Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The Weeknd Says He's "Sober Lite"

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

Demi's 'California Sober', ha impact :poot:

Happy Joy GIF by The Weeknd

The Weeknd Said He's "Sober Lite" After Realizing That He Doesn't "Need" To Use Hard Drugs, And I'm Happy For Him

"Drugs were a crutch. It was me thinking that I needed it."

The Weeknd has talked about his substance use a few times over the years. Back in 2015, the singer, whose given name is Abel Tesfaye, spoke briefly about addiction in a Rolling Stone interview.

"I never needed detox or anything. But I was addicted in the sense of '****, I don't want to spend this day without getting high,'" he said at the time, and later told The Guardian that he'd relied on certain substances as "a crutch" in the past.

During the earlier part of 2020, the musician described his relationship with drugs as "off-and-on" in an interview with CR Men's Issue 10. He said using them wasn't all-consuming for him, and, in fact, sometimes assisted his creative process.

Now, as he prepares to launch new music — The Weeknd teased an upcoming track, "The Dawn Is Coming," on Instagram this morning — he opened up again about alcohol and drug consumption in an interview with GQ.

I like sober lite," he said in the interview, describing his current habits and noting that while he drinks and smokes occasionally, hard drugs are no longer part of his lifestyle.

Continued here...

https://www-buzzfeed-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/emilymaeczachor/the-weeknd-sober-lite-not-using-hard-drugs?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16279395567372&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzfeed.com%2Femilymaeczachor%2Fthe-weeknd-sober-lite-not-using-hard-drugs

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, GodofLove said:

yaassss go weed

Cheers :classy:

very happy for him. I remember reading when they were legalizing weed that it would serve as a "gateway drug" but in my opinion I actually think it is the opposite. It serves as a softer / safer alternative for a lot of ppl and turns them off of harder drugs which is great!

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, dit said:

very happy for him. I remember reading when they were legalizing weed that it would serve as a "gateway drug" but in my opinion I actually think it is the opposite. It serves as a softer / safer alternative for a lot of ppl and turns them off of harder drugs which is great!

Oh yeah I definitely think my sobriety would be more challenging without weed. Idk how some people abstain from everything, kudos to them :pray:

tylerjs

Not defending or stanning demi but when they said the same thing didn’t they get a lot of **** for it :ohwell:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, soularpower said:

Not defending or stanning demi but when they said the same thing didn’t they get a lot of **** for it :ohwell:

Basically yes, but the public recognizes Demi as female presenting so the misogyny will follow them, unfortunately.

weed
15 minutes ago, GodofLove said:

yaassss go weed

thanks queen!

Dr Fudge

I struggle with substance abuse so this resonates with me. I hope to be able to achieve that kind of clarity and discipline.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

BlingNotTheMusic
26 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

I struggle with substance abuse so this resonates with me. I hope to be able to achieve that kind of clarity and discipline.

We're in the same boat sis :huntyga:

Archived