💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy
Just now, MOT said:

This thread has been great fun. I'll miss it when it's gone. Could they not delay the release for another month ?

Please no jokes about turning the movie into a Christmas turkey.

Awww

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PaoloGucci said:

I'm so nervous for the opening weekend numbers of this movie. Clearly the critics aren't helping us. I really hope that Little Monsters will turn out strongly to see this movie, which I loved. I'll buy a second ticket just to count for the opening.

Pre sales are really good. This is heading towards a 18-25 million opening.

HookerOnAChurch

From what i'm seeing / reading basically everybody is praising Gaga's performance but, as predicted, there are a lot of mixed review about the whole movie.. let's see tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

From what i'm seeing / reading basically everybody is praising Gaga's performance but, as predicted, there are a lot of mixed review about the whole movie.. let's see tomorrow. 

Which is actually great for Gaga in the long run because if she's seen as the best thing about a movie with this calibre of talent then the sky is the limit for her. A lot of people ARE enjoying this movie though so let's not get it twisted. 

58 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

Do you have any link for the source? I’m curious to read 

LilyLark
7 hours ago, Glojuice said:

I'm actually a bit surprised the numbers are in that range (I saw 21 mil floating around, too)...while there isn't much competition, it will have to deal with the second week of Ghostbusters, Encanto, and the new Resident Evil film. Not to mention COVID....

It's not always the case, but studios (and even independent box office projections) often lowball their estimation, too. So I wouldn't be surprised if it cleared 25 mil....

*I've seen a few people claim that adult oriented fare is flopping because King Richard flopped, but they a) did a poor job of promoting it imo and b) the whole simultaneous opening on HBOmax. It's really hard to predict how films will do because of HBOMax...if I remember correctly they underestimated Dune's opening by around 10 mil and now the overestimated King Richard's opening by around 5 mil. I feel like same day streaming just throws the box office all out whack.

32 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I'm actually a bit surprised the numbers are in that range (I saw 21 mil floating around, too)...while there isn't much competition, it will have to deal with the second week of Ghostbusters, Encanto, and the new Resident Evil film. Not to mention COVID....

It's not always the case, but studios (and even independent box office projections) often lowball their estimation, too. So I wouldn't be surprised if it cleared 25 mil....

*I've seen a few people claim that adult oriented fare is flopping because King Richard flopped, but they a) did a poor job of promoting it imo and b) the whole simultaneous opening on HBOmax. It's really hard to predict how films will do because of HBOMax...if I remember correctly they underestimated Dune's opening by around 10 mil and now the overestimated King Richard's opening by around 5 mil. I feel like same day streaming just throws the box office all out whack.

The box office forums I’ve been to show Gucci outselling selling Encanto which is projected for a 35 million opening and I don’t think resident evil is competition. Encanto will still be 1 but this bodes well that Gucci is close to a 20 million opening.  Keep in mind the Gaga effect. Due to her large fan base ticket sales could be frontloaded.

Ladle Ghoulash

I enjoyed the movie, but the acting is far and away the best part. I think the pacing, storytelling, soundtrack, and color saturation were all lacking. Some really great dramatic moments for Gaga, scene w/ her and Jared is hilarious, she gives a deliciously unhinged performance toward the end, her relationship with Salma is hilarious and wonderfully acted. She's stellar in it and I really hope she gets the nom + win 

pedrohemg

I watched it, and even in that very bad quality, the movie is great. Gaga delivered an Oscar worthy performance. She's incredible. I find it hard someone to beat her because she goes from a simple and sweet girl working for her father into a full villain mode. Not saying she'll win the Oscar though. What I mean is that, she deserves it.

Eidted: "very bad quality" I mean, the quality of the image. I watched the leak. Sorry, I couldn't wait.

ThatCanadian
32 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I watched it, and even in that very bad quality, the movie is great. Gaga delivered an Oscar worthy performance. She's incredible. I find it hard someone to beat her because she goes from a simple and sweet girl working for her father into a full villain mode. Not saying she'll win the Oscar though. What I mean is that, she deserves it.

When you says “even in that very bad quality” do you mean you found the movie to be bad? Sometimes - or all the time 

pedrohemg
Just now, ThatCanadian said:

When you says “even in that very bad quality” do you mean you found the movie to be bad? Sometimes - or all the time 

NO. Video quality. lol The movie leaked yesterday.

Archived