Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Johnny Depp: "no one is safe" in cancel culture

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

YUJIfushiguro
1 hour ago, Healed My Heart said:

Neither of them are innocent in this, afaik they both were abusive to each other.

But please don't ever blame a woman (or any victim) for "causing" someone to abuse them.

Don't get me wrong i don't think depp is a saint in this situation at all. my intention wasn't to victim blame but more so to point out neither are exactly saints in this situation. i dont know the ins and outs of this situation and know one does really. the user i responded to seemed simplifying the whole ordeal too much for my liking hence why i pointed she also has had a big part to play in this. i don't think that is victim blaming its obvious they have both mistreated each other. just fyi im currently experiencing victim blaming from my nassistic and abusive dads whole side of the family. To me, my mother and my siblings so i defs dont need to be lectured on that.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hieronymus

Cancel Culture didn't really bring down his career. Overexposure from the Pirates movies and a bunch of horrible movie choices made people unenthusiastic about him. Then this scandal happened and made everything worse.

HardlyaSaint
7 hours ago, RahrahWitch said:

Your actions have consequences. Call it cancel culture but If it comes out that you did something shitty then don't get mad when people don't want to support you. The texts to his friend saying he wanted to drown, burn then f**k amber's burnt corpse is enough for me to never want to see a movie he's in again.

He said this?!?!?!? 

I’m in shock 

I mean hearing what she put him through I probably could understand where his frustration is coming from but it’s honestly sad that it’s coming from such a dark place and that she’s brought him to such a dark point. 

I think we tend to underestimate the affect women abusers have on men in heterosexual relationships. This is coming from a bisexual man who’s definitely ran into a few vultures before.

11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

He's right about "nobody" being safe. Because cancelling usually follow down the logic of "multiple unverified accusations = proof".

That's why cancel culture disproportionally affects marginalized people more than it does people like Johnny Depp. If you're a black trans women influencer with 10k followers... you're gonna feel it harder. Johnny Depp is not an example of "Look what cancellation can do, regardless of your status." He might be a victim of some online cruelty (that honestly... may even be warrented considering what has actually transpired.) He has lost out on ONE single movie role, and now he's back to collecting awards along with a "Woe is me, i got cancelled." sob story for everybody to listen to.

He is proof that people of a certain status don't have to give a single damn about what is going on on social media, while the regular plebians to semi-successful people ACTUALLY can have their entire livlihood robbed from them because of a false accusation, somebody twisting your words or maybe just... putting your foot into your mouth once. Not to mention the social isolation that people have to endure when they're ousted from a community that they depend on for mental support. He's in a position where a social media sh*t storm is nothingh but chewing gum under his shoe, so it comes across as kinda... tacky and opportunistic to weaponize this "cancel culture" BS for his media comeback.

Oh please, just because Johnny is a what you all call Cis WhItE mAN does not mean this man didn't go through suicidal thoughts, and bad alcoholism and had to struggle a lot during this awful period where a narcissist accused him of frivolous things while he got abused himself. It's not a competition of who suffers the most 

Sepsami
11 hours ago, RahrahWitch said:

Your actions have consequences. Call it cancel culture but If it comes out that you did something shitty then don't get mad when people don't want to support you. The texts to his friend saying he wanted to drown, burn then f**k amber's burnt corpse is enough for me to never want to see a movie he's in again.

tweeting the N word as a 15 year old back in 2011 tho- :air:

Roseblud Kisses

Oh, the irony of the GGD queens calling out cancel culture. Stan culture IS cancel culture :triggered:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

YUJIfushiguro
12 minutes ago, SkinniPussi said:

Oh, the irony of the GGD queens calling out cancel culture. Stan culture IS cancel culture :triggered:

yeh nah saying stan culture is cancel culture is a pretty broad statement. you could say internet culture is cancel culture. elaborate, otherwise ur just making some big generalisations 

18 hours ago, YUJIfushiguro said:

if u actually look into it ull see depp the one being abused. she was an extremely manipulative and toxic person that brought out the worst in depp.

They were both toxic, but he’s the only one who lost a battle publicly in court, which is why his career has suffered. 

And while I get where your coming from, “she brought out the worst in him” kinda sounds like you’re blaming her for his actions. 

YUJIfushiguro
9 hours ago, High King said:

They were both toxic, but he’s the only one who lost a battle publicly in court, which is why his career has suffered. 

And while I get where your coming from, “she brought out the worst in him” kinda sounds like you’re blaming her for his actions. 

I don't think he should be held any less accountable for his actions as they are ultimately his own and  he should have to take responsibility for that . However I don't think it unreasonable to say her influence didn't have a part to play in his emotional stability and vice versa him to her. I don't know if its all that fair to boil down his argument "you cant even beat your wife anymore".

Though it is true that its a lot harder to sympathise and understand someone  when they have been abusive. I know myself I find it a lot harder to empathise with manipulative people more then those who are typical drunk and violent abusers because I know the sort of awful things they can do to you psychologically and its not necessarily apparent to those on the outside. Regardless It wasn't my intention to make out as if he is absolved of guilt because of her part to play in the whole thing. I just thought u where being dismissive of both sides hence my comment. In this case I think its fair to say they where both abusing each other and we on the outside will not ever really know the extent of who's more or less guilty.

Archived