go listen to stromaes then

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BleepBloop
53 minutes ago, Tobcho said:

hardly a sample, the lyrics are the same-ish too

EDIT: only stromae's are actually meaningful

it's a trashy party song, what about that do you not understand? You're acting as if it's trying to be this amazing, revolutionary piece of music:toofunny:

Ziggy
12 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Charli definitely hates boom clap and SUCKER lol

Yeah I mean...she doesn’t even need to say it. Just her saying that working with SOPHIE finally allowed her to make the music she always had envisioned and as anyone with ears can surmise, Boom Clap is...very not that :ladyhaha:

Should have used Vroom Vroom. It was literally the most boring lip sync ever. RaJah didn’t even look like she cared 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

salty like sodium
5 hours ago, Sneaky said:

ever heard of “sampling”?

Have you ? :huntyga: A sample is when you use part of a song to create a new song around it. If you just lift the entire instrumental, it's hardly a sample at that stage. No shade, they're very talented but saying that specific song is a bop is kinda weird when they barely added anything to the original material imo. 

Back on topic, It's kinda sad that they keep shoving Boom Clap down her throat when she wanted her more recent music to be used. I feel for her.

latina twilight

They should've gone for 1999 or Gone if they wanted a song that the GP could know and that it's actually representative of Charli. Not that GP matters tho :ohwell:

Also, I'm not here for the SUCKER slander :excuseu: sis has a lot of good bops, and Boom Clap could actually make a great lipsync if done by the comedy route tbh.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

latina twilight

Kameron and Rah'Jah would have eaten this :giveup: They did us dirty too

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

7 hours ago, Sneaky said:

it's a trashy party song, what about that do you not understand? You're acting as if it's trying to be this amazing, revolutionary piece of music:toofunny:

right? :toofunny:

And yes, it's a sample which they've gone and had fun with and the end result is a club banger which is being well received. it ain't that deep 

edit: top 5 on the UK iTunes. it's weird seeing Charli that high, not that I'm complaining :bear:

3 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

Have you ? :huntyga: A sample is when you use part of a song to create a new song around it. If you just lift the entire instrumental, it's hardly a sample at that stage. No shade, they're very talented but saying that specific song is a bop is kinda weird when they barely added anything to the original material imo. 

Back on topic, It's kinda sad that they keep shoving Boom Clap down her throat when she wanted her more recent music to be used. I feel for her.

how is finding this version a bop weird when I...thought the original back in the day was a bop too? :toofunny: 

Esteban
21 hours ago, Jase said:

stream this masterpiece which is gonna smash hard (here in the uk anyway) x

Cool but I'm gonna stream the original and better one ! :pray:

Edit: I didn't see some people here reacted to this, forget my comment

Tom Nook

I wonder if it’s because it was the only song they could get the rights to and is her only recognizable song second to her feature on Fancy :air:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

hieronymus
21 hours ago, Sneaky said:

They obviously had to choose a song that the GP is well accustomed to

Of course. Sugar Walls from last week is still so hot right now

Archived