Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

#6 – Solar Power: 7.81

Solar Power

Lowest Score: 6.9 - @SMILE2NE1

Highest Score: 11 - @Ororo Munroe @Kantakyakirno

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

Joyous, blissful, cathartic, summer. The type of summer I enjoy the most. I hear the sonic influences- 60s-70s, The Rolling Stones, the sound that mostly speaks to me. I'm happy. I see the ocean gleaming.

I love the fairy layered vocals, the mute strings, her cute speaking parts and the progression of the song. The last part with more and more layers and intensity makes us really feel the solar power.

As usual when an artist introduces a new sound it did not click at first listen but DAMN it’s a grower! Plus: how adorable to see Lorde at her happiest in the video!

I feel the vibe she was going for it's a lorde record not a melodrama record if you remember that you might give it a chance more often!

I still like this song, I don't care if I instantly think of a Lexapro commercial, I will still be dancing

Truly tedious to get through. Clever lyrics that don't do anything for me.

Can't relate. I hate the summer, can't stand the heat. (Still catchy tho.)

I’m sure this would’ve been a fan favorite if it weren’t the first single.

idc people don’t like this song it’s so good and def one of my favorites

fun, refreshing, but the summer is over. what do we do with it now?

Grew on me after release, she's "kinda like a prettier Jesus"

sounds so much better when it's in between other songs tbh

Sorry, but the weakest from the album imo đŸ„ș

it's cute, kinda underwhelming for a lead

this is so sad tbh. this song is amazing! literally, this song is perfect!

Ororo Munroe
Just now, alsemanche said:

im sorry @Ororo Munroe, feel free to send d*ath threats to the voters 

i need to know the whole voting history for this song. and then i will create a plan. 

Ororo Munroe

Top 5! Drop your predictions below!

1. Mood Ring (because gays prefer BoPs)

2. Fallen Fruit

3. Secrets From A Girl

4. The Path

5. Oceanic Feeling

alsemanche

#5 – Oceanic Feeling: 7.88

Oceanic Feeling

Lowest Score: 6 - @huttont

Highest Score: 11 - @BlueRose

Comments:

Spoiler

Really start loving this song when it picks up. The ending with the masculine voices is so gorgeous. I like how both the beginning song and ending one were very atmospheric. HOT: This song is so good and I really like it. I guess I can hear how it might not jive with the album and understand why it's not on there. HNG: Another really good one! Bought the Music Box just so I could have HQ of these two songs lol

so like from the first listen I think this became a top 5 lorde track for me... adore the way it progresses, lyrics here just get me in an introspective mood, like stoned at the nail salon. Instrumentation is a work of art and the cicada noises here were really neat. grateful for this offering. breath out and tune in.

That’s another song I need some time getting used to, but I’m warming up to it, just like Fallen Fruit. A good album closer, for sure. Some of the best lyrics on the album.

The perfect closer. The cicadas, the guitar... it encompasses the entire album and its consistent sound. A calming, true oceanic feeling.

Cute I guess, but this song is entirely too long to make me feel like it's lacking something yet it does.

Nice atmospheric and progressive song. I like the trip hop vibe, the sound design and effects.

I am not always in a mood to listen this track it's overall as a vibey song very good

ambitious, has verve, enjoyable, a tad too slow at first.

PERFECT ENDING THO THIS ALBUM WOW

the ending is nice

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Ororo Munroe

#5 – Oceanic Feeling: 7.88

Oceanic Feeling

Lowest Score: 6 - @huttont

Highest Score: 11 - @BlueRose

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

Really start loving this song when it picks up. The ending with the masculine voices is so gorgeous. I like how both the beginning song and ending one were very atmospheric. HOT: This song is so good and I really like it. I guess I can hear how it might not jive with the album and understand why it's not on there. HNG: Another really good one! Bought the Music Box just so I could have HQ of these two songs lol

so like from the first listen I think this became a top 5 lorde track for me... adore the way it progresses, lyrics here just get me in an introspective mood, like stoned at the nail salon. Instrumentation is a work of art and the cicada noises here were really neat. grateful for this offering. breath out and tune in.

That’s another song I need some time getting used to, but I’m warming up to it, just like Fallen Fruit. A good album closer, for sure. Some of the best lyrics on the album.

The perfect closer. The cicadas, the guitar... it encompasses the entire album and its consistent sound. A calming, true oceanic feeling.

Cute I guess, but this song is entirely too long to make me feel like it's lacking something yet it does.

Nice atmospheric and progressive song. I like the trip hop vibe, the sound design and effects.

I am not always in a mood to listen this track it's overall as a vibey song very good

ambitious, has verve, enjoyable, a tad too slow at first.

PERFECT ENDING THO THIS ALBUM WOW

the ending is nice

as i said! bye, b**ch! 

alsemanche

#4 – Secrets from a Girl (Who’s Seen it All): 7.91

Secrets from a Girl

Lowest Score: 4 - @Zed

Highest Score: 10 - @Teletubby @nightadieu @huttont

Comments:

Spoiler

Perfect song if it weren’t for the outro. â˜č I love Robyn, and it’s not THAT bad, but the spoken word just doesn’t add much, in my opinion. Remove the spoken word, keep the instrumentals (they’re so beautiful during this part!).

The worst song I've heard this year. I understand how people could love it but I do not relate, I do enjoy the sound, I do not care about the feature, I never want to hear this song again tbh

A light and uplifting feeling. Maybe the Robyn outro is a bit too long, or too slow, although I love what she says.

This one's got a good vocal canter for most of the song, very catchy. And the talking part is cute lol

Lorde's fallback job going to be flight attendant recording with a side of mental health counselor

I like the 00's vibe in it and the speaking part at the end but kinda boring overall to be honest.

one of my favorites! feels like a good hug after a rough day <3 i also adore the outro

this one is just a bop through and through, Robyn outro is kinda cool.

this one is cute but kinda cringe and that outro is 💀

Beautiful and Love that Robyn is featured on this one!

This song and Mood Ring are the best on the album!

It's a good vibey track living for that!

Bop! It’s SO. GOOD.

what a track!!

Soft, soothing, and succulent

4 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

1. Mood Ring (because gays prefer BoPs)

2. Fallen Fruit

3. Secrets From A Girl

4. The Path

5. Oceanic Feeling

This is a solid list

Archived