Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Reality
Just now, ConnorFilm said:

Also, Grace Randolph dragged this film judging from the summary next to her review on RT's page. I hope this stays fresh in spite of her honestly. Her film opinions are so annoying. I remember she trashed the new Suicide Squad film for no reason other than the fact that she has mixed options on James Gunn

She's very hit or miss imo. When you agree with her opinions, you REALLY agree with her, but then there are other times (like the The Suicide Squad example you just mentioned) where you're like, "What the f*ck are you talking about???"

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smitherz
8 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Many reviews criticize the script for abandoning Gaga's role in third act which is a totally invalid criticism. This movie isn't called Black Window, it's called House Of Gucci for a god damn reason! Why do these reviewers don't get their work done before going into screening? It's really unprofessional.

As someone who’s seen the film, it’s honestly a completely fair critique…

ConnorFilm
Just now, Reality said:

She's very hit or miss imo. When you agree with her opinions, you REALLY agree with her, but then there are other times (like the The Suicide Squad example you just mentioned) where you're like, "What the f*ck are you talking about???"

I still am baffled how hard she defended the new GI JOE spin-off film earlier this summer. She certainly doesn't follow the crowd in terms of her options, so good for her I suppose. lol. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

PaoloGucci

PLEASE DO NOT WATCH NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE. It'll make them the most watched.

I don't care about Grace. She said this was going to be hit with rotten right off the bad. She was exaggerating.

It feels like some critics have wrong expectations for this movie, they were expecting a story of revenge starring Lady Gaga, but it turned out to be a family story about betrayal and jealousy 

Reality
Just now, ConnorFilm said:

I still am baffled how hard she defended the new GI JOE spin-off film earlier this summer. She certainly doesn't follow the crowd in terms of her options, so good for her I suppose. lol. 

I didn't watch Snake Eyes, but from the trailers, it seems like something I wouldn't enjoy lol

She also hated on episode 8 of WandaVision and like GIRL THAT WAS THE BEST EPISODE WHAT THE FUUUUUCK :giveup: 

🃏🖤👹

ConnorFilm

We'll have a better idea where this will end up on RT once it crosses 100 reviews. Right now, it's so early and only has 30-ish reviews counted. 

Reality
1 minute ago, PaoloGucci said:

PLEASE DO NOT WATCH NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE. It'll make them the most watched.

I don't care about Grace. She said this was going to be hit with rotten right off the bad. She was exaggerating.

I mean, it is at 66% right now...If it was like at an 85-90, then sure she was exaggerating, but it's clear that a portion of the critics did not like this movie.

🃏🖤👹

ConnorFilm
2 minutes ago, Reality said:

I mean, it is at 66% right now...If it was like at an 85-90, then sure she was exaggerating, but it's clear that a portion of the critics did not like this movie.

I remember on GoldDerby, a user and I went through 30 or so critic reviews that were posted on Letterboxd before the Thursday fan showings began. I remember this user took all the ratings we found and it averaged to a 68%. We shall see how much that number changes as the sample size of critics grow. I always expected this to get either lukewarm or mixed reviews because of the satirical tone that Ridley chose to adapt. I think a good number of critics wanted this to be a serious, gritty crime drama. 

Sarah H

I reckon it will end up at about 60%, which I expected to be honest. It seemed like a film which would divide opinions. At least Gaga is praised by pretty much everyone. 

ConnorFilm

The Wrap didn't like it. Ugh. Three negative reviews on MC now. It's at 61. :( 

Nosferatu
2 minutes ago, PaoloGucci said:

Grace praised Gaga a lot on her review though

Biagio2103

Well, reading the reviews, pretty much every critic is saying that the script is the problem, since the main plot (which is the assassination) is not thrilling at all, but overall they're saying positive things about the acting, cinematography, costumes and production design.

I'm only good at being bad

Archived