Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ConnorFilm
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

Let’s hope the next 5 are positive 

It looks like it’s staying at 59% on MC, so now we just have to make sure it stays fresh on RT. I really would love if it could stay above 65 on RT 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

I just watched house of Gucci today. These are my thoughts if you care, and beware im not a biased person, i dont care if I love Gaga i would never force myself to like something just bcs she's in it, if it's good it's good if it's bad it's bad that's how I work in my world. If you're offended not my problem it's my review and my perspective.

The movie itself/plot: I loved how it turned out, I didn't know the story super well so I was waiting for the climax of the movie, which is the murder. But also to learn more about the characters. I liked the transitions at first but then it bothered me at one point in the ski scene because (I won't spoil) but I didn't understand the sudden change in the rship between Patrizia and Maurizio, so it seemed sudden and out of left field but then the next scenes he explains his reasons, but it was still a bit weird also when I'd suddenly realize it's the 90s, mostly knew that from the kid who grew up pretty fast. It entertained me which to me is my number 1 criteria for a movie, if it doesn't entertain me I'm just not pleased. But I have to say, although I enjoyed myself, when it was the climax and end of the movie I realized oh wow, that's it. The crime has been done and it's the end and the movie said nothing. What I mean is, the writers and director didn't try to find themes and Gaga talked about it in red carpets saying there are different themes in the movie but I personally didn't find any. It's a very matter of fact movie that will show you the different events as they happened, but it didn't try to find a certain interesting point of view. For example with AHS versace or ACS OJ, they couldve easily just shown the events as they happened, but instead the ending had such an impact because they decided to go with themes of success vs failure, homophobia, society's role in creating a psychopath, race in america, media scrunity vs reality, public image vs private image etc so much so that by the end when Andrew Cunanan (Spoiler alert) was laying down on his bed, dead, as he shot himself with the sound of the police sirens going off to find him in a pathetic state, it had an impact. This was the story of a broken man who longed for acceptance in a world that didn't accept people like him, even his father didn't, and the pressure of success, the glitter and glamour of it caused him to kill someone who was not that different from him, out of what? jealousy? so much deeper than that, the outside chaos truly manifested itself in his real world. It was a beautiful tragic ending that wrapped everything up in a bow. But in House of Gucci, the ending was just an ending. It showed you what happened, but it didn't say anything. They always say you can elevate a movie by saying something to your audience, and I wish it did that. I didn't see it in the movie at all, if you did good for you.

Gaga as an actress:  Brillant actress, I have nothing more to say. Gaga is a good actress, I could forget it was Gaga and to me that shows she's a good one. She didn't disappoint at all, I'm looking forward for more roles from her.

Jared Leto:  I just needed to talk about him because he was a real joy to watch. Even if sometimes he was a tad too much and over the top, I found him to be the most entertaining in the whole movie, and one of the best transformation I've seen, his chemistry with Al Pacino was also so amazing and I'm glad he had many scenes because it was just amazing to watch. 

Sex scene: Amazing y'all

:ladyhaha:

My rate

7.5/10

It's not a movie I would rewatch but it was still good and Im very proud of Gaga for being a true actress now, I really applaud her work 

ConnorFilm
34 minutes ago, Meat said:

Let’s hope the next 5 are positive 

Negative ones just keep on rolling in. Why can’t we just win for once?!? 😒

I'm impatiently waiting to watch it this weekend with some friends. There seems to be a lot of hype about it!

I also think it's better that the movie won't have perfect reviews. Gaga wants to be known as an actress, and no great actress starred only in critically acclaimed movies. It's part of being an actor, standing out with your acting is more important.

ThatCanadian

RT down to 63%...7 rotten in a row and half of them aren't even reputable film sources

dear god we're screwed 

17 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Don’t base your personal successes on this 

This forum is sad. That’s all I have to say. It’s really sad. I’m literally on GGD because I love Gaga and art and I really just want to see people discussing art. Instead it’s a bunch of stans acting so incredibly miserable. I guess this is Stan culture? I don’t like it and I really do think so many stans are pathetic. I know it’s harsh but it’s true. Who really judges their own worth over critic reviews of a critically acclaimed musician and actress? The critic reviews also mostly say she’s a great actress! Seriously it’s time to take out the trash here but it’s everywhere. 

MadreMonster

The only super redeemable quality of this movie is Gaga. Without her the movie is incredibly forgettable and drags.

Gaga will for sure get a nom and cement her place as a reputable actor.

26 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

I wonder if they saw the audience score and were like "nope, not happening"

ConnorFilm
Just now, Dennis said:

I wonder if they saw the audience score and were like "nope, not happening"

I know there are still positive reviews from Vanity Fair and other pubs to come, so maybe it’s just bad luck that we are getting an influx of negative reviews this morning. 

3 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

I know there are still positive reviews from Vanity Fair and other pubs to come, so maybe it’s just bad luck that we are getting an influx of negative reviews this morning. 

If I remember correctly RT did the same for ASIB... it was like 93 and in a row it was 87 and we all like WTF? 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Archived