💓 Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" 💓

sports

The travesty of the LA28 Olympics logo

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Possibly the biggest downgrade in modern Olympic logo history.

They went from this…

29-BD03-EC-E076-4668-AC8-C-0-FA431-EC182

To this…

24758-CDF-7-E5-B-4-F64-BEB4-722-A574-FCB

And they probably won’t change it because the official logo is selected 5+ years in advance. :cyanlights:

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 4
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LateToCult

• Sneaky Oliver

• 053Timo

• lilboyblue

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh that first one is a bit bleh Loving the revised ones 

Possibly the biggest downgrade in modern Olympic logo history. They went from this… To this…   And they probably won’t change it because the official logo is selected 5

The first one was great because it was clean and had a theme of an angel cgasing the sun. The new ones are so bad. They literally just have a Jaguar head for one. 

LateToCult
Just now, G Y P S Y said:

Tbh that first one is a bit bleh

Loving the revised ones :enigma:

The first one was great because it was clean and had a theme of an angel cgasing the sun. The new ones are so bad. They literally just have a Jaguar head for one. :cyanlights:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
JGD
3 minutes ago, G Y P S Y said:

Tbh that first one is a bit bleh

Loving the revised ones :enigma:

I agree.  The first one is generic, but the revised ones are more suitable since LA is a massively diverse city and a melting pot of different cultures.

Edited by JGD
  • Like 3
LateToCult
Just now, sarahb said:

The original was just their logo for their bid

Yes. It says on the image.

HIM820

Okay SOME of the A choices aren’t that bad actually… 

but what the hell is the one on Wikipedia?!?! I hate that one! 

LateToCult
2 minutes ago, JGD said:

I agree.  The first one is generic, but the revised ones are more suitable since LA is a massively diverse city and a melting pot of different cultures.

The intention is there but half of them have 0 connection to the city or the people. It’s just a random A someone drew up and gave to the committee because they were asked to.

• Like 1
thisguyN

I love the current one. Much more meaningful, and on par with current design trends. The first one looks cheesy imho, and also very 3D and unreplicable which are the treats designers avoid these days. 

Edited by thisguyN
  • Thanks 3
Aussie
5 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

The first one was great because it was clean and had a theme of an angel cgasing the sun. The new ones are so bad. They literally just have a Jaguar head for one. :cyanlights:

I disagree. The same arguments where made for the wacky British one but ended up being one of my favourites through how it was used. The new LA ones seem MUCH nicer than the angel one IMO. It’s not sharp, cool or modern enough to represent 21st century LA.

053Timo

The first one was so outdated. Their new logo is modern and bold! Would love to see how they use it. 

Their new logo was received with rave reviews by designers all over the world. Something previous organizing countries did not succeed to do. 

Edited by 053Timo
  • Like 1
LateToCult
1 minute ago, 053Timo said:

The first one was so outdated. Their new logo is modern and bold! Would love to see how they use it. 

I definitely wasn’t expecting them to keep the 2024 bid logo but I whole heartedly disagree that the new logos are bold. The idea to have multiple is but the end results are very underwhelming. 

Doily Skull

I mean, I see where they’re going and I don’t HATE it, it’s a very cute concept. 

badfaith

The second one is better but lacks execution. If they were more better drawn and designed, I think it would be way better.