💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyoncé’s mom accused Disney of racism then changed mind

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Fresco
10 minutes ago, rudumb said:

ew this was very “all lives matter” of you. 

It's called thinking with empathy, putting yourself in anothers shoes and trying to see things from their viewpoint. No-one here is selecting a group of people and saying that their life does not matter, no-one. Are you saying some lives don't matter?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography

disney is indeed racist but i don’t think what happened to BiK is a product of that 

4 minutes ago, Fresco said:

It's called thinking with empathy, putting yourself in anothers shoes and trying to see things from their viewpoint. No-one here is selecting a group of people and saying that their life does not matter, no-one. Are you saying some lives don't matter?

are you acting oblivious intentionally? should beyonce care how white people feel about the title of her visual album that literally tells the story of a...black. king...? it’s a story about the african diaspora and black identity, not a diss to anyone who’s not black. get a grip. if you hate the fact beyonce unapologetically expresses her blackness, you can just say that, instead of that “well, if a white person...” nonsense.  

StrawberryBlond

I'm so confused. If I remember rightly, this got a lot of promo, it was the most talked about piece of media for a while. This is a film for an album that flopped, an album that only Beyonce's superfans know and care about and judging by the sales, even a lot of them didn't buy it. It's a miracle that such a project got any kind of traction based on that album's performance. It was nominated for 6 Grammys and won 2 in a year when Beyonce hadn't put out any new music. Seeing as she's a singer, it's music-based awards that she should be striving for the most. It got nominated quite well for other awards and won as well. The various awards committees have different tastes and aren't all moved by the same thing. No one should ever feel entitled to awards. Her last 2 studio albums worked with this lack of promo thing she has going on but her collab album with Jay proved this wasn't going to be a hat trick. And The Gift proved this was certainly not a trick you could pull off 4 times. I think she's having difficulty facing up to the reality that the fans and public are tiring of her lack of promo, refusal to do interviews, sudden drops of a project without warning yet expecting everyone to snap to it and purchase it blindly. The world wants a relatable, accessible star and in Beyonce's case, they definitely want solo studio albums, no collabs with artists they don't like and no irrelevant soundtrack albums. Literally nobody was asking for this film, but it got critical acclaim and some awards. Beyonce and her entire team should be grateful, all things considered.

Economy
13 hours ago, rudumb said:

why do so many gaga fans specifically have a problem with they hype surrounding beyonce? if it were gaga, you wouldn’t care. beyonce certainly has the talent to justify her adoration, so i fail to see the issue. you don’t care that critics & award committees could be overlooking her art simply because she already has so many awards? what kind of weird logic...& anyway, there’s certainly excessive amounts of hype for anything gaga or taylor do if we’re honest. to be even more honest, a lot of gaga’s live performances have been pretty cringe, yet people still love them.

Because theres way more deserving ppl of awards than there are awards to give. Most pieces of work will fall thru the cracks and get snubbed

So my logic is that since getting subbed is the most normal thing ever because the overwhelming majority of deserving projects dont get it, if uve won awards countless times over ppl who also deserve awards and never got a chance im not gonna feel sorry for u when u do get snubbed. Cuz pretty much everyone gets snubbed, at least shes won lots and lots and lots in addition to praise

GipJo

It's just not my cup of tea, I appreciate what it's doing but I don't want to watch it. The promo is the maximum what Disney could have done, so I don't know about "lack of promotion".

zakariah

it’s simply getting repetitive tbh, like i get the whole ‘embracing your culture’ thing but i miss when she was more experimental with her music

Fresco
43 minutes ago, rudumb said:

@rudumb you need to stop with putting words in my mouth that I did not say. The movie title is horrible. Period.

2 minutes ago, Fresco said:

@rudumb you need to stop with putting words in my mouth that I did not say. The movie title is horrible. Period.

what you said was

I doubt anyone would be expected to release something called White is King for wide release to gp non-supremicists. so why should they for Black is King.

like i said, it’s giving very much “if white people can’t do it, why can black people?”

if you’ve seen the project, you should know it’s not at all divisive or controversial in the way you’re implying it is just because of its title. period. 

Lextyr97
3 hours ago, RainingOnMe said:

She didn't lie. :shrug:

I literally saw promo on EVERYTHING for Black is King

SMILE2NE1

This was everywhere and got so much attention. She's bloody Beyonce and this was on the front of DisneyPlus for the longest time. Pulling the racist card has become the standard self-serving bias of modern times. People online don't even need to be convinced anymore, they are literally waiting for next bandwagon. 

Galagala

Beyonce and her "payola" image just got deeper in my mind.

I rolled my eyes when I saw this "blaming everything to racism" thing. Black is King is not a regular movie project that would have the promos she said lol.

Joaco95
4 hours ago, Economy said:

But i dont feel sorry for Beyonce across the board. When it comes to winning eccessive praise and awards for taking a fart shes literally the it girl for that. Even Gaga and Adele and Taylor Swift cant match her

Wtf are you talking about?

Both Adele and Taylor got grammy's album of the year twice for pretty basic pop albums along with main categories grammys meanwhile beyonce keep winning just on the r&b/urban categories

Archived