society

Robotic 'nose' can detect disease 200xtimes better than dogs

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Digital-Nose_Feature.jpeg?lb=1536,864

Our smartphones know a lot about us: they can hear us, see us, and feel our touch. What they can’t do is smell us — at least, not yet. But MIT researchers are working toward a future where we can have a mini olfactory system right inside our pockets.

“Dogs, for now 15 years or so, have been shown to be the earliest, most accurate disease detectors for anything that we’ve ever tried,”said Andreas Mershin, a scientist at MIT. Mershin and his team are creating a digital dog nose that could eventually be built into every smartphone.

Nano-Nose: Earlier this year, Mershin and his team announced they had created a Nano-Nose — a robotic nose powered by AI — that could identify cases of prostate cancer from urine samples with 70% accuracy. The study claims that the robotic nose performed just as well as trained dogs in detecting the disease.

According to Mershin, the Nano-Nose is “200 times more sensitive than a dog’s nose” when it comes to detecting and identifying tiny traces of different molecules emitted from a human body. 

8brfbj3oc1z41.jpg?auto=webp&s=8a78c018e080f50802fb4bb141ab29c35c3bb917

Source - https://bigthink.com/the-future/robotic-nose-smartphone-detect-disease/

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 3
  • Shook 11
CautiousLurker

There go professional sniffer dogs' careers :cyanlights: 

Edited by CautiousLurker
sniveling little Kant scholar
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
Bonkers

:cryga:

now i'll never get my drugs thru customs when covid is over and I can travel

:cryga: :cryga: :cryga: 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
holy scheisse
2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

:cryga:

now i'll never get my drugs thru customs when covid is over and I can travel

:cryga: :cryga: :cryga: 

:oprah:

• LMAO 2
artdoll

so what's the phone gonna say knowing how many people bring it with them in the bathroom? :neyde:

♫ 👏 A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E, make it real loud 👏 ♫
FfFfFfFF
16 hours ago, artdoll said:

so what's the phone gonna say knowing how many people bring it with them in the bathroom? :neyde:

The FBI agents controlling people's phones wil be like:

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • LMAO 1