💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

VMAS Debut Moon Persons

Stupid Oreo

Featured Posts

SKANK

Awkward name, but at least they are trying.

It’s an honor to stan 18 time Astro-naut-binary Award winner Lady Gaga. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911
31 minutes ago, GovernmentGaga said:

Wait a few years. The term “person” will be protested for not being inclusive enough. The statue will be redesigned and renamed “Moon Being”.

Dear gawd. This is coming from a place of such bad faith. Why do so many of y'all have a problem with making things more neutral??

It's literally no different from making stories have more respresentatiom by having gay couples and more gay/bi/queer characters. To reflect the times and demonstrate there's more than just hetero or cis people.

Somehow a GAGA fansite of all places has so many ignorant people against progressive, inclusive ideas :saladga:

sarahb
12 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Major DISLIKE!

What's so wrong about updating with the times and being more inclusive? Get over it.

The design is super ugly though!

I still don't get it, what was wrong with a statue being gendered in the first place? Why can't it be a man? Not everything has to be gender neutral. 

It's things like this that makes the left and genuine progressive issues harder to take seriously. 

Gagaloo911
2 minutes ago, sarahb said:

I still don't get it, what was wrong with a statue being gendered in the first place? Why can't it be a man? Not everything has to be gender neutral. 

It's things like this that makes the left and genuine progressive issues harder to take seriously. 

Sounds like a personal problem. Not on me or those of us who don't see a problem with it to educate you or make you understand.

Educate yourself. There's this thing called Google.

And as for your last ridiculous statement,maybe look in the mirror and ask yourself if you actually are even left or progressive if you take issue with this but want to see other representation. 

Obviously MTV doing this isn't going to change or really do anything as it's mostly symbolic, but to make a ridiculous argument that it's this that makes the left harder to take seriously says more about you than anything.

IllusionLover

The 2015 one remains superior

holding-jeremy-scott-moon-man.jpg 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

sarahb
4 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Sounds like a personal problem. Not on me or those of us who don't see a problem with it to educate you or make you understand.

Educate yourself. There's this thing called Google.

And as for your last ridiculous statement,maybe look in the mirror and ask yourself if you actually are even left or progressive if you take issue with this but want to see other representation. 

Obviously MTV doing this isn't going to change or really do anything as it's mostly symbolic, but to make a ridiculous argument that it's this that makes the left harder to take seriously says more about you than anything.

I'm not left or progressive because I believe that statues are allowed to represent a certain gender sometimes, interesting.

I've already got a brother that thinks the left wing is ruining society and things like this is exactly something he'd quote as an example of it. So yes I know first hand that things like this does make it harder to take progressive issues seriously. 

I cant be the only one who LOVES this revamp

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Gagaloo911
17 minutes ago, sarahb said:

I'm not left or progressive because I believe that statues are allowed to represent a certain gender sometimes, interesting.

I've already got a brother that thinks the left wing is ruining society and things like this is exactly something he'd quote as an example of it. So yes I know first hand that things like this does make it harder to take progressive issues seriously. 

You're not left or progressive because you refuse to educate yourself or inform yourself and understand why it could be important and a good thing to represent inclusivity when you have the internet at your fingertips and expect others to do this for you.

sarahb
12 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

You're not left or progressive because you refuse to educate yourself or inform yourself and understand why it could be important and a good thing to represent inclusivity when you have the internet at your fingertips and expect others to do this for you.

I am a woman, was I also supposed to be offended by them calling it a man? Was I supposed to care that the astronaut didn't represent my gender? I genuinely don't get what the problem was. What am I googling?
'Why statues shouldn't be gendered'
'Why moon man is offensive'
'How do I see Moon Person as not a clunky and awful name compared to Moon Man' 

Joshie S

Wow I'm totally surprised at the amount of hate and disgusting comments in this thread.:triggered:

I know that I'm on GGD, I know.:huntyga:

ANYWAY... trying to spread some positivity amongst you angry gheys:enigma:

The re-design is lovely I think the sentiment is beautiful and is well designed.

As for the new name, great! Why can't it be a Moon woman?! It makes sense for it to now be called a Moon Person. (women win more awards anyway):vegas:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

ModernEcstasy
7 minutes ago, sarahb said:

I am a woman, was I also supposed to be offended by them calling it a man? Was I supposed to care that the astronaut didn't represent my gender? I genuinely don't get what the problem was. What am I googling?
'Why statues shouldn't be gendered'
'Why moon man is offensive'
'How do I see Moon Person as not a clunky and awful name compared to Moon Man' 

The way I’m seeing it, is that if it is now a “Moon Person”, then the receiver is able to decide for themselves whether or not it is gendered. 
e.g. Gaga wins a moon person and posts something like “Thank you for my Moon Person. She’s beautiful”

I like this idea 🥰

sarahb
1 minute ago, ModernEcstasy said:

The way I’m seeing it, is that if it is now a “Moon Person”, then the receiver is able to decide for themselves whether or not it is gendered. 
e.g. Gaga wins a moon person and posts something like “Thank you for my Moon Person. She’s beautiful”

I like this idea 🥰

Can they at least make the name less ugly :selena:

Bradley

I admire their intentions but Person is not the word. It would've sounded less contrived if they just gave it a new name.

Archived