💓 Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" 💓

society

Artist creates sculptures that slowly melt over time

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

urs-fischer-untitled-2011-5.jpg

Fischer's installation, which includes a meticulous recreation of Giambologna's late 16th-century sculpture Abduction of the Sabine Women, was adapted to the incredible heights of the Rotunda.

This focal point of the building was recently renovated by celebrated Japanese architect Tadao Ando. Fischer's sculpture is surrounded by several chairs and a curious onlooker who takes in the details. Everything is seemingly normal until one realizes that these are no ordinary sculptures—they're candles.

jsG9iBdhxkuaovNSk89v_1082095627.jpegurs-fischer-untitled-2011-3.jpg

At the beginning of the installation, each candle is lit. At that point, they're left to burn as long as the wick lasts. In a sort of performance, the installation evolves as each piece slowly melts away.

Over time, the installation evolves from realism toward abstraction in a sort of memento mori. While the piece can be melancholy, it's also incredibly fascinating to watch. Currently, the wicks are lit and the entire installation—or its liquified remains—will be on view until December 31, 2021.

SDvcRXtZa0GiM6mXLMmN_1082095538.jpegurs-fischer-untitled-2011-1.jpg2XfavXdutcT-O81eC-Qf_1082095668.jpegurs-fischer-untitled-2011-2.jpg

Source - https://mymodernmet.com/urs-fischer-bourse-de-commerce/

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 12
  • Shook 3
alsemanche

I love intentional art destruction. There's always something very eerie but very pleasing about it. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
Lumiere

what a nice concept

decay of the blonde popstar vibes

If you don't have any shadows, you're not standing in the LIGHT.
  • YAAAS 1
Michelle

I love this and a time lapse would be neat to see. 
very cool 😊

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley
enissa11
1 hour ago, Lumiere said:

what a nice concept

decay of the blonde popstar vibes

it's the same concept of the meat dress, yet so many like to dismiss it as attention seeking when it's even more artistic, radical and grotesque.

Mad Architect of Light
  • Like 1
Helxig

I love this for so many reasons. And it's such a simple idea but incredibly effective

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
RAMROD

:oprah:   I see sculptures let overtime before, in wedding banquets. There were like sculpt made of ice cube. 

Bug this one also cool.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ Not in denial, I am defiant (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡