science

Pfizer tests COVID pill as preventive medicine

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

GettyImages-1230032217.jpg?w=320&h=180&c

Pfizer has started testing its potential COVID-19 treatment as a preventive medicine aimed at warding off the virus if a close contact gets it.

The drugmaker said Monday that it will study the pill it is developing in combination with a low dose of the HIV drug ritonavir in people who are at least 18 years old and live in the same household with someone who is infected.

Researchers expect that the use of ritonavir will help slow the breakdown of the potential treatment so it remains active longer to help fight the virus.

Source

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 3
  • Shook 5
HardlyaSaint

Ever since that issue in 2009 I will never be able to actually trust Pfizer. It’s just way too shady and I really am getting paranoid with how supportive people have been globally of this company not even realizing their shady record with manipulating masses into big pharmaceutical investments. 

• Thanks 2
Monsterabriel
14 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

I'm curious if antivaxxers would take this :oprah:

They already think covid is fake:neyde:

Father, Son, and Haus of Gaga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Economy
28 minutes ago, HardlyaSaint said:

Ever since that issue in 2009 I will never be able to actually trust Pfizer. It’s just way too shady and I really am getting paranoid with how supportive people have been globally of this company not even realizing their shady record with manipulating masses into big pharmaceutical investments. 

The fact that they are huge companies making a tone of money off pandemic alone should be a reason to not automatically bow down and worship them as gods

Yes they came up with a vaccine which has been a tremendous toll against pandemic. But guess what? Most stuff companies make are useful or wanted otherwise it wouldnt sell

They have interests in expanding new products or promoting extra boosters etc. Definitely our health administrations need to continue rigurous scruitiny to make sure anything that is recommended to public is really in our best interest

Also my comment reply is very generalized. I know very little about this pill and thefore dont have an opinion on it at this time

• Like 6
MACATL
1 hour ago, Economy said:

The fact that they are huge companies making a tone of money off pandemic alone should be a reason to not automatically bow down and worship them as gods

Yes they came up with a vaccine which has been a tremendous toll against pandemic. But guess what? Most stuff companies make are useful or wanted otherwise it wouldnt sell

They have interests in expanding new products or promoting extra boosters etc. Definitely our health administrations need to continue rigurous scruitiny to make sure anything that is recommended to public is really in our best interest

Also my comment reply is very generalized. I know very little about this pill and thefore dont have an opinion on it at this time

This is why we have the FDA - so companies can’t just market whatever they want.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, MACATL said:

This is why we have the FDA - so companies can’t just market whatever they want.  

I heard they also receive some funding from the companies they regulate? 

• Like 2
HardlyaSaint
48 minutes ago, MACATL said:

The FDA is an even bigger walking, self-contradicting threat to the public. They can say whatever they want or whatever they believe in the moment and then backtrack on it whenever somebody does 5 minutes of research and comes through with a new informational revelation. They’ve done it during the pandemic already. They don’t know what they’re doing just like the rest of us. 

It’s like saying “this is why we have cops— so people can’t just commit crimes”— it still doesn’t prevent cops or normal people from committing crimes. Sometimes it feels like our government isn’t trying to keep us safe it’s trying to keep us controlled more than anything. The way America’s leaders have treated this pandemic is very telling about how they feel about lower society America. We’re just a bunch of woke or hateful keyboard warrior labrats they only want to use for political power gains, in their eyes. 

Edited by HardlyaSaint
CameltoeKween
1 hour ago, HardlyaSaint said:

The FDA is an even bigger walking, self-contradicting threat to the public. They can say whatever they want or whatever they believe in the moment and then backtrack on it whenever somebody does 5 minutes of research and comes through with a new informational revelation. They’ve done it during the pandemic already. They don’t know what they’re doing just like the rest of us. 

It’s like saying “this is why we have cops— so people can’t just commit crimes”— it still doesn’t prevent cops or normal people from committing crimes. Sometimes it feels like our government isn’t trying to keep us safe it’s trying to keep us controlled more than anything. The way America’s leaders have treated this pandemic is very telling about how they feel about lower society America. We’re just a bunch of woke or hateful keyboard warrior labrats they only want to use for political power gains, in their eyes. 

Um… lmao :awkney:

Can I ask what your credentials are? Have you studied medicine at a university level, or do you practice medicine or work in a medical field?

Your whole post is giving me major anti-vaxx conspiracy teas :oprah:

• Thanks 8
Gabi001
1 hour ago, HardlyaSaint said:

We in EU have our own medicine regulator consisting of scientists from 27 countries and Pfizer vaccine was still approved. I can't see possibility how could Pfizer corrupt 27 european countries to approve his products. Standards here are so high that EU doesn't even approve Chromatica Oreos food coloring :huntyga:

I'm not having fun tonight.
  • Thanks 3
HardlyaSaint
1 hour ago, CameltoeKween said:

Um… lmao :awkney:

Can I ask what your credentials are? Have you studied medicine at a university level, or do you practice medicine or work in a medical field?

Your whole post is giving me major anti-vaxx conspiracy teas :oprah:

I’m literally vaccinated but go off?

Everybody’s antivax if they’re skeptical about something that’s literally being forced into their bodies, right? 

Not a good mindset. 

And if you’ve been paying attention to FDA during the course of the pandemic you’d see that they are just as worse as our last president at handling and instructing procedures and cautions among the public. They literally do not know what they’re doing. If they did— we wouldn’t still be in confusion of whether or not COVID (and it’s potential/coexisting variants) is getting better or worse.  I don’t think hardly anybody does and that’s what’s bothering me about this. We’re all operating out of panic and that can lead us into even worse situations.  

Don’t respond if you’re just going to try and belittle or question my intelligence based off of my tendency to second guess things that have been known to be shady before. 

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2
HardlyaSaint
42 minutes ago, Gabi001 said:

We in EU have our own medicine regulator consisting of scientists from 27 countries and Pfizer vaccine was still approved. I can't see possibility how could Pfizer corrupt 27 european countries to approve his products. Standards here are so high that EU doesn't even approve Chromatica Oreos food coloring :huntyga:

1.  We still don’t know long term effects of said vaccine (which is the main thing that bothers me) and it was only approved because we put a mandate/FAST TRACK on the production of said vaccine and also granted SAID company a blanket of liability coverage from any future lawsuits that may arrive. All that — after an incident in 2009 involving them mispromoting medicines and PAYING OFF DOCTORS/OFFICIALS. But nobody talks ab that. Just the “antivax” or the “sheeple”. I’ve never literally seen a more blind or brain dead population. Maybe, I have- but I was just too in denial about how people could turn the other way at shady stuff happening in front of their faces “. 

2. Pfizer has money. We and our governments gave it to them. A lot of countries like money 🙂. CREAM. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
HardlyaSaint

“Pfizer drug breach ends in biggest US crime fine. Pfizer, the world's largest drugs company, has been hit with the biggest criminal fine in US history as part of a $2.3bn settlement with federal prosecutors for mispromoting medicines and for paying kickbacks to compliant doctors. “

copy and pasted from an article from 2009 since most people don’t like to do research.

Gabi001
25 minutes ago, HardlyaSaint said:

1.  We still don’t know long term effects of said vaccine (which is the main thing that bothers me) and it was only approved because we put a mandate/FAST TRACK on the production of said vaccine and also granted SAID company a blanket of liability coverage from any future lawsuits that may arrive. All that — after an incident in 2009 involving them mispromoting medicines and PAYING OFF DOCTORS/OFFICIALS. But nobody talks ab that. Just the “antivax” or the “sheeple”. I’ve never literally seen a more blind or brain dead population. Maybe, I have- but I was just too in denial about how people could turn the other way at shady stuff happening in front of their faces “. 

2. Pfizer has money. We and our governments gave it to them. A lot of countries like money 🙂. CREAM. 

I am willing to believe coruption between one company and one country. I am even gonna believe a conspiracy between few countries and companies. But to belive that one company is paying literary every country in the world to use their vaccines and no one except you on GGD forum speaks up about it is a little bit delulu for me :flop:

I'm not having fun tonight.
  • LMAO 1