Jump to content
music news

Stockholm's Avicii Arena To Host Its 1st Avicii-Related Performance


Featured Posts

Teletubby

5 months after Stockholm's Ericsson Globe was officially renamed the Avicii Arena, the venue has announced its first Avicii-related programming.

On Dec. 1, the 15,000-person space will host the debut For A Better Day concert, featuring performances from largely Swedish acts including dance duo Galantis, pop artist Håkan Hellström, singer/songwriter Miriam Bryant and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, along with, organizers says, "tributes to Avicii's musical heritage as well as collaborations and surprise guests."

This performance is intended to bring attention to mental health among young people and will be the first of what's planned to be an annual event. The name comes from the Tim Bergling Foundation's work with the For A Better Day, for which young people shared their thoughts on what they need to secure a better future.
source

  • Love 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, lavender blonde said:

His death never sat right with me...

wdym? like the way he died? yeah… it’s literal nightmare fuel

Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, lavender blonde said:

His death never sat right with me...

Agree. He went through some of the worst pain a human can endure from illness and to be honest, I would do the same. I couldn’t live dealing with all that :/ 

 

im one of those people like if I’m terminal or something I would go out on my own terms tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
lavender blonde
23 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

wdym? like the way he died? yeah… it’s literal nightmare fuel

Yeah, the way he died and circumstances. He's been through a lot, but before his death he was doing better or at least that's what his family and friends said. He was in long happy relationship and was "stepdad" for his girlfriend's son. He was sober, fighting an addiction. I'm sure he had reasons not to lose hope. And killing himself during holidays in his friend's house with broken glass??? It never sat right with me. Why there? Why then? Why he chose that way to take his life? I find it very weird and concerning. I always had a feeling that maybe it was just an accident. Maybe they did drugs there and it happened under an influence? And since he was on holidays with members of Oman's royal family, it was all set up and they said he killed himself? I don't know. There is something not right about this case...

Link to post
Share on other sites
lavender blonde
22 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Agree. He went through some of the worst pain a human can endure from illness and to be honest, I would do the same. I couldn’t live dealing with all that :/ 

 

im one of those people like if I’m terminal or something I would go out on my own terms tbh. 

Was he terminal? I didn't know it. What happened to him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown
17 hours ago, lavender blonde said:

Was he terminal? I didn't know it. What happened to him?

He had pancreatitis that was basically kinda treated when they removed his appendix and gallbladder removed but he dealt with a LOT of other issues after which caused him to be in major pain like…pretty much 24/7. He was having to take 20-ish pills to barely even push his pain slightly down but he said it was just pure agony the entire time. That’s why he stopped performing bc he pushed through the pain for a good bit but it got too much for him to stand and in the end I honestly think the constant pain is what made him do what he did.

I’ve heard people say similar things when pancreatitis persists even after all methods have been done and man, it’s like someone stabbing you in the stomach and turning it over and over again.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lavender blonde
6 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

He had pancreatitis that was basically kinda treated when they removed his appendix and gallbladder removed but he dealt with a LOT of other issues after which caused him to be in major pain like…pretty much 24/7. He was having to take 20-ish pills to barely even push his pain slightly down but he said it was just pure agony the entire time. That’s why he stopped performing bc he pushed through the pain for a good bit but it got too much for him to stand and in the end I honestly think the constant pain is what made him do what he did.

I’ve heard people say similar things when pancreatitis persists even after all methods have been done and man, it’s like someone stabbing you in the stomach and turning it over and over again.

 

Oh god, I thought he was completely fine after the surgery, I didn't know it was THAT serious. It's more understandable now why he did it... but still... why on holidays??? :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...