💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jesy Nelson addresses blackfishing claims

Teletubby

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
58 minutes ago, xlx said:

The fact that people try to defend this with "this is normal in the UK".  Does that maybe mean that in your culture there's a larger problem of white girls appropriating black features to appear mixed and you're just failing to acknowledge it? :partysick:

05ed6c27963bdd5b14d7be767d7bdeda.jpg

Hi meet the ganguro girl. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DelusionalGaga
6 minutes ago, bambi96 said:

How is tan a black feature? Literally all over europe people are darker than she is with tan alone lmao

Are you feigning ignorance or is it really that hard for you to understand? It's not just a tan. It's the tan, the lips, the curly hair, dreadlocks, the whole "hood" thing in the Boyz video. People wouldn't make a fuss about someone being tan but it's the overall package that clearly indicates what Jesy or her team was aiming at. 

bionic
1 hour ago, xlx said:

The fact that people try to defend this with "this is normal in the UK".  Does that maybe mean that in your culture there's a larger problem of white girls appropriating black features to appear mixed and you're just failing to acknowledge it? :partysick:

If blackfishing is normalized in the UK then I will channel my inner @Miss Dolly (I miss u) and drag the entire country

buy bionic

11 minutes ago, bambi96 said:

How is tan a black feature? Literally all over europe people are darker than she is with tan alone lmao

i guess people shouldn't tan anymore? they should avoid the sun and wear sunscreen so they never tan in order to never get accused of trying to pass as other races with darker skin? 

bionic
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

i guess people shouldn't tan anymore? they should avoid the sun and wear sunscreen so they never tan in order to never get accused of trying to pass as other races with darker skin? 

We should probably all wear sunscreen more than we should TBF

buy bionic

Sepsami
15 hours ago, CyanDante said:

SAME :rip: I thought only Perrie was white in Little Mix. I literally had to google yesterday if she is white after reading all the comments here. :toofunny:

What is white though? As a European this confuses me so much? Are Italians considered white despite generally have more tan skin, darker hair, darker eyes and different features from for instance Scandinavians? The obsession with race in the US makes me cringe sometimes :wtfga:

Sepsami
12 minutes ago, xlx said:

Are you feigning ignorance or is it really that hard for you to understand? It's not just a tan. It's the tan, the lips, the curly hair, dreadlocks, the whole "hood" thing in the Boyz video. People wouldn't make a fuss about someone being tan but it's the overall package that clearly indicates what Jesy or her team was aiming at. 

Everyone has swollen lips nowadays because of fillers being a beauty fad that wont die, curly hair is something a lot of southern European people naturally have and also some "white" people. People are looking too much into this imo :oops:

Teletubby

Jesy was bullied since the start of X Factor 2011, people were always cruel to her, called her fat and ugly. X Factor bosses instead of helping and protecting her used this for the show

maybe her fake tan, big hair, big lips are her coping mechanisms. it makes her feel pretty and she thinks that if she will change everything in her apparence people will like her.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

bambi96
38 minutes ago, xlx said:

The only thing I can see is dreadlocks. 

White people have: tan skin, curly hair...

Nobody mentions that it’s pretty normal in every human society to want to look like something you’re not.

Some women wanna look like men, some men wanna look like women. People want to look like celebrities, they get surgeries and mimic how they act. Some people of color want to look white, some white people want to look like people of color. Some Westerners want to look Asian and some Asian people want to look like Westeners.

The intentions of these are often far less insidious than they seem and often revolve around the person’s dissatisfaction with being who they are.

3 minutes ago, Chic said:

Nobody mentions that it’s pretty normal in every human society to want to look like something you’re not.

Some women wanna look like men, some men wanna look like women. People want to look like celebrities, they get surgeries and mimic how they act. Some people of color want to look white, some white people want to look like people of color. Some Westerners want to look Asian and some Asian people want to look like Westeners.

The intentions of these are often far less insidious than they seem and often revolve around the person’s dissatisfaction with being who they are.

this is such a smart, in depth reply, thank you, you gave the whole conversation a new insight and a fresh perspective.

JusKeepBreathin
35 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

What is white though? As a European this confuses me so much? Are Italians considered white despite generally have more tan skin, darker hair, darker eyes and different features from for instance Scandinavians? The obsession with race in the US makes me cringe sometimes :wtfga:

Mediterranean people are much darker yet considered white. The problem is people's depiction of white is just one thing. Even in art work through out the years people's depiction of white has changed. Venus used to be depicted as a darker Mediterranean woman and later she was changed to pale with blonde hair. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

CyanDante
46 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

I am Indian. :toofunny: Anyway, I was just going on face value, I haven't followed them that much and I genuinely didn't know. :chica:

But I agree with your last statement. And it's not just limited to race. :sweat:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Archived