch The Sky, Through The Wire, All Falls Down

she/her
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cello said:

This might not be a popular opinion here but Kanye completely changed the hip hop game in early 00s in terms of his slower style of rapping (when fast rapping was v popular) and his unique way of sampling. Any big single from his first 2 albums e.g. Gold Digger, Touch The Sky, Through The Wire, All Falls Down

i'm actually struggling with that, was it pharrell? kanye? jay z? all of them? for the early 00s massive hip hop reintroduction after the bubblegum pop bomb

please correct my english, xx
Link to post
Share on other sites
salty like sodium

I think one of Billie Eilish's songs could go there, she did have an impact on music and Olivia Rodrigo is definitely like an offshoot of that. Probably Crazy in Love by Beyoncé, Vision of Love by Mariah Carey, and a Whitney number (maybe I will always love you, maybe a different one). My Heart Will Go On by Céline, possibly? And DEFINITELY Madonna's Debut single and Thriller by MJ. Also not sure about this but could Anaconda by Nicki Minaj be considered a cultural reset? 

Edited by salty like sodium
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...