House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

I don't want to go alone :bradley:

I did :bradley: but it was an advance screening. Many people came alone.

HookerOnAChurch

I'm about to see it for the second time tonight in London, third time on December 15th in Milan. 

HuffsAhoy
44 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

I've been to concerts alone, you'll be fine at the movies by yourself. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

thehanyo
1 hour ago, Mr Ricky said:

It's very normal to go to a matinee alone. There were several in the showing I went to!

So I just got out and I have a few things: 

1. People are griping about the run time, I agree to a certain extent. I feel like 15-20 mins could’ve been shaved off like when it got really slow, it felt like in the beginning, but then it kicked up the pace.

2. Ridley’s camera work was PHENOMENAL as well as the art direction. Loved how the colors and stuff in the first half of the movie were almost dream-like in a way then changed into dark, high contrast when things got serious. 

3. I felt Gaga’s performance was great, in ASIB I kind of had a hard time deciphering Gaga from Ally, but this, I lost Gaga in Patrizia. I loved that for her, as music was non-existent in her role so people could judge based on her acting ability. 

4. JARED LETO. I felt like he out-acted Adam, we are now Paolo Stan’s. His quirkiness cut the tension in deep spots, but then he added to it. He had the crowd laughing and chuckling the whole time. 

Without spoilers, I must say that this movie is worth a look even if Gaga wasn’t in it. It made me want to google more about the story and come up with my own conclusions. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, Zilla said:

4. JARED LETO. I felt like he out-acted Adam, we are now Paolo Stan’s. His quirkiness cut the tension in deep spots, but then he added to it. He had the crowd laughing and chuckling the whole time. 

AGREED! My mom and I loved every moment he was on the screen. I don't get those who said his comedic relief felt forced or out of place, it was perfect.  :applause:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

3 hours ago, Mr Ricky said:

I just got back from seeing it alone, and I’m glad cause whoever I went with probably would’ve complained about how long it was. :poot:

10 minutes ago, Zilla said:

To be fair I’ve never seen Adam in anything besides Star Wars, but I felt like he wasn’t that great..? His acting was just alright to me.

8 minutes ago, AshIey said:

I just got back from seeing it alone, and I’m glad cause whoever I went with probably would’ve complained about how long it was. :poot:

The people I went with said it should’ve been longer. They wanted to see what happened next :air:

5 hours ago, Meat said:

This is amazing man. Why the sad emoji?

Little monsters being negative as usual even when good things are happening. 

Plastic Flower

I wasn't convinced with Gaga’s acting in ASIB but her performance in HoG is amazing, her best to this date. She's capable of doing wonderful things. 

I can't wait to see what she brings next in her acting career. 

Drop it

7 minutes ago, Meat said:

The people I went with said it should’ve been longer. They wanted to see what happened next :air:

The second part needs some more details to be fully understood 

for instance between the the church scene with Paolo and the financial police/motorbike run one there is a huge gap in the story IMO (sorry I can’t put the “spoiler” with my iPhone, I don’t know why) 

I’m still hoping for a extended version of it, in any case I just saw it for the second time and I didn’t find it long at  all (I reckoned ASIB was more boring after the first time) 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Archived