Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Jennie Kim

I believe HOG will open at #3 with $20M+, behind Encanto and Ghostbusters 2nd week. We have to take into account the Rated-R rating and holiday.

Praying for a B+ Cinemascore.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer

Grace predicts the film will get a Rotten Tomato (1:33). 

Not saying that she's an accurate source (she isn't), but y'all should brace yourselves for a possible not good score tomorrow.

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, Sorceress said:

Not saying that she's an accurate source (she isn't), but y'all should brace yourselves for a possible not good score tomorrow.

I hope that Rolling Stone piece will keep the fans from losing their sh*t on critics...but that might be wishing for too much. But the movie-and Gaga-does not need Daily Beast, etc. pieces on "bully fans."

IDK, I'm fairly realistic and I do think it will end up fresh..but barely. It seems like the sort of film the more low level critics might embrace even if the top critics dislike it. I could see it ending up around 65% on RT. I will say I won't be surprised if the first several reviews uploaded to RT are negative, though, and yeah..that won't be great if FilmUpdates or something tweets 'debuts with 10%' (granted, I swear the person behind FilmUpdates loves Gaga so maybe they'll hold off and not do that (they often tweet out RT scores even if only a few reviews have been loaded))

ConnorFilm
13 minutes ago, Sorceress said:

I watched this and she's totally making a prediction based on her own feelings towards the film. A score in the 50s can def happen, but we've had respected critics like David Sims, David Ehrlich, Matt Lynch and Mick LaSalle all give the film a pass. I still think a score in the 60s is still in the cards. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

LilyLark
10 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

I watched this and she's totally making a prediction based on her own feelings towards the film. A score in the 50s can def happen, but we've had respected critics like David Sims, David Ehrlich, Matt Lynch and Mick LaSalle all give the film a pass. I still think a score in the 60s is still in the cards. 

I think Courtney Howard might be doing the review for Variety (I haven't seen the other critics who often write for Variety tweet about it, but she did) and she liked it....

Jennie Kim

It's very possible the movie gets a score in the 50s but I still think it can reach 62-65.

Even The Eyes of Tammy Faye and Respect managed to reach 67.

PaoloGucci
2 minutes ago, Jennie Kim said:

It's very possible the movie gets a score in the 50s but I still think it can reach 62-65.

Even The Eyes of Tammy Faye and Respect managed to reach 67.

This. I don't get how those 2 movies can end up with higher scores than an actually entertaining movie like HoG. I just don't get it.

ThatCanadian

I'm getting a really bad feeling. I wasn't expecting a great RT or MC, probably in the low 60s, MAYBE high 50s....now i'm really nervous it's going to fall into the 40s or even worse....the 30s :bradley:

i'll give away my first born for a decent score omg

Jennie Kim
16 minutes ago, PaoloGucci said:

This. I don't get how those 2 movies can end up with higher scores than an actually entertaining movie like HoG. I just don't get it.

Exactly,  both of these movies are being carried by their lead's performance. Andrew Garfield wasn't good in TEOTF and the movie wasn't entertaining. Respect had some questionable acting moments like that scene of Aretha running off the stage not to mention Jhud sounds NOTHING like Aretha.

Unfortunately, critics know having a edgy opinion on HOG/Gaga will give them clicks, so everybody better be prepared for the worst. Like, the fact that her accent is being analyzed to death but Adam's is barely being mentioned at all is hilarious.

HOG might be the punching bag of the season and we'll have to deal with it. And if a smear campaign happens, I can see SAG members seeing right through it and giving the actors love.

That being said, don't take Grace Randolph serious, she's entertaining but her opinions are far from the truth of the gospel 

Jennie Kim
3 minutes ago, ThatCanadian said:

I'm getting a really bad feeling. I wasn't expecting a great RT or MC, probably in the low 60s, MAYBE high 50s....now i'm really nervous it's going to fall into the 40s or even worse....the 30s :bradley:

i'll give away my first born for a decent score omg

No way this will happen, I think 50 is the worst case scenario.

LilyLark
51 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

MGM's been weird with embargoes in general. I'm really curious about Licorice Pizza. I know it's doing a limited release before expanding, but it's weird that MGM lifted the embargo early lats week.... and there's only around 30 reviews loaded....

I low key believe the more regional & low level critics are going to rip the film to shreds...I read the comment sections (I know the comments are usually BS and not worth consideration, but still) of the Guardian review and all the top voted ones were basically appalled that it was a 'love' story between a 15 year old and a 25 year old (apparently it's not consummated, but then I've seen a few people imply it is at the end)...Richard Lawson from Vanity Fair also describe it as kind of 'squicky'.

IDK, I'm okay with films touching on that sort of thing (as long as films recognize that it's problematic)  but it is weird that it's described as 'sweet' by the critics...some of whom had a problem with Call me By Your Name.

Edited: anyway, we might not have to wonder about film twitter going batsh*t over HOG because I wouldn't be surprised if Licorice Pizza ends up becoming a thing-even in the mainstream media.

LilyLark
20 minutes ago, PaoloGucci said:

Film twitter ripped Respect and it ended up in the 60s...I actually think that's a good sign to not be overly doom and gloom based on film twitter...

Archived