Ronnie 6,109 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
flyaway 15,350 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 At the end of the day, what benefit would bring a rupture of an established agreement? It would mean more dead people and a more complex conflict involving once again the US. Sadly, this is something that will need to be solved differently. And the Afghan people will have to stand up for themselves. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ptay 7 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 I wonder how gaga feels now about supporting an incompetent president and wasted all that time telling everyone to vote for him. I want to hear what she has to say. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ptay 7 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 I wonder how gaga feels now about supporting an incompetent president and wasted all that time telling everyone to vote for him. I want to hear what she has to say. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gabeoz 7,915 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 11 minutes ago, Ptay said: I wonder how gaga feels now about supporting an incompetent president and wasted all that time telling everyone to vote for him. I want to hear what she has to say. Which one of y’all is too afraid to say this on your main Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jill 31,812 Posted August 16, 2021 Author Share Posted August 16, 2021 26 minutes ago, Ptay said: I wonder how gaga feels now about supporting an incompetent president and wasted all that time telling everyone to vote for him. I want to hear what she has to say. If delusion itself was a GGD user Former First Lady of the United States. Now card-carrying member of the Communist Party of China (CPC). Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
G U C C I 5,633 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 29 minutes ago, Ptay said: I wonder how gaga feels now about supporting an incompetent president and wasted all that time telling everyone to vote for him. I want to hear what she has to say. Incompetent president? He took full responsibility for his decision and explained in detail why it was made. Whether you agree with him or not, nothing was incompetent. The withdrawal could have been done a million and one different ways and the result would have been the same. The people of the country were surrounded by cowards who bowed down to the Taliban. I’m sure she is proud of her friend for how addressed the nation and showed true leadership after four years of treasons lies and manipulation of the willfully ignorant in this country. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tinnitus15 51,887 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 16 minutes ago, gabeoz said: Which one of y’all is too afraid to say this on your main @Jill release miss Jill from fbi’s basement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mister G 10,532 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 31 minutes ago, Ptay said: I wonder how gaga feels now about supporting an incompetent president and wasted all that time telling everyone to vote for him. I want to hear what she has to say. You could always ask her directly and see what she responds with. You could have asked her a half hour ago right when you joined here as well Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
palma 8,918 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 Absolutely disgusting. Women in Afghanistan are abandoned and are awaiting death or enslavement and y'all are saying that "tHeY nEeD tO deFenD tHemSeLves" US funded and helped establish Taliban WAY back, as they created this whole phenomenon of 'Islamic terrorism' as a precaution against Communism and when things started to get screwed up, they invaded the country, funded corrupt politicians instead and led this certain part of the world to ruin (in Afghanistan and many other places... People in Southern Iraq lack water to survive off as their irrigation system was destroyed and money sent by the States to re-establish it, of course, ended in the pockets of the govt officials). People trusted the US could bring some kind of stability to that hell. Women went to school, got jobs, became elected into office, only to find out one day they would be robbed of everything and every dream they once had. I AM NOT saying that its only America's fault. I am from a Muslim country that is increasingly under the threat of sectarianism and I frankly think what's wrong with this part of the world has to do with its own people. But please stop pretending the ultra-woke and liberal governments of the West did everything they could, alas they failed. The blood of those women are also on Biden's (and every US President in a long time for that matter) hands. You may feel better kidding yourself otherwise but it's the truth. Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BillieGOAT 5,272 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 39 minutes ago, G U C C I said: The withdrawal could have been done a million and one different ways and the result would have been the same. I want to respectfully push back on this point. A “million” withdrawals from Afghanistan could lead to many different outcomes. When the US withdrew from Afghanistan, there should have been more structure in place and more intentionality in how it exited so that the Afghan military could have maintained its position. That said, I don’t know what those systems should have been, since I’m certainly not an expert in military operations. With the result we’re seeing unfold, I can’t help but think of all of the lives lost fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan only for the country to still fall to them. In either case, my heart goes out to the people of Afghanistan. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
jimmytimestep 2,963 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 56 minutes ago, Jill said: If delusion itself was a GGD user ...wait, it's not? OT: I support our president, but this is a bloody stain in American foreign policy that will never be blotted out. We can throw as much bleach on it as possible, but it will stay forever. Very sad. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jill 31,812 Posted August 16, 2021 Author Share Posted August 16, 2021 11 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said: ...wait, it's not? OT: I support our president, but this is a bloody stain in American foreign policy that will never be blotted out. We can throw as much bleach on it as possible, but it will stay forever. Very sad. Let's not criticize Biden, one of the only potable politicians in the country powerful enough to be POTUS, over something that 1. didn't start with him, 2. wasn't meant to have a good outcome without more years of debilitating and unnecessary US control (but still highly unlikely given America's history with interventionism), 3. was an error to begin with. Yes, this is a bloody stain in American foreign policy, but almost everything America does abroad is a bloody stain. I haven't seen people complaining this much about the other hundreds of catastrophic regime changes the US has led over the years. This situation is very sad, of course, but we tend to overlook many other things while trying to defend the indefensible. Former First Lady of the United States. Now card-carrying member of the Communist Party of China (CPC). Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
jimmytimestep 2,963 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 2 minutes ago, Jill said: Let's not criticize Biden, one of the only potable politicians in the country powerful enough to be POTUS, over something that 1. didn't start with him, 2. wasn't meant to have a good outcome without more years of debilitating and unnecessary US control (but still highly unlikely given America's history with interventionism), 3. was an error to begin with. Yes, this is a bloody stain in American foreign policy, but almost everything America does abroad is a bloody stain. I haven't seen people complaining this much about the other hundreds of catastrophic regime changes the US has led over the years. This situation is very sad, of course, but we tend to overlook many other things while trying to defend the indefensible. NOT a criticism of Biden, sorry it came off that way. Truly its a critique of the evolution of American hyper-nationalism that was INTENSE in the late 80's. If anything, this is a criticism of both of the Bushes. though I'm not sure they are to blame either. we are seeing the side effects of this sense of hyper-imperialism that we as a country fetishized years ago. I'm mostly sad that Biden has to take the brunt of this bullsh*t. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roughhouse Dandy 13,935 Posted August 16, 2021 Share Posted August 16, 2021 The fact that this is on the country as a whole through multiple decades and yet people are bending over backwards to pin this on the one president who had the balls to *actually* pull out is unfortunate. Anyways, I really REALLY wish nothing but the best for the women and children who will continue to suffer because of our country's lengthy mistake. And I welcome the thousands of refugees with open arms 💜 This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.