đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Chromatica Remix Slated for Summer Release

Jill

Featured Posts

thehanyo

Does anyone else think it's weird that L4S is dropping the day AFTER the Grammy submissions deadline? They're trying for 2023 Grammys? 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VoidTwo
38 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Does anyone else think it's weird that L4S is dropping the day AFTER the Grammy submissions deadline? They're trying for 2023 Grammys? 

They're not trying for anything, it's just a gift for jazz fans and a huge celebration for Tony Bennett regardless of the awards

Gaga2645
9 minutes ago, VoidTwo said:

They're not trying for anything, it's just a gift for jazz fans and a huge celebration for Tony Bennett regardless of the awards

This. I’m so tired of fans thinking everything she puts out is supposed to be a commercial success. Like when are they not going to realize gaga is comfortable with the music industry now. All of that strategy is being put into her acting career now. 

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, thehanyo said:

Pretty sure they’re not trynna put it in for the Grammys sis 

thehanyo
38 minutes ago, VoidTwo said:

28 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

This. I’m so tired of fans thinking everything she puts out is supposed to be a commercial success. Like when are they not going to realize gaga is comfortable with the music industry now. All of that strategy is being put into her acting career now. 

1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Pretty sure they’re not trynna put it in for the Grammys sis 

Gaga has NEVER been an indie artist. She's always explicitly stated she chose pop because it could reach as many people as possible.

And if you don't think she likes Grammys and Oscars, why the hell does she campaign so hard for them?

Sorry, but ya'll are being naive. As if Interscope doesn't want awards and success lol.

gbrldiniz

I can't stop thinking about this damn remixes ever since the day Charli and blood pop first interacted about this

ProfessionalClown
3 hours ago, thehanyo said:

Gaga has NEVER been an indie artist. She's always explicitly stated she chose pop because it could reach as many people as possible.

And if you don't think she likes Grammys and Oscars, why the hell does she campaign so hard for them?

Sorry, but ya'll are being naive. As if Interscope doesn't want awards and success lol.

I’m saying I doubt they’re gonna market this album which is more than anything just a celebration of Tony for the Grammys. Ay dios mio 

Tinnitus15
9 minutes ago, gbrldiniz said:

I can't stop thinking about this damn remixes ever since the day Charli and blood pop first interacted about this

Same :toofunny:

Ziggy
3 hours ago, thehanyo said:

She campaigns for the grammy’s?...:huh:

Serious question since I can’t think how she really does. ASIB was a little different since that was her first movie and for a different label, but otherwise, does she really campaign for it?

i also think L4s is a little different in that the performances this week are the only promotion it’s really getting. C2C was a much bigger push but I think this one is really just going out to get it out ASAP before Tony gets sicker.

monketsharona

My feeling is that Lady Gaga wanted to scrap the jazz album before Tony's management started to wish to make it his final thing.

In an interview I think Tony's wife said they reach out to her asking her to release the album and she was like 'ok let's do it !' 

Not sure she was really confident in releasing this album before Tony's team gave her some reasons to make it. I mean in otherwise why holding it for 3 years. 

thehanyo
20 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Serious question since I can’t think how she really does. ASIB was a little different since that was her first movie and for a different label, but otherwise, does she really campaign for it?

i also think L4s is a little different in that the performances this week are the only promotion it’s really getting. C2C was a much bigger push but I think this one is really just going out to get it out ASAP before Tony gets sicker.

I should clarify that when I say "campaign," I mean within the industry, not to the general public.

She campaigned hard for her first Globe. She gave private performances to the Hollywood Foreign press (which is part of the reason why they got cancelled) and she did a million events and press interviews for ASIB. That's why we have the 100 people in a room meme. Interscope has regularly purchased FYC media buys as well.

This album has been planned for years. We knew Tony wanted to do a Cole Porter album with her, and they recorded it a while ago. So they would have released it a while ago if they didn't want to be strategic about it.

Omegahedron

Not followed this thread but surely they wouldn't do it this summer now L4S is priming for launch?

I can imagine this as some promo for the World Tour next year (please god! )

Tinnitus15
7 minutes ago, Omegahedron said:

Not followed this thread but surely they wouldn't do it this summer now L4S is priming for launch?

I can imagine this as some promo for the World Tour next year (please god! )

L4S is coming in October I think there’s no problem to release it this summer 

James Gibson
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

ASIB soundtrack was released by Interscope and they did plenty of Grammy campaign in fall 2019. Billboards, FYC ads in magazines and such. Granted that was also extended to their other artists like Billie.

And lets not forget Gaga did the Grammy Preview Edition for Billboard just last year. This magazine is distributed to every Grammy voter.

At the same time she doesnt need it anymore she still appreciates and values what that award means.

Gaga2645
23 hours ago, thehanyo said:

Delusion, Delusion I tell you. 
Reaching as many people does not equate to wanting as many awards as possible. Ever since Gaga established herself she has been chill and indifferent about wether or not things are mainstream success. She’s always been open about this. Saying you want to reach as many people as possible does not equate to wanting everything to be #1 for 800 weeks at a time.

Like are y’all really expecting this Jazz album to be #1 for so many consecutive weeks?? The single was literally randomly dropped, this is purely just for tony’s farewell from performing. 
worms pon di brain mamas

Archived