life

Poker Face turns 13

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BARKDANGER

Gosh I remember hearing this song for the first time, on a preview on iTunes back in 2008. I fell in love with with it and download it to my iPod. (I feel old for saying that.) 

While it’s not my fav Gaga song, I appreciate its relevance in pop culture. 

Also, I will never look at a muffin the same way
I look at the muffin and ask, “Are you bluffin?” 😂

“I’m on the edge of glory
”

Wet Fire

The first Lady Gaga song I ever heard, it was playing on a straight uncle's phone. Little did he know that his innocent playlist would make me gay :huntyga:

BornAsUnic0rn

Just Dance and Pokerface are such impressive songs, both musically AND commercially. After earlier failed record deals, she had this one shot with Interscope, and it didn’t look promising in the beginning. 

Just Dance and Poker Face have such an impressive chart run, Just Dance was released in April 08 but it entered the Hot 100 charts only in August 08. It took till January 09 to go to #1. Poker Face was released in September 08, and it didn’t hit the charts until January 09 and it hit #1 in April 09. While Just Dance was still going strong in the Top 10.

KURUSHITOVSKA
42 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Just Dance and Pokerface are such impressive songs, both musically AND commercially. After earlier failed record deals, she had this one shot with Interscope, and it didn’t look promising in the beginning. 

Just Dance and Poker Face have such an impressive chart run, Just Dance was released in April 08 but it entered the Hot 100 charts only in August 08. It took till January 09 to go to #1. Poker Face was released in September 08, and it didn’t hit the charts until January 09 and it hit #1 in April 09. While Just Dance was still going strong in the Top 10.

But Poker Face was released when the album was already out, there was no Twitter promo and no TikTok, so it took really long for the two songs to get noticed worldwide. Just Dance got more attention after Poker Face was released. It took a long time for them to go to #1 but it assured Gaga was the main thing for more than a year

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

Lady Adga

The first time I heard this song was one afternoon on MTV. I remember me sitting on the couch, watching TV (a TV that today would be considered an antique) and suddenly the synthesizer starts and Gaga coming out of the pool :giveup:I was still a teenager. Time flies :bradley:

BlingNotTheMusic

This is wild! I remember the first time I ever heard Gaga was when I was working at EXPRESS and the first time I heard JD and the "ma ma ma mahhhh" of PF, I was hooked :giveup:

The song that started it all for me...it started my interest with Gaga.

So hooked with this song before that i included it in our post credits in our college video project... wow that was so long ago

BornAsUnic0rn
54 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

But Poker Face was released when the album was already out, there was no Twitter promo and no TikTok, so it took really long for the two songs to get noticed worldwide. Just Dance got more attention after Poker Face was released. It took a long time for them to go to #1 but it assured Gaga was the main thing for more than a year

And? I’m talking about Gaga’s US Chart Run with her first two singles. And I’m actually praising and admiring how impressive their run was and how they are prime examples of longevity and her and her team’s hard work to make it happen.

It’s a fact things didn’t look too promising when she first hit the scene. And everyone working with her at that time has spoken about how hard the way to make it happen was. And how much depended on Just Dance working out, and at first it actually didn’t. But once it happened she hit unprecedentedly hard. Seemingly with several singles at once.

Just Dance still being Top 10 when Pokerface hit #1 and both still charting when Love Game peaked. And she was a constant presence in the US singles charts from August 08 until November 10, that’s over 2 years.

KURUSHITOVSKA
29 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

And? I’m talking about Gaga’s US Chart Run with her first two singles. And I’m actually praising and admiring how impressive their run was and how they are prime examples of longevity and her and her team’s hard work to make it happen.

It’s a fact things didn’t look too promising when she first hit the scene. And everyone working with her at that time has spoken about how hard the way to make it happen was. And how much depended on Just Dance working out, and at first it actually didn’t. But once it happened she hit unprecedentedly hard. Seemingly with several singles at once.

Just Dance still being Top 10 when Pokerface hit #1 and both still charting when Love Game peaked. And she was a constant presence in the US singles charts from August 08 until November 10, that’s over 2 years.

I never said it was something bad?  ....

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

WhereIsLG7

Oh those times when I defended her that she wore her real hair for PF's music video :smh:

THIS GURL CHANGED MY LIFE RIGHT AFTER HEARING "MUM MUM MUM MAAAAAAAH" ON MTV

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

*shreaks in 720p*

3 hours ago, BARKDANGER said:

Gosh I remember hearing this song for the first time, on a preview on iTunes back in 2008. I fell in love with with it and download it to my iPod. (I feel old for saying that.) 

Did it look like this?
81cknxTklTL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Archived