Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are we overlooking Tony’s star power?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Economy
5 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I didn't even know who he was until very recently... nobody of my family/friends etc. knows him, but EVERYONE knows Gaga (and some know Tony) :vegas:

Yeah but how well known u are has nothing to do with it. If ur famous long enough ppl will know who u are even if they arent ur fans or if they dont follow music because at some point or another they hear of u... it doesnt mean ur a hot seller anymore tho just cuz ur name is well recognized

I can garantee u more ppl have heard of Madonna, Barbara Streissand or Britney Spears than Olivia Rodrigo (many ppl over 25 are only now getting acquanted with who she is) but who do u think would sell more rn if they all released at once?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah but how well known u are has nothing to do with it. If ur famous long enough ppl will know who u are even if they arent ur fans or if they dont follow music because at some point or another they hear of u... it doesnt mean ur a hot seller anymore tho just cuz ur name is well recognized

I can garantee u more ppl have heard of Madonna, Barbara Streissand or Britney Spears than Olivia Rodrigo (many ppl over 25 are only now getting acquanted with who she is) but who do u think would sell more rn if they all released at once?

Yeah, of course it can be that way, but still Gaga and Tony are both known for many years in the industry - double the power...

I wouldn't underestimate this, because they already have solid fanbases and if the rollout is done properly it can work.

But we will see what happens anyway :vegas:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Economy
7 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Yeah, of course it can be that way, but still Gaga and Tony are both known for many years in the industry - double the power...

I wouldn't underestimate this, because they already have solid fanbases and if the rollout is done properly it can work.

But we will see what happens anyway :vegas:

I dont know how solid Tonys fan base is still tbh. Hes highly respected but thats different from being followed or faned over

His past releases were all involving collabs, its hard to know how much star power comes from Tony alone... and like I said Gaga isnt gonna shock anymore like last time cuz its the 2nd time shes doing it

Im not telling u it isnt gonna do well... im merely saying i dont think its gonna do as well as C2C

Its the same 2 stars in question as C2C but last time it raised eyebrows this time it wont. So same set of factors as last time minus 1 favourable factor :shrug:

Of course if i turn out to be wrong and eccessively pessimistic, then great, i dont care about being right, id rather be wrong about this. I just have a hard time seeing the same numbers being pulled a second time :enigma:

Mother of Puppies
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dont know how solid Tonys fan base is still tbh. Hes highly respected but thats different from being followed or faned over

His past releases were all involving collabs, its hard to know how much star power comes from Tony alone... and like I said Gaga isnt gonna shock anymore like last time cuz its the 2nd time shes doing it

Im not telling u it isnt gonna do well... im merely saying i dont think its gonna do as well as C2C

Its the same 2 stars in question as C2C but last time it raised eyebrows this time it wont. So same set of factors as last time minus 1 favourable factor :shrug:

Of course if i turn out to be wrong and eccessively pessimistic, then great, i dont care about being right, id rather be wrong about this. I just have a hard time seeing the same numbers being pulled a second time :enigma:

I don't expect it to be a major success just because it's jazz and not pop music... :oops: (it shouldn't even be compared because these r 2 different genres) but for the "jazz music scene" it will be successfull I believe... does anyone get what I'm saying? :bradley:

I don't even care about charts as long as I can enjoy it

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, Economy said:

From what I remember last time c2c was being sold in Starbuckses too 

so that’s minus 2 favorable factors 

Cheek+To+Cheek!28.jpg

please enlighten me to death

Taylucifer

honestly y'all might have more to worry about than Fearless, miss swift might be surprise releasing 1989:bon:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Economy
58 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I don't expect it to be a major success just because it's jazz and not pop music... :oops: (it shouldn't even be compared because these r 2 different genres) but for the "jazz music scene" it will be successfull I believe... does anyone get what I'm saying? :bradley:

I don't even care about charts as long as I can enjoy it

Well yeah i agree with that. I said the same thing. Im sure it will be successful.

Are people worried about Taylor's signed cds or RED? Because the signed cds won't overshadow L4S success and RED isn't coming till November :air:

Idk about Drake, I mean, from what I just looked at, it seems like the numbers are kind of going down, so maybe it won't get on the way.. :chica:

I think it will probably debut with around 100,000 copies, so I can see it being in the top 5 at least.. I also guess they're going to keep releasing new versions and bundles, to keep the sales rising; not to mention they're probably aiming to milk it as much as possible during this years christmas season :tony:

Overall, like other said, it will be the most successful jazz album atm, and it success will probably unfold on the long term

Meaning no disrespect to Tony, but... he had three top ten albums in the 1960's, then none until Duets in 2006. His first number one album was Duets II, his second was Cheek to Cheek... both featuring Gaga. His next album after C2C peaked at 96.

The star power is Gaga's. But it's more than enough.

I think we can expect around 100k units sold, it'll be tough to go #1. But not impossible. It really depends on how strong CLB stays, itll be in its 5th tracking week at that time and sales should be low enough to be competitive for Gaga/Tony to snatch it if their teams really try. I dont think we'll have to worry about Taylor shipping the physical units, though she will probably be in 3rd. 

1 hour ago, gabeoz said:

I think we can expect around 100k units sold, it'll be tough to go #1. But not impossible. It really depends on how strong CLB stays, itll be in its 5th tracking week at that time and sales should be low enough to be competitive for Gaga/Tony to snatch it if their teams really try. I dont think we'll have to worry about Taylor shipping the physical units, though she will probably be in 3rd. 

Taylor sold 102k vinyls and 69k signed cds for Evermore on a single week. She is definitely getting that Number 1. 

ChicaSkas
6 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

but he didn't have any cds, vinyls and cassettes

Not to mention 4 different album cover arts which broke me is trying to "catch em all". 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
4 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

From what I remember last time c2c was being sold in Starbuckses too 

so that’s minus 2 favorable factors 

Cheek+To+Cheek!28.jpg

That's the 2014 Starbucks bifold.  Those havent been in starbucks (at least in Cali) in absolute years. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived