Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Lady Gaga talks playing Patrizia as a 'real person' and 'not a caricature'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Lady Gaga is opening up about portraying a real-life "murderer" on the big screen.

"I knew I was about to play a murderer. I also knew how Tony feels about Italians being represented in film in terms of crime. I wanted to make a real person out of Patrizia, not a caricature," explained Gaga, who said she spent six months perfecting her Italian accent, before spending another six months staying in the accent.

"I felt the best way to honor Maurizio and Italians was for my performance to be authentic, from the perspective of a woman. Not an Italian-American woman, but an Italian woman," she added.

"Choosing to work in a film that's set in Italy is where my heart lies. When I went over to film this year, every day I was able to plant my feet on the ground and know that I was in a place where my family lived before coming here and working hard so I could have a better life," she told The Wall Street Journal 

source source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Bradley

Edit: Wait I just realised the two sources are the same article. Never mind. Thanks for posting!

RAMROD

Gaga is always respectful, we been knew and still impressed  :tony:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mother of Puppies

Her italian era is about to start and we're here for it :kiss:

lady-gaga-leaves-italy-after-filming-hou

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

"where my family lived before coming here and working hard so I could have a better life" wow just made me think of Gaga's great great grandkids, the Germanotta name in general. They're set up for a few generations at least, perhaps forever! Great grandma Stefani was super successful :diane:

AnglerfishbraBENUS

inb4 her speaking about being an italian woman and honoring her home land becomes the new 100 people in a room 

Tinnitus15
55 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Lady Gaga is opening up about portraying a real-life "murderer" on the big screen.

"I knew I was about to play a murderer. I also knew how Tony feels about Italians being represented in film in terms of crime. I wanted to make a real person out of Patrizia, not a caricature," explained Gaga, who said she spent six months perfecting her Italian accent, before spending another six months staying in the accent.

"I felt the best way to honor Maurizio and Italians was for my performance to be authentic, from the perspective of a woman. Not an Italian-American woman, but an Italian woman," she added.

"Choosing to work in a film that's set in Italy is where my heart lies. When I went over to film this year, every day I was able to plant my feet on the ground and know that I was in a place where my family lived before coming here and working hard so I could have a better life," she told The Wall Street Journal 

source source

LateToCult
30 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Wait Gaga is Italian? Wtf

Same. I thought she was Puerto Rican

Blastertoyo
46 minutes ago, weed said:

wow just made me think of Gaga's great great grandkids, the Germanotta name in general. They're set up for a few generations at least, perhaps forever!

That’s one of the sad things for sure with female celebrities is they traditionally don’t always get the luxury of carrying their original family name/ starting an empire with it.

like how people don’t know Maya Rudolph is Minnie Riperton‘s daughter because they don’t share a last name.

That’s why I admire Rihanna’s Fenty empire.

imagine a Germanotta or Gaga empire like Hilton or Jackson. 
:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

PunkTheFunk
3 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Same. I thought she was Puerto Rican

I thought she was European

Archived