Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Megarate Ceremony | Solar Power - Lorde

alsemanche

Featured Posts

DAMN I thought it was tomorrow! Sorry I missed it. :noparty: Thank you for organizing!

Also I’m pretty sure I gave some of those tracks 10s (like Big Star, The Man with the Axe, and I gave California an 11, I think?) but they weren’t in the highest scores lists :oprah:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
Just now, Bjaf said:

DAMN I thought it was tomorrow! Sorry I missed it. :noparty: Thank you for organizing!

Also I’m pretty sure I gave some of those tracks 10s (like Big Star, The Man with the Axe, and I gave California an 11, I think?) but they weren’t in the highest scores lists :oprah:

NO worries! 

And yeah I forgot to @ a lot of people in their highest scores because of the rush, but they did count towards the average! I'll try to edit the posts when I can 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Just now, alsemanche said:

NO worries! 

And yeah I forgot to @ a lot of people in their highest scores because of the rush, but they did count towards the average! I'll try to edit the posts when I can 

Ok, I guess I still had hope there was some kind of miscalculation bc these songs deserved so much more :cryga:

thanks!

Came here too late, there was a celtic metal show in my family's town with cheap artisan cider and mead, my alcoholic metal head couldn't resist  :toofunny:
Anyway, I read the thread and I agree with this ranking except for Solar Power, what's wrong with you guys this song is pretty cool isn't it ?! 
Thank you @alsemanche for hosting this megarate :kiss:  Are you happy of the results? (except for The Man with the Axe .. :laughga:)

2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

#5 – Oceanic Feeling: 7.88

Oceanic Feeling

Lowest Score: 6 - @huttont

Highest Score: 11 - @BlueRose

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

Really start loving this song when it picks up. The ending with the masculine voices is so gorgeous. I like how both the beginning song and ending one were very atmospheric. HOT: This song is so good and I really like it. I guess I can hear how it might not jive with the album and understand why it's not on there. HNG: Another really good one! Bought the Music Box just so I could have HQ of these two songs lol

so like from the first listen I think this became a top 5 lorde track for me... adore the way it progresses, lyrics here just get me in an introspective mood, like stoned at the nail salon. Instrumentation is a work of art and the cicada noises here were really neat. grateful for this offering. breath out and tune in.

That’s another song I need some time getting used to, but I’m warming up to it, just like Fallen Fruit. A good album closer, for sure. Some of the best lyrics on the album.

The perfect closer. The cicadas, the guitar... it encompasses the entire album and its consistent sound. A calming, true oceanic feeling.

Cute I guess, but this song is entirely too long to make me feel like it's lacking something yet it does.

Nice atmospheric and progressive song. I like the trip hop vibe, the sound design and effects.

I am not always in a mood to listen this track it's overall as a vibey song very good

ambitious, has verve, enjoyable, a tad too slow at first.

PERFECT ENDING THO THIS ALBUM WOW

the ending is nice

what are these scores in general??? I guess cant relate to music or  lyrics about stuff that havent experienced.

Pennywise

Sorry I missed it all, I was... busy let's just say that, but my faves won :tony:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Ororo Munroe
4 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Sorry I missed it all, I was... busy let's just say that, but my faves won :tony:

busy eating kids again? :partysick:

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Pennywise
15 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

busy eating kids again? :partysick:

I mean... does it count when I eat them they are not kids yet? :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Ororo Munroe
Just now, Pennywise said:

I mean... does it count when I eat them they are not kids yet? :billie:

prison, honey. :air:

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Roughhouse Dandy

Sorry for missing the ceremony :saladga: life sucks and I had to go deal with it.

I respect everyone's personal taste and opinions but Secrets from a Girl sitting pretty while Leader of a New Regime and The Man with the Axe rot feels like a targeted hate crime. 

Respectfully. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

SMILE2NE1

I fell asleep because it was the middle of the night :messga:

Thank you for leading and running this @alsemanche :party::heart:

I do have to say, I am pretty aligned with all the rankings :flutter: I do have a soft spot for Big Star and Man with the Axe though

Archived