💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Boys Noize talks about how he met Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Along these same lines, you recently worked with Lady Gaga on a bit of Chromatica. How did that come about?

It was a classic LA moment where I met up with an older friend of mine who's become a pretty known pop producer, Bloodpop. He did a remix for me in 2012 for the Snoop [Dog] record I put out. We've kept in touch over the years, so every time I'm in LA I see him. I played him some of my album stuff, I played him "Greenpoint," actually, and another one, and he was like, "Let me send this to Gaga." I didn't know he was involved in any of that. He texted her while I was around and we got a text back five minutes later and she's like, "I want to meet this guy." She loved the stuff.

The next day I sat next to her in the studio, and it was really bizarre but beautiful because she's such a cool human being. She brought out things I would never expect from her, like she asked me if I know Surgeon, and I'm like, "You're talking about Surgeon!" She brought him on tour to open up for her live shows and I didn't know that. There was a funny moment where I brought my small modular case and she was like, "Whoa, look at this," and she was really interested and, with the excitement, she spilled water over it. We cleaned it and all that stuff, but we wrote a few songs. That was a really nice, positive thing because, obviously, I was not too keen to get into the pop world again after I tried it a little bit around 2010. I felt like I'm not the perfect person because you've got to have elbows in that game. You spend a lot of time with random people writing random songs, hoping. I'd rather do five new DJ tools and know I'm going to release them rather than making 10 songs that will never come out because of some weird political industry reasons. Gaga was so cool and that made me really be hopeful about the music we did.

https://www.papermag.com/boys-noize-polarity-premiere-2655083050.html?rebelltitem=32#rebelltitem32

monketsharona

'I'd rather do five new DJ tools and know I'm going to release them rather than making 10 songs that will never come out because of some weird political industry reasons. Gaga was so cool and that made me really be hopeful about the music we did.'

Why does it feel so true ? :triggered:

9 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

'I'd rather do five new DJ tools and know I'm going to release them rather than making 10 songs that will never come out because of some weird political industry reasons. Gaga was so cool and that made me really be hopeful about the music we did.'

We lost but its totally understsndable he feels this way

12 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

So true .. it made me sad tbh 

I always wonder why an amazing artist like lana have the ability to release so many unreleased songs .. almost in all of her new albums u found a few unreleased songs that we already knew .. but gaga didn't had that freedom to release even ONE unreleased song ? The fact that she have hits shelved (frankensteined.. ARTPOP act 2.. the og LG5) etc will always be the most questionable thing in her career .. 

Give her the freedom to release more music for the god's sake .. if interscope is the problem she should have her own label . 

Plastic Flower
11 minutes ago, Darkgod said:

So true .. it made me sad tbh 

I always wonder why an amazing artist like lana have the ability to release so many unreleased songs .. almost in all of her new albums u found a few unreleased songs that we already knew .. but gaga didn't had that freedom to release even ONE unreleased song ? The fact that she have hits shelved (frankensteined.. ARTPOP act 2.. the og LG5) etc will always be the most questionable thing in her career .. 

Give her the freedom to release more music for the god's sake .. if interscope is the problem she should have her own label . 

Why would she sign again with them if she wasn't comfortable? I think she's the one playing it safe here.

Drop it

1 minute ago, Plastic Flower said:

Why would she sign again with them if she wasn't comfortable? I think she's the one playing it safe here.

Its true and I didn't wanted to say that .. her last album proved that already .

Hope she will stop for a while and rethink her music career choices.  

33 minutes ago, efrs said:

I’d love for more of his work on chromatica to be released. His rain on me demo was amazing 😭

Wait that was him???

"you've got to have elbows in that game"

aka he didn't wanna fight the other producers to have his work make it on the album :rip:

Bloodpop must be quick with his elbows.

Purr more, hiss less.

BlingNotTheMusic

REALLY wish she/Bloodpop had used more of BN's production on Chromatica or DoC. Such a shame really as I'm a huge fan of his and when they were tweeting each other a while back got me so excited for LG6...

Hmmm industry politics….I wonder if they (Interscope) pushed her away from veering toooo far back in the EDM/ industrial side of things with the final product and are the ones who favored the house and dance-pop side of the album. I.e. more BloodPop, bring in Max Martin, high-caliber vocal collabs, less SOPHIE and Boys Noize.

Enigma ended up being a pretty big tease of the Chromatica visuals so I think the music was to be a lot more aggressive, abrasive, and hard.

Sad that his and SOPHIE’s work was pretty much completely shelved 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

ANTI WP
4 hours ago, Plastic Flower said:

Finally someone said it  :udidnt:

Archived