Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jesy Nelson addresses blackfishing claims

Teletubby

Featured Posts

bionic
24 minutes ago, Chic said:

Nobody mentions that it’s pretty normal in every human society to want to look like something you’re not.

Some women wanna look like men, some men wanna look like women. People want to look like celebrities, they get surgeries and mimic how they act. Some people of color want to look white, some white people want to look like people of color. Some Westerners want to look Asian and some Asian people want to look like Westeners.

The intentions of these are often far less insidious than they seem and often revolve around the person’s dissatisfaction with being who they are.

Why did society drag Rachel Dolezal?? This is a genuine question not being facetious 

buy bionic

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bionic said:

Why did society drag Rachel Dolezal?? This is a genuine question not being facetious 

She was the head of the NAACP at one point, and she was caught lying on an interview, which gave it national attention for just how ridiculous and insulting it all was

Honestly I feel sorry for her. 

She (lied about the fact that she) left Little Mix for her mental health

She did a documentary on internet trolling

Now she's released her debut single she's getting dragged to hell for sporting a particular look, even though it looks great and she enjoys it?! 

Everybody's willing to criticise but nobody wants to offer a solution. 

This industry is going to destroy her. I'm praying for you, Jesy. You made some mistakes but don't let them kill you.

js4754394o9823
8 minutes ago, Dex said:

She (lied about the fact that she) left Little Mix for her mental health

lied?

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

JusKeepBreathin
30 minutes ago, bionic said:

She literally said she was black. Then she said she identified as black. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

bionic
13 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Forgot that part. All I could remember was her relating to her adopted siblings and taking on a new name

buy bionic

BUtterfield 8
11 hours ago, janetjackson said:

I feel like all of the issues folks are having with Jesy also go for Miss Ariana Grande.  Both are white girls utilizing R&B music and heavily altering their appearances with tans, lip injections, etc. I see no reason we should accept it from AG and not from Jesy.

Can someone explain to me what is different here? Is there a difference?

I’m not defending Ariana cause she’s obviously been known for over tanning but she went back to her normal skin color recently 

7 hours ago, Pennywise said:

It's always interesting how people... turn out to be POC when they start losing arguments in which they sound racist, and that's all I will say on this I guess :poot:

Don’t be shy bestie tag them 

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I’m not defending Ariana cause she’s obviously been known for over tanning but she went back to her normal skin color recently 

only because she has beauty brand to promote, she would look ridiculous with fake tan doing tutorial videos 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Ziggy
36 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Her book is called My Life in Color :saladga::wtfga::ladyhaha:

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Sepsami said:

What is white though? As a European this confuses me so much? Are Italians considered white despite generally have more tan skin, darker hair, darker eyes and different features from for instance Scandinavians? The obsession with race in the US makes me cringe sometimes :wtfga:

So you’re almost there lol

race is a made up construct but it’s a made up construct that has been implemented globally to hoard certain powers in the hands of certain people. To call it an obsession with race in the US is a *dramatic* and frankly demeaning misunderstanding of the horrors racism has wrought on so many people in the world. 

the fact that you’re able to point out how bizarrely arbitrary it is is good. It’s not founded on anything particularly genetic. For instance, like you said, tan skin. Or the “monolid” that people say Asian people have. Plenty of people from Asia dont have that lid type. Plenty of white people do. It’s arbitrary. However, who is associated with it in a demeaning way to diminish their worth? Asian people. So racism is not so much a biological trait as it is a social system of organizing people and power. In the case of people “appropriating” a culture, it’s an issue for so many because it is often former colonial powers reaping the cultural fruits of one formerly subjugated group for the first group’s gain. There’s no respect given and it’s seen as another situation of taking and taking with no respect given to the group something is being taken from. It’s “so you want to exploit me and my culture for your own status but you won’t support me.”

In the US, it’s not an obsession with race. That’s a deeply condescending attitude to take to the cultural trauma that exists from hundreds of years of deeply embedded institutional slavery and racism. Frankly, not many other western countries have a comparable situation to compare it to as they’re either older and thus have more history to build a legacy from or did not have slavery as embedded in both the domestic and international economy as the US. Slavery and racism existed the world over and still do, but very few places had quite the system that the US did (and does) and what you see here now is response to that

55 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

it's not her normal skin color she doesnt have yellow tones to her skin

this is her color

ariana-grande-attending-the-cast-of-the-

Sometimes i'm like who cares, other times it pisses me off that it's a "trend"

bubbletea

during the Little Mix days she was always making a fuss about the bullyng and the fatshaming (and ofc I can understand cause no one deserves that)

now she's saying that people are pointing her as r*cist just bc she's out of the group? pls

Archived